PDA

View Full Version : My Portable Power Flarm apparently didn't log an .IGC file fortoday's flight (too bad because we caught our strongest thermal yet around KSFM!)

Kristin Nowell
July 1st 18, 09:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I updated to version 6.42 a while ago, and since then I have gotten several error messages saying SD card not found (even though it is in there) on start up, but that seemed to fix itself upon restarting the unit. But after today's flight it just recopied yesterday's flight onto the SD card. Perhaps I should try running the Repair function...?

Thanks,

Kristin
Dimona H36 motorglider

Dan Daly[_2_]
July 1st 18, 09:26 PM
On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 4:09:00 PM UTC-4, Kristin Nowell wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I updated to version 6.42 a while ago, and since then I have gotten several error messages saying SD card not found (even though it is in there) on start up, but that seemed to fix itself upon restarting the unit. But after today's flight it just recopied yesterday's flight onto the SD card. Perhaps I should try running the Repair function...?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kristin
> Dimona H36 motorglider

Perhaps try another mSD card?

July 1st 18, 10:57 PM
I would put the SD card into a PC and run a file system check on it. It's very easy for removable media to get corrupted such that it will confuse simple devices. Alternatively, try another micro SD card. Make sure it's 32gb or less and formatted Fat16 or FAT32, not NTFS or some other file system..

RS

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 3:09:00 PM UTC-5, Kristin Nowell wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I updated to version 6.42 a while ago, and since then I have gotten several error messages saying SD card not found (even though it is in there) on start up, but that seemed to fix itself upon restarting the unit. But after today's flight it just recopied yesterday's flight onto the SD card. Perhaps I should try running the Repair function...?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kristin
> Dimona H36 motorglider

Paul Remde
July 2nd 18, 01:12 AM
Hi Kristin,

Did you use the menus on the Portable to transfer the flight log to the memory card? The Core does that at power-up, but I think you need to initiate the transfer on the Portable.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
______________________

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 3:09:00 PM UTC-5, Kristin Nowell wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I updated to version 6.42 a while ago, and since then I have gotten several error messages saying SD card not found (even though it is in there) on start up, but that seemed to fix itself upon restarting the unit. But after today's flight it just recopied yesterday's flight onto the SD card. Perhaps I should try running the Repair function...?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kristin
> Dimona H36 motorglider

Kristin Nowell
July 2nd 18, 04:32 PM
Reformatting the SD card seems to have fixed the problem - thanks so much for your advice!! Yesterday's flight is there after all, hurray! And yes, Paul, with the Portable you have to use the device menu to write IGC files to the SD card, I do this after every flight.

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 5:57:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I would put the SD card into a PC and run a file system check on it. It's very easy for removable media to get corrupted such that it will confuse simple devices. Alternatively, try another micro SD card. Make sure it's 32gb or less and formatted Fat16 or FAT32, not NTFS or some other file system.
>
> RS
>
> On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 3:09:00 PM UTC-5, Kristin Nowell wrote:
> > Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? I updated to version 6.42 a while ago, and since then I have gotten several error messages saying SD card not found (even though it is in there) on start up, but that seemed to fix itself upon restarting the unit. But after today's flight it just recopied yesterday's flight onto the SD card. Perhaps I should try running the Repair function...?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Kristin
> > Dimona H36 motorglider

Google