PDA

View Full Version : TS1 Tony or Andy Durbin

TomnKeyLargo
August 28th 04, 04:46 PM
Hi guys, I am in Alamogotdo now, I saw your SW soaring contest coming up. Are
guests allowed?? What are the details?? Let us know, maybe some of us can
show up. Thanks, # 711.

Kilo Charlie
August 29th 04, 04:43 AM
"TomnKeyLargo" > wrote in message
> Hi guys, I am in Alamogotdo now, I saw your SW soaring contest coming up.
Are
> guests allowed?? What are the details?? Let us know, maybe some of us
can
> show up. Thanks, # 711.

Any and all are welcome at the annual Southwest Championship races. It is a
2 weekend event (Labor Day for 3 days then the following 2 day weekend),
non-handicapped and always a good time. It is Arizona so the chance of a
cancelled day is remote. In fact our local (and quite good!) weatherman
says that by next weekend we should have a decent possibility of more
moisture and therefore greater speeds due to marked and stronger thermals.
Tony Smolder (aka TS1) is the contest organizer, manager and scorer and
usual winner of the event so we need some new blood to challenge him!

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

Larry Goddard
August 29th 04, 05:32 AM
Kilo Charlie wrote:

> "TomnKeyLargo" > wrote in message
> > Hi guys, I am in Alamogotdo now, I saw your SW soaring contest coming up.
> Are
> > guests allowed?? What are the details?? Let us know, maybe some of us
> can
> > show up. Thanks, # 711.
>
> Any and all are welcome at the annual Southwest Championship races. It is a
> 2 weekend event (Labor Day for 3 days then the following 2 day weekend),
> non-handicapped and always a good time. It is Arizona so the chance of a
> cancelled day is remote. In fact our local (and quite good!) weatherman
> says that by next weekend we should have a decent possibility of more
> moisture and therefore greater speeds due to marked and stronger thermals.
> Tony Smolder (aka TS1) is the contest organizer, manager and scorer and
> usual winner of the event so we need some new blood to challenge him!

How about just taking the scoring away from him! (sorry Tony, couldn't
resist!)

Larry Goddard
"01" Zero One USA

Andy Durbin
August 29th 04, 03:17 PM
(TomnKeyLargo) wrote in message >...
> Hi guys, I am in Alamogotdo now, I saw your SW soaring contest coming up. Are
> guests allowed?? What are the details?? Let us know, maybe some of us can
> show up. Thanks, # 711.

Come on down! One class, no handicaps, no ballast limit, the other
rules are based on FAI regional. It was blue Saturday but club contest
best speeds were in the mid to high 70's (mph).

You'll have to post RAS reports though!

Andy (GY)

Google