PDA

View Full Version : OUDIE

April 23rd 18, 05:54 PM
My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
GLEN

kirk.stant
April 23rd 18, 07:12 PM
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 11:54:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
> GLEN

I had the same problem with my Oudie2, Paul Remde at Cumulus Soaring replaced the front bezel for me. The back is still a bit sticky & soft...

Must be some weird Chinese self-destroying plastic - how environmentally conscious of them!

Still works fine, so I've stopped worrying about it...

Kirk
66

AS
April 23rd 18, 09:40 PM
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 2:12:14 PM UTC-4, kirk.stant wrote:
> On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 11:54:55 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> > My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
> > GLEN
>
> I had the same problem with my Oudie2, Paul Remde at Cumulus Soaring replaced the front bezel for me. The back is still a bit sticky & soft...
>
> Must be some weird Chinese self-destroying plastic - how environmentally conscious of them!
>
> Still works fine, so I've stopped worrying about it...
>
> Kirk
> 66

It may be a reaction between the plastic and an ingredient of the sun-block lotion you are using! My wife managed to dissolve the top layer of pretty much all the buttons she regularly operated in her car after using a particular sun-block.

Uli
'AS'

April 24th 18, 04:30 AM
It is the plastic self destructing.
It will only get worse.
I bought a new one and am happy again.

Pete Startup[_2_]
April 24th 18, 07:43 AM
https://b2b.naviter.com/cart/

No idea of postal rates to the US. Does Paul Rende stock these?

April 24th 18, 02:21 PM
Le lundi 23 avril 2018 12:54:55 UTC-4, a écritÂ*:
> My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
> GLEN

Mine started to deteriorate after I used sreen cleaning fluid.
Maybe just a coincidence???
gilles

kirk.stant
April 24th 18, 02:37 PM
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 3:40:04 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:

> It may be a reaction between the plastic and an ingredient of the sun-block lotion you are using! My wife managed to dissolve the top layer of pretty much all the buttons she regularly operated in her car after using a particular sun-block.
>
> Uli
> 'AS'

I don't normally use sunblock, so my theory is that it's planned obsolescence at work...

66

Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
April 24th 18, 03:02 PM
On Monday, April 23, 2018 at 11:45:05 PM UTC-7, Pete Startup wrote:
> https://b2b.naviter.com/cart/
>
> No idea of postal rates to the US. Does Paul Rende stock these?

$63 shipping.

Craggy Aero has the Oudie 2 Lite in stock.

If your old Oudie has an unlimited license purchase an Oudie Lite $375

http://www.craggyaero.com/oudie.htm

Send me your old Oudie and I will transfer the unlimited license.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Matt Herron Jr.
April 24th 18, 04:00 PM
On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 6:21:04 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> Le lundi 23 avril 2018 12:54:55 UTC-4, a écritÂ*:
> > My Oudie has gotten real sticky to hang onto, I have tried to sort of wash it in baking soda without much luck, any ideas?
> > GLEN
>
> Mine started to deteriorate after I used sreen cleaning fluid.
> Maybe just a coincidence???
> gilles

Its not the plastic, its the soft touch paint they used.

Dan Marotta
April 24th 18, 04:01 PM
Why not ask Paul directly?Â* Or look at Cumulus Soaring.

On 4/24/2018 12:43 AM, Pete Startup wrote:
> https://b2b.naviter.com/cart/
>
> No idea of postal rates to the US. Does Paul Rende stock these?

Dan, 5J

Google