PDA

View Full Version : Oudie won’t download flight

April 29th 18, 02:33 AM
When I went to upgrade it automatically upgraded to 8.01. Now it appear to work fine so i had no concern.

Today i had my first flight with it but after landing and shutting off the device just like I always have . When I got home there was NO flight file to transfer to OCL !

Now i did the upgrade manually as my updater didn’t work.

What is wrong and how can I fix this???

Dennis. DC

Paul Remde
April 29th 18, 12:26 PM
Hi Dennis,

Is it an Oudie 2 or Oudie IGC?

When done flying, did you simply shut down the Oudie, or did you first exit SeeYou Mobile. It is important that you exit SeeYou Mobile every time you finish using it. It then saves any settings changes and the flight lot. Go to Menu, Next, Exit.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
_________________________________
On Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 8:33:33 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> When I went to upgrade it automatically upgraded to 8.01. Now it appear to work fine so i had no concern.
>
> Today i had my first flight with it but after landing and shutting off the device just like I always have . When I got home there was NO flight file to transfer to OCL !
>
> Now i did the upgrade manually as my updater didn’t work.
>
> What is wrong and how can I fix this???
>
> Dennis. DC

April 29th 18, 01:55 PM
I think I remembered to shut it down properly. That’s what bothers me. The only difference is I downloaded the new version and manually installed it. I hope it something simple. Can you think of anything that would disconnect the downing of the flight with installing an upgrade? I went to look at the file systems and still saw my flights from last year.. (this was the first flight of this year in that glider for me).

Dennis

Paul Remde
April 30th 18, 01:56 AM
Hi Dennis,

You didn't answer my question. Is it an Oudie 2 or Oudie IGC?

I don't think the software upgrade would have caused the issue. May glider pilots are using the latest version without issues. I haven't received any other complaints.

Go to Menu, Settings, Files and verify the location to which the Oudie will save the flight logs. Is it saving them to the internal memory, or to a memory card?

I suspect that the file is really there, but I'm not certain.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
________________________________
On Sunday, April 29, 2018 at 7:55:21 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> I think I remembered to shut it down properly. That’s what bothers me. The only difference is I downloaded the new version and manually installed it. I hope it something simple. Can you think of anything that would disconnect the downing of the flight with installing an upgrade? I went to look at the file systems and still saw my flights from last year.. (this was the first flight of this year in that glider for me).
>
> Dennis

April 30th 18, 06:11 AM
I used my new Oudie 2 for the first time today.
I actually shut it down incorrectly.
I just pushed and held the on/off button instead of going to the menu and selecting the Exit button.
My flight was still saved on my Oudie.

April 30th 18, 02:12 PM
Oudie 2

DC

April 30th 18, 02:25 PM
It’s a Oudie 2 and when i go to Settings ...file .. there is no “save to box with choices of memory card or internal” there is only “flight folder” and it says residentFlash\Flights\. I looked at my memory card but it only had my older flights.

DC

April 30th 18, 02:28 PM
I had trouble updating my Oudie and had to do it manually. When i did it I got the mysterious version 8.00.004 which according to navigator hasn’t been released yet. Could there have been a issue when i manually loaded it. The software functions like the older version except for no flight recorded.

DC

Paul Remde
April 30th 18, 02:55 PM
Hi,

Did you check the "Flights" directory in the Oudie memory?

Did the Oudie have a good lock on satellites before takeoff? If not the filename and date may be wrong.

The version you are running should be fine.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
____________________________

On Monday, April 30, 2018 at 8:28:23 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> I had trouble updating my Oudie and had to do it manually. When i did it I got the mysterious version 8.00.004 which according to navigator hasn’t been released yet. Could there have been a issue when i manually loaded it. The software functions like the older version except for no flight recorded.
>
> DC

April 30th 18, 03:42 PM
I did check the flights directory and checked the memory card. At this point I am going to fly with it again and make sure the satellites are locked in both my Cambridge model 20 and the Oudie. Last time was my first flight of the year with my glider so maybe i forgot some procedure. I also will take both my Oudie and Cambridge flight recorder home to upload the flight so if the Oudie isn’t working the Cambridge recorder should at least have the flight.

Hopefully its nothing. I was unsure since I downloaded the new version because i had to do it manually and then I was surprised to get a advanced version instead of the 7.47. Maybe its just a coincidence.

Thanks again for you help on this.

DC

Ron Gleason
April 30th 18, 03:54 PM
On Monday, 30 April 2018 08:42:12 UTC-6, wrote:
> I did check the flights directory and checked the memory card. At this point I am going to fly with it again and make sure the satellites are locked in both my Cambridge model 20 and the Oudie. Last time was my first flight of the year with my glider so maybe i forgot some procedure. I also will take both my Oudie and Cambridge flight recorder home to upload the flight so if the Oudie isn’t working the Cambridge recorder should at least have the flight.
>
> Hopefully its nothing. I was unsure since I downloaded the new version because i had to do it manually and then I was surprised to get a advanced version instead of the 7.47. Maybe its just a coincidence.
>
> Thanks again for you help on this.
>
> DC

Dennis, instead of waiting for the next time you fly put on your car dash and see if you can get it to create a flight when you are driving somewhere. BTW I upgraded my Ouide 2 with the Ouide upgrade utility on PC the software version is 8.01.004. I have not flown with it yet

Ron Gleason

kinsell
April 30th 18, 04:41 PM
On 04/30/2018 08:42 AM, wrote:
> I did check the flights directory and checked the memory card. At this point I am going to fly with it again and make sure the satellites are locked in both my Cambridge model 20 and the Oudie. Last time was my first flight of the year with my glider so maybe i forgot some procedure. I also will take both my Oudie and Cambridge flight recorder home to upload the flight so if the Oudie isn’t working the Cambridge recorder should at least have the flight.
>
> Hopefully its nothing. I was unsure since I downloaded the new version because i had to do it manually and then I was surprised to get a advanced version instead of the 7.47. Maybe its just a coincidence.
>
> Thanks again for you help on this.
>
> DC

First flight of the season, GPS may take a long time to lock on. I know
my Cambridge 302 fails to record anything if not locked on prior to takeoff.

kinsell
April 30th 18, 04:58 PM
On 04/30/2018 08:42 AM, wrote:
> I did check the flights directory and checked the memory card. At this point I am going to fly with it again and make sure the satellites are locked in both my Cambridge model 20 and the Oudie. Last time was my first flight of the year with my glider so maybe i forgot some procedure. I also will take both my Oudie and Cambridge flight recorder home to upload the flight so if the Oudie isn’t working the Cambridge recorder should at least have the flight.
>
> Hopefully its nothing. I was unsure since I downloaded the new version because i had to do it manually and then I was surprised to get a advanced version instead of the 7.47. Maybe its just a coincidence.
>
> Thanks again for you help on this.
>
> DC

Also, good luck using a Model 20 as a backup. It may well lock on to
satellites, but give you a bad date.

-Dave

Nick Kennedy
May 1st 18, 02:18 AM
I upgraded my Oudie 2 and the version I now have is 7.21.003
Is this not the newest version available?

With the logging problem I would go Settings> IGC Logging>check box Logger permanently on then go and hit Save Settings before turning off

May 1st 18, 04:33 AM
Hi Nick

Why would you leave the logger always on?

DC

Nick Kennedy
May 2nd 18, 01:17 AM
Dennis
My thinking is if the logger is permanently on then it is going to record your flight, every time, without having to remember to turn it on. My CAI 302 and my PowerFlarm both automatically record my flights BTW

May 2nd 18, 01:21 PM
Idea Nick. I have changed the settling. Thanks everyone.

DC

kirk.stant
May 3rd 18, 03:55 PM
I have my Oudie2 updated to the latest s/w.

Now, when I land after a flight, I get the "Flight will Finish" caution on the display, and the Oudie locks up - I have to do a hard reset via the button on the back to restart it.

Not a big deal since I don't use my Oudie as a logger (my PF and SN10 take care of that), but it is irritating.

Anyone else seen this problem?

Kirk
66

Paul Remde
May 4th 18, 05:12 AM
Hi Kirk,

I'm not sure if this is the issue, but make sure the Oudie is not trying to save the flight log to a microSD card when one isn't installed. Go to Menu, Settings, Files and set it to save flight logs to internal memory if it isn't already.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
______________________________
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 9:55:06 AM UTC-5, kirk.stant wrote:
> I have my Oudie2 updated to the latest s/w.
>
> Now, when I land after a flight, I get the "Flight will Finish" caution on the display, and the Oudie locks up - I have to do a hard reset via the button on the back to restart it.
>
> Not a big deal since I don't use my Oudie as a logger (my PF and SN10 take care of that), but it is irritating.
>
> Anyone else seen this problem?
>
> Kirk
> 66

May 4th 18, 02:43 PM
Hi Paul....I think you mentioned this before... when I go to menu...I hit files and that page does NOT say saving file to anything. I get a greed out terrain...A greed out airspace....waypoints resident flash \airfields and airspace\USA\U. And the file folder Flight Folder.... has \ResidentFlash\Flights\. When I hit the button to the right of the list of files including the flights folder.

I on’t see anywhere it says save to memory card..

Dennis

Paul Remde
May 4th 18, 04:02 PM
Hi Dennis,

OK. It is saving the files to the Oudie internal memory. That is good.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
________________________________

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 8:43:58 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Hi Paul....I think you mentioned this before... when I go to menu...I hit files and that page does NOT say saving file to anything. I get a greed out terrain...A greed out airspace....waypoints resident flash \airfields and airspace\USA\U. And the file folder Flight Folder.... has \ResidentFlash\Flights\. When I hit the button to the right of the list of files including the flights folder.
>
> I on’t see anywhere it says save to memory card..
>
> Dennis

kirk.stant
May 4th 18, 04:54 PM
On Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 11:12:03 PM UTC-5, Paul Remde wrote:
> Hi Kirk,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the issue, but make sure the Oudie is not trying to save the flight log to a microSD card when one isn't installed. Go to Menu, Settings, Files and set it to save flight logs to internal memory if it isn't already.

Good idea - I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks!

Ron Gleason
May 6th 18, 04:28 PM
On Friday, 4 May 2018 07:43:58 UTC-6, wrote:
> Hi Paul....I think you mentioned this before... when I go to menu...I hit files and that page does NOT say saving file to anything. I get a greed out terrain...A greed out airspace....waypoints resident flash \airfields and airspace\USA\U. And the file folder Flight Folder.... has \ResidentFlash\Flights\. When I hit the button to the right of the list of files including the flights folder.
>
> I on’t see anywhere it says save to memory card..
>
> Dennis

Flew on 5/5 with the Oudie 2 with SYM at software version 8.01.004 and everything worked fine. It logged the flight and I exited SYM before powering down and all is fine

May 6th 18, 04:44 PM
Well Yesterday I also logged a flight. I remembered to power down and took both my flight recorders home. I took out my micro card out of the Oudie to see if the flight recorded and it did! I went to upload into OLC and they didn’t approve it (they don’t list any reasons). I was discouraged so i removed that flight and uploaded the flight from my Cambridge flight recorder. Now that did work. So now my Oudie records but the file won’t pass OLC. I guess next time I will try to upload straight from my Oudie and not use the micro cards.

I don’t know why the flight from the micro card didn’t work.. I got back to this new update because Navittar hasn’t officially released it yet (I was supposed to be downloading 7.47 and got 8.00 instead.. Why would a flight not be accepted by OLC from one source yet OK from another?

Dennis

Darryl Ramm
May 6th 18, 04:51 PM
On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:44:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> Well Yesterday I also logged a flight. I remembered to power down and took both my flight recorders home. I took out my micro card out of the Oudie to see if the flight recorded and it did! I went to upload into OLC and they didn’t approve it (they don’t list any reasons). I was discouraged so i removed that flight and uploaded the flight from my Cambridge flight recorder. Now that did work. So now my Oudie records but the file won’t pass OLC. I guess next time I will try to upload straight from my Oudie and not use the micro cards.
>
> I don’t know why the flight from the micro card didn’t work. I got back to this new update because Navittar hasn’t officially released it yet (I was supposed to be downloading 7.47 and got 8.00 instead. Why would a flight not be accepted by OLC from one source yet OK from another?
>
> Dennis

You need to do some troubleshooting. Does the IGC file even have a G Record in it? Does that file validate anywhere else? Like SeeYou?

Darryl Ramm
May 6th 18, 04:54 PM
On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:51:51 AM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
> On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:44:06 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> > Well Yesterday I also logged a flight. I remembered to power down and took both my flight recorders home. I took out my micro card out of the Oudie to see if the flight recorded and it did! I went to upload into OLC and they didn’t approve it (they don’t list any reasons). I was discouraged so i removed that flight and uploaded the flight from my Cambridge flight recorder. Now that did work. So now my Oudie records but the file won’t pass OLC. I guess next time I will try to upload straight from my Oudie and not use the micro cards.
> >
> > I don’t know why the flight from the micro card didn’t work. I got back to this new update because Navittar hasn’t officially released it yet (I was supposed to be downloading 7.47 and got 8.00 instead. Why would a flight not be accepted by OLC from one source yet OK from another?
> >
> > Dennis
>
> You need to do some troubleshooting. Does the IGC file even have a G Record in it? Does that file validate anywhere else? Like SeeYou?

Or does it validate here: http://vali.fai-civl.org/validation.html

May 6th 18, 05:59 PM
Hi Darryl... The file validation said that there was no signature in file. The file that was successfully uploaded was the same flight but recorded by my Cambridge recorder. The Oudie worked fine until the last version update.

Thanks what I know. Any clues as to what is wrong?

Thanks
Dennis

May 6th 18, 06:16 PM
I did some searching and the signature seems to be from the logging section on the menu. When i went to that page it seems that my name was removed somehow. So I entered my name and saved settings.

Hope that works.

Thanks

Dennis

Ron Gleason
May 6th 18, 08:43 PM
On Sunday, 6 May 2018 11:16:51 UTC-6, wrote:
> I did some searching and the signature seems to be from the logging section on the menu. When i went to that page it seems that my name was removed somehow. So I entered my name and saved settings.
>
> Hope that works.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dennis

Dennis the beginning of the IGC file from OLC contains these records prior to the WP entries and then the B records for position(s)

ACALC0JH
HFDTE050518
HFFXA050
HFPLTPilot: Pilot's Name
HFGTYGliderType:
HFCIDCompetitionID:
HFDTM100Datum: WGS-84
HFRFWFIRMWAREVERSION: 6.0
HFRHWHARDWAREVERSION: f
HFSITSite: SeeYou
HFTZOTimezone: 0
HFUNTUnits: nmi,ft,kt
I033638FXA3941ENL4247REX

Not sure what you mean by 'SIGNATURE' in file, I am assuming it referring to the G security record.

When you stat that OLC will not approve it are you getting a RED v for validation or a BLUE v for validation? The Oudie should produce a BLUE v for validation as it is considered a position recorder, only the IGC Oudie will give you a GREEN v for validation.

OLC accepted recorders are listed here https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3.0/gliding/logger.html

SOrry for the questions but nomenclature is important and yes this is far more complicated than it should be. Bloody specifications on records within a IGC file can be found here http://www.gliding.ch/images/news/lx20/fichiers_igc.htm#Hrec

See flying is much easier than playing with electronics.

Ron GLeason

May 6th 18, 09:56 PM
When I first tried to upload the file to OLC I got the red V. I had that file deleted and then I uploaded the flight from my Cambridge recorder and it was accepted. That’s when i decided it was an Oudie issue. Darryl gave me the link to analyze a IGC file. It said that the file had no signature. I googled this and found out it was referencing my name (which is on your list). I went to this settings page and sure enough all my pilot info was blank. Now it wasn’t before the version update and I had no issues before the version update. I will test this again next flight but I think I may have found the cause. Fingers crossed.

You know freakin Navitar was very casual about the idea that I could click version 7.47 to download and end up with 8.01!!!...he stared “its not officially released yet but is well tested”...well if its NOT officially released then why did I have access to it? When he said well tested does that include erasing pilot information?

The reason I am reposting this is apparently I am not the only guy that got the unofficial release and perhaps others have issues. If not i can only hope that this is the fix. Navitar was not helpful.

Dennis

Ron Gleason
May 6th 18, 10:29 PM
On Sunday, 6 May 2018 14:56:22 UTC-6, wrote:
> When I first tried to upload the file to OLC I got the red V. I had that file deleted and then I uploaded the flight from my Cambridge recorder and it was accepted. That’s when i decided it was an Oudie issue. Darryl gave me the link to analyze a IGC file. It said that the file had no signature. I googled this and found out it was referencing my name (which is on your list). I went to this settings page and sure enough all my pilot info was blank. Now it wasn’t before the version update and I had no issues before the version update. I will test this again next flight but I think I may have found the cause. Fingers crossed.
>
> You know freakin Navitar was very casual about the idea that I could click version 7.47 to download and end up with 8.01!!!...he stared “its not officially released yet but is well tested”...well if its NOT officially released then why did I have access to it? When he said well tested does that include erasing pilot information?
>
> The reason I am reposting this is apparently I am not the only guy that got the unofficial release and perhaps others have issues. If not i can only hope that this is the fix. Navitar was not helpful.
>
> Dennis

As I posted previously I upgraded my Oudie 2 via the PC updater utility and got 8.01.004 after your experience.

The contents of your IGC file I posted came from downloading from OLC, so it should reflect what is your Cambridge logger not your Oudie. THerefore how can an IGC file without pilot info etc, what you are calling a SIGNATURE, be verified?

DO not wait till your next flight, drive around with the Oudie and check it out.

I have worked with Naviter on numerous accounts and found them to be responsive and very helpful. THeir products are great and when they break their software it is fixed quickly. Our market is so small I am grateful for the products we have

Ron

Ron Gleason
May 6th 18, 10:34 PM
On Sunday, 6 May 2018 15:29:36 UTC-6, Ron Gleason wrote:
> On Sunday, 6 May 2018 14:56:22 UTC-6, wrote:
> > When I first tried to upload the file to OLC I got the red V. I had that file deleted and then I uploaded the flight from my Cambridge recorder and it was accepted. That’s when i decided it was an Oudie issue. Darryl gave me the link to analyze a IGC file. It said that the file had no signature. I googled this and found out it was referencing my name (which is on your list). I went to this settings page and sure enough all my pilot info was blank. Now it wasn’t before the version update and I had no issues before the version update. I will test this again next flight but I think I may have found the cause. Fingers crossed.
> >
> > You know freakin Navitar was very casual about the idea that I could click version 7.47 to download and end up with 8.01!!!...he stared “its not officially released yet but is well tested”...well if its NOT officially released then why did I have access to it? When he said well tested does that include erasing pilot information?
> >
> > The reason I am reposting this is apparently I am not the only guy that got the unofficial release and perhaps others have issues. If not i can only hope that this is the fix. Navitar was not helpful.
> >
> > Dennis
>
> As I posted previously I upgraded my Oudie 2 via the PC updater utility and got 8.01.004 after your experience.
>
> The contents of your IGC file I posted came from downloading from OLC, so it should reflect what is your Cambridge logger not your Oudie. THerefore how can an IGC file without pilot info etc, what you are calling a SIGNATURE, be verified?
>
> DO not wait till your next flight, drive around with the Oudie and check it out.
>
> I have worked with Naviter on numerous accounts and found them to be responsive and very helpful. THeir products are great and when they break their software it is fixed quickly. Our market is so small I am grateful for the products we have
>
> Ron

FWIW Dennis here is the beginning of the IGC from my flight on 5/5 from the Oudie 2

AXCM5DJ,FLIGHT:1
HFDTE050518
HFFXA015
HFPLTPILOT:RON GLEASON
HFCM2CREW2:
HFGTYGLIDERTYPE:VENTUS 2CX
HFGIDGLIDERID:N10SZ
HFDTM100GPSDATUM:WGS-1984
HFRFWFIRMWAREVERSION:8.01.004
HFFTYFRTYPE:Oudie
HFCIDCOMPETITIONID:RG
HFCCLCOMPETITIONCLASS:18-meter
HFTZNTIMEZONE:-6.00

Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]
May 6th 18, 11:19 PM
At 21:34 06 May 2018, Ron Gleason wrote:
> [...]
>SIGNATU=
>RE, be verified?
>>=20
>> DO not wait till your next flight, drive around with the Oudie and
check
>=
>it out.
>>=20
>> I have worked with Naviter on numerous accounts and found them to be
>resp=
>onsive and very helpful. THeir products are great and when they break
>thei=
>r software it is fixed quickly. Our market is so small I am grateful for
>t=
>he products we have
>>=20
>> Ron
>
>FWIW Dennis here is the beginning of the IGC from my flight on 5/5 from

The security record(s) should be the last record(s) in the file, although
some software (such as SeeYou) can add extra records after the security
record(s).

Security record(s) all start with the letter G. If there are no records in
the file starting with the letter G, there are no security records.

However, as the second character of the first Record in the file is 'X', we
know that this is NOT any kind of IGC Approved recorder.

Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]
May 6th 18, 11:39 PM
At 19:43 06 May 2018, Ron Gleason wrote:
>SOrry for the questions but nomenclature is important and yes this is far
>m=
>ore complicated than it should be. Bloody specifications on records
>within=
> a IGC file can be found here
>http://www.gliding.ch/images/news/lx20/fichiers_igc.htm#Hrec=20
>
>See flying is much easier than playing with electronics.
>
>Ron GLeason

Use that page with caution.

1. It bears the date 1994!
2. The definition of the A-record is wrong and there have been lots of
other updates since 1994.

Ron Gleason
May 7th 18, 12:04 AM
On Sunday, 6 May 2018 16:45:05 UTC-6, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
> At 19:43 06 May 2018, Ron Gleason wrote:
> >SOrry for the questions but nomenclature is important and yes this is far
> >m=
> >ore complicated than it should be. Bloody specifications on records
> >within=
> > a IGC file can be found here
> >http://www.gliding.ch/images/news/lx20/fichiers_igc.htm#Hrec=20
> >
> >See flying is much easier than playing with electronics.
> >
> >Ron GLeason
> >

> Use that page with caution.
>
> 1. It bears the date 1994!
> 2. The definition of the A-record is wrong and there have been lots of
> other updates since 1994.

Thanks Tim good catch, latest document from FAI site https://www.fai.org/sites/default/files/documents/igc_fr_spec_with_al4a_2016-4-10.pdf starting on page 18

May 10th 18, 01:55 AM
My Oudie 2 hangs up after flying a task and landing. It started doing this after I interfaced it with my Portable Flarm. It works well during the flight otherwise. I too have to do a "reset" to get it working again.

I tried setting the Oudie 2 not to allow the flight to be downloaded from the Flarm, but that didn't help either. It hangs up at the end of the flight regardless of the setting ... and I have a Micro SD card.

Even with the "stuck" Oudie at the end of the flight, it still contains a valid .igc file and I've used the file successfully for regional races.

Google