PDA

View Full Version : Glider Pilot Brain Development

Charlie Papa[_2_]
June 12th 18, 01:21 PM
Seems this stuff may make us smarter:

A rare comfort for those of us worried about the effects of ageing on the grey matter ;)

son_of_flubber
June 12th 18, 02:46 PM
Studied 15 pilots, 34 hours in log book. Mean age 21.3 years old. Average flight duration 10-15 minutes.

Frank Whiteley
June 12th 18, 03:50 PM
On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 6:21:48 AM UTC-6, Charlie Papa wrote:
> Seems this stuff may make us smarter:
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4246923/
>
> A rare comfort for those of us worried about the effects of ageing on the grey matter ;)

You mean developing your bird brain? I often tell people it takes many years, but that's the beauty of it.

Scott Williams
June 13th 18, 03:37 AM
On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 7:21:48 AM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:
> Seems this stuff may make us smarter:
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4246923/
>
> A rare comfort for those of us worried about the effects of ageing on the grey matter ;)

It makes me a little sad, America used to do these kinds of studies.

Google