PDA

View Full Version : Inreach

Tango Eight
May 2nd 18, 01:14 PM
Delorme's marketing is handicapped.
https://www.cabelas.com/assets/product_files/pdf/270145_inreach_service_plan.pdf

Can someone who currently subscribes confirm that the cost of 6 mos active per year runs $115 plus msg charges on the "freedom" plan?

T8

Papa3[_2_]
May 2nd 18, 01:53 PM
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:14:46 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
> Delorme's marketing is handicapped.
> https://www.cabelas.com/assets/product_files/pdf/270145_inreach_service_plan.pdf
>
> Can someone who currently subscribes confirm that the cost of 6 mos active per year runs $115 plus msg charges on the "freedom" plan?
>
> T8

Not sure how your math works. I pay $38.79/month under the "Recreation" plan which is illustrated on your link. It's $34.95 plus fees/taxes.

Tango Eight
May 2nd 18, 02:06 PM
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:53:16 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:14:46 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
> > Delorme's marketing is handicapped.
> > https://www.cabelas.com/assets/product_files/pdf/270145_inreach_service_plan.pdf
> >
> > Can someone who currently subscribes confirm that the cost of 6 mos active per year runs $115 plus msg charges on the "freedom" plan?
> >
> > T8
>
> Not sure how your math works. I pay $38.79/month under the "Recreation" plan which is illustrated on your link. It's $34.95 plus fees/taxes.

I was looking at the Safety plan, looks like $15/active month plus $25/year.

Cell based tracking works so well I'd be using Inreach only in event of a landing, would be inclined to dispense with ten minute tracking except for perhaps for April & May adventures.

T8

Tango Eight
May 2nd 18, 02:12 PM
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 9:07:01 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:53:16 AM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 8:14:46 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
> > > Delorme's marketing is handicapped.
> > > https://www.cabelas.com/assets/product_files/pdf/270145_inreach_service_plan.pdf
> > >
> > > Can someone who currently subscribes confirm that the cost of 6 mos active per year runs $115 plus msg charges on the "freedom" plan?
> > >
> > > T8
> >
> > Not sure how your math works. I pay $38.79/month under the "Recreation" plan which is illustrated on your link. It's $34.95 plus fees/taxes.
>
> I was looking at the Safety plan, looks like $15/active month plus $25/year.
>
> Cell based tracking works so well I'd be using Inreach only in event of a landing, would be inclined to dispense with ten minute tracking except for perhaps for April & May adventures.
>
> T8

I guess the other thing I'm looking for is opinions on the old Explorer (+GPS nav) available Cabela's for $200 vs the later generation devices at > $400.

T8

Renny[_2_]
May 2nd 18, 02:26 PM
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 7:12:07 AM UTC-6, Tango Eight wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 9:07:01 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:

> > > Not sure how your math works. I pay $38.79/month under the "Recreation" plan which is illustrated on your link. It's $34.95 plus fees/taxes.
> >
> > I was looking at the Safety plan, looks like $15/active month plus $25/year.
> >
> > Cell based tracking works so well I'd be using Inreach only in event of a landing, would be inclined to dispense with ten minute tracking except for perhaps for April & May adventures.
> >
> > T8
>
> I guess the other thing I'm looking for is opinions on the old Explorer (+GPS nav) available Cabela's for $200 vs the later generation devices at > $400.
>
> T8

T8 - I've been using the original Explorer for several years and it works just great. I haven't compared its features one by one versus the features of the new Garmin inReach Explorer+ but it does a great job for soaring and I also use it for hiking. At $200. it really is an excellent price, so I would not hesitate to buy one at Cabela's! Thx - Renny

Google