PDA

View Full Version : Vario sticks

April 28th 18, 12:08 AM
I have a Winter variometer. On my last flight, the needle was sticking at an 8 knot climb indication. After I landed, I tapped on the face of the instrument 4 times and it appeared to correct to zero after the 4th tap. Does anyone know a fix for this? I wonder if the cost to send it to an instrument repair shop is worth it for an older vario. Any ideas?
Mike

Dan Daly[_2_]
April 28th 18, 12:35 AM
On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 7:08:25 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I have a Winter variometer. On my last flight, the needle was sticking at an 8 knot climb indication. After I landed, I tapped on the face of the instrument 4 times and it appeared to correct to zero after the 4th tap. Does anyone know a fix for this? I wonder if the cost to send it to an instrument repair shop is worth it for an older vario. Any ideas?
> Mike

The winter shop does wonderful work. They come back as if they were new. There was a good article in Gliding International recently on them.

Google