PDA

View Full Version : ASW20 liftup panel mod ,do you want one

goneill
September 7th 04, 08:56 PM
I am getting a local engineering shop who does work for the local branch
of the Confederate Airforce to make a set of the parts for the M & H liftup
panel modification for my ASW20L and ordering in uprated gas strut from
the German manufacturer
Several of the local owners are interested and are ordering a kitset
as well.
Does any other ASW20 owner want to add to the order to help bring down the
cost to everyone ,estimated cost of the metal parts plus uprated gas strut
and pneumatic
connector is US$350
contact
Gary O'Neill
New Zealand

goneill at win dot co dot nz

Paul
September 8th 04, 12:32 AM
Gary
I assume you got a price from the manufacturer for their conversion kit? We
looked at a simliar arrangment but decided the factory one was far better.
Includes all fibreglass parts, new panel( which they can cut to you specs),
new instrument cover and hardware. Also is a TN note rather than a local
mod.
Looks alot nicer instead of a few metal bars holding the panel up. Makes it
into the 20C config with fibreglass underpan etc and new cover. Did the
conversion on an ASW 19 and it looks very smart.
I can send pics if you want.
Paul

"goneill" > wrote in message
> I am getting a local engineering shop who does work for the local branch
> of the Confederate Airforce to make a set of the parts for the M & H
liftup
> panel modification for my ASW20L and ordering in uprated gas strut from
> the German manufacturer
> Several of the local owners are interested and are ordering a kitset
> as well.
> Does any other ASW20 owner want to add to the order to help bring down
the
> cost to everyone ,estimated cost of the metal parts plus uprated gas strut
> and pneumatic
> connector is US$350
> contact
> Gary O'Neill
> New Zealand
>
> goneill at win dot co dot nz

goneill
September 8th 04, 09:05 PM
Yes it does look nicer etc but I am getting a lot of other work done and the
mod from the factory is a lot more expensive.
gary
"Paul" > wrote in message
> Gary
> I assume you got a price from the manufacturer for their conversion kit?
> We
> looked at a simliar arrangment but decided the factory one was far better.
> Includes all fibreglass parts, new panel( which they can cut to you
> specs),
> new instrument cover and hardware. Also is a TN note rather than a local
> mod.
> Looks alot nicer instead of a few metal bars holding the panel up. Makes
> it
> into the 20C config with fibreglass underpan etc and new cover. Did the
> conversion on an ASW 19 and it looks very smart.
> I can send pics if you want.
> Paul
>
> "goneill" > wrote in message
>> I am getting a local engineering shop who does work for the local branch
>> of the Confederate Airforce to make a set of the parts for the M & H
> liftup
>> panel modification for my ASW20L and ordering in uprated gas strut from
>> the German manufacturer
>> Several of the local owners are interested and are ordering a kitset
>> as well.
>> Does any other ASW20 owner want to add to the order to help bring down
> the
>> cost to everyone ,estimated cost of the metal parts plus uprated gas
>> strut
>> and pneumatic
>> connector is US$350
>> contact