PDA

View Full Version : FS Schweizer 1-23H15

Mackfly
September 8th 04, 02:35 AM
It's listed in "Soaring" this month. Rare ole bird in good shape. Open trailer.
Climbs like crazy. Won't keep up with the glass ships on the run. Got my
Silver in her so she can't be all bad. Look for pics of her at
www.omahasoaring.net "Photo Album" section. She has no "bad" vices and has
VNE airbrakes should you decide to let yourself get sucked into a cloud. Not
that I have done that. Mac

scurry
September 8th 04, 04:12 PM
Mackfly wrote:
> It's listed in "Soaring" this month. Rare ole bird in good shape. Open trailer.
> Climbs like crazy. Won't keep up with the glass ships on the run. Got my
> Silver in her so she can't be all bad. Look for pics of her at
> www.omahasoaring.net "Photo Album" section. She has no "bad" vices and has
> VNE airbrakes should you decide to let yourself get sucked into a cloud. Not
> that I have done that. Mac

What are you bringing to Salida next time Mac?

Shawn

Mackfly
September 8th 04, 07:56 PM
>Subject: Re: FS Schweizer 1-23H15
>From: scurry

>What are you bringing to Salida next time Mac?
>

>Shawn

Hey Shawn-----same as this year---my tent. Had a great camping vacation up at
Monarch Spur campground first week of Aug. Wife, daughter and hubby, along
with the grandkids. However I gave up climbing at 12,435' on Mt. Taylor! Must
be age, huh? Saw a couple of trailers on the airport but no mid-week activity.
Just drove past one day. Took my kayak over to Gunnison for a little trip
down the Gunnison river. Fun. Next soaring trip will be with some kind of
club ship. Maybe I can teach some of our members something in a Blanik. Take
care and help us sell the 1-23---Mac

scurry
September 8th 04, 08:56 PM
Mackfly wrote:
>>Subject: Re: FS Schweizer 1-23H15
>>From: scurry
>

>>What are you bringing to Salida next time Mac?
>>

>>Shawn
>

> Hey Shawn-----same as this year---my tent. Had a great camping vacation up at
> Monarch Spur campground first week of Aug. Wife, daughter and hubby, along
> with the grandkids. However I gave up climbing at 12,435' on Mt. Taylor! Must
> be age, huh? Saw a couple of trailers on the airport but no mid-week activity.
> Just drove past one day. Took my kayak over to Gunnison for a little trip
> down the Gunnison river. Fun. Next soaring trip will be with some kind of
> club ship. Maybe I can teach some of our members something in a Blanik. Take
> care and help us sell the 1-23---Mac

For sure. I had forgotten to mention. I've flown with Mac here in
Salida and in Boulder. the Mighty 1-23 does quite nicely in the
mountains. Also, this ship looks really nice from the air. :-)

Salida still doesn't have regular towing. The Boulder club was in town
this weekend, so I got some flying in here, but for only the second time
this year. The trailer (KH, one of the ones you saw) is getting lots of
use with the drive to Boulder :-(

Shawn

Google