PDA

View Full Version : Eye Ball Vent

B. Iten
September 1st 04, 05:01 PM
Anyone know where to get a good eye ball vent for the instrument
panel? I found a couple at aircraft spruce but they are the type that
you need to manually flip the butterfly plate inside instead of
rotating the outer knob to open and close the vent. Knauff said that I
should contact M&H but I did not receive a response from them for a
factory style Schemp ball. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Brian

Eric Greenwell
September 1st 04, 10:42 PM
B. Iten wrote:
> Anyone know where to get a good eye ball vent for the instrument
> panel? I found a couple at aircraft spruce but they are the type that
> you need to manually flip the butterfly plate inside instead of
> rotating the outer knob to open and close the vent. Knauff said that I
> should contact M&H but I did not receive a response from them for a
> factory style Schemp ball. Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks
> Brian

Years ago, I got a couple from an aircraft wrecking yard that came from
a Cessna 150. Schleicher now uses a nifty style that is much quieter
than the "throttle plate" style, and also directs the air better. Maybe
a call to Eastern Sailplane would get you one.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

ken ward
September 2nd 04, 02:24 AM
In article >,
(B. Iten) wrote:

> Anyone know where to get a good eye ball vent for the instrument
> panel? I found a couple at aircraft spruce but they are the type that
> you need to manually flip the butterfly plate inside instead of
> rotating the outer knob to open and close the vent. Knauff said that I
> should contact M&H but I did not receive a response from them for a
> factory style Schemp ball. Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks
> Brian

Larry Mansberger (Mansberger Aircraft) at Minden installed one for me
several years ago. A call to him might yeild his supplier.

Ken

Garret
September 2nd 04, 06:40 AM
I got the link from www.lancair.com

http://www.aerocraftparts.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=2133
or
http://www.aerocraftparts.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=2230-01

William Jones
September 4th 04, 09:38 AM
Chief aircraft had them. I bought a couple 4 years ago. Very good but
expensive.

"B. Iten" > wrote in message
om...
> Anyone know where to get a good eye ball vent for the instrument
> panel? I found a couple at aircraft spruce but they are the type that
> you need to manually flip the butterfly plate inside instead of
> rotating the outer knob to open and close the vent. Knauff said that I
> should contact M&H but I did not receive a response from them for a
> factory style Schemp ball. Anyone have any ideas?
> Thanks
> Brian

Google