PDA

View Full Version : Soaring Club in Naples FL?

Mike Schumann
September 13th 04, 03:07 AM
Does anyone know if there is a Soaring Club near Naples FL?

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

Ventus B
September 13th 04, 01:03 PM
"Mike Schumann" > wrote in message >...
> Does anyone know if there is a Soaring Club near Naples FL?
>
> Thanks,

Not sure about the Naples area, but there is the "Miami Glider Club"
that flies off a grass strip off of Krome Avenue just north of
Homestead.
There is also a commercial operation where you could buy a tow that
flies out of Homestead General.
I drive up from Key West to do my flying, so I expect your drive would
be no worse than mine.
Respectfully,

Joseph L. Hyde
September 13th 04, 02:04 PM
Someone bought an L-13 from one of our club members. I believe it was
heading to the Naples area for a start up commercial operation. I also
heard through the grapevine that it was destroyed by hurricane charley.
This is not confirmed.

Thke Care,

Joe

"Mike Schumann" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there is a Soaring Club near Naples FL?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mike Schumann

JR
September 13th 04, 08:42 PM
There is a glider at Immokalee airport. A lot of open fields around the
airport. Last time I checked rates were average.
John Naples, FL
"Mike Schumann" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there is a Soaring Club near Naples FL?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mike Schumann

Bill H.
September 13th 04, 09:03 PM
"Joseph L. Hyde" > wrote in message >...
> Someone bought an L-13 from one of our club members. I believe it was
> heading to the Naples area for a start up commercial operation. I also
> heard through the grapevine that it was destroyed by hurricane charley.
> This is not confirmed.
>
> Thke Care,
>
> Joe
>

> "Mike Schumann" > wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if there is a Soaring Club near Naples FL?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Mike Schumann
> >
> >I live in N. Fort Myers, the Immokalee airport has an L-13 and a
182 towplane, have not met or flown with anyone out there yet. I have
been flying my Discus with my buddy and his asw-24 out of Lenox flying
school, Gardner Fla., just north of Arcadia, however Hurricane Charlie
destroyed the towplane, a 2-22 and a I-26. Pat and Harriett, even
though their homes received substantial damage have vowed to locate
another towplane and return to flight status. I own a citabria with a
towhook and can use it when the weather i.e.
hurricanes- fade away and we can once again think about recreational
flying.
Come join us.

Mike Schumann
September 13th 04, 11:01 PM
Do you have any further info? Phone #, etc....

Thanks,
Mike Schumann

"JR" > wrote in message
. ..
> There is a glider at Immokalee airport. A lot of open fields around the
> airport. Last time I checked rates were average.
> John Naples, FL
> "Mike Schumann" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone know if there is a Soaring Club near Naples FL?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Mike Schumann

Google