franck jeamourra
September 16th 04, 05:50 AM
hello

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/662327/M/

franck

Paul Adriance
September 16th 04, 07:27 AM
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/219561/M/

Now THAT'S a picture worth linking, maybe that site has value after all.
Whoever thought a triple tow was crazy better think again! =)

Paul

"franck jeamourra" > wrote in message
> hello
>
> http://www.airliners.net/open.file/662327/M/
>
> franck

goneill
September 16th 04, 08:06 AM
That is an AN12 ,HUGE radial engine, very slow wing ,we have several here.
As for triple towing my club was doing those in the 60's and there are a
number
of photos in our archives of them ,I have many double tows,both for
launching and
crosscountry delivery, and the guys say triples are really not much
different, as long
as everyone knows their procedures.
We once did a summer camp and the two Pawnees had Triples and and even the
old Tiger Moth had a double on behind.(5000ft runway)
There are photos of the fleet in the air during that crosscountry flight.
Our rope systems are such that if the tug needs to dump the ropes all
separate from
each other.
gary
"Paul Adriance" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> http://www.airliners.net/open.file/219561/M/
>
> Now THAT'S a picture worth linking, maybe that site has value after all.
> Whoever thought a triple tow was crazy better think again! =)
>
> Paul
>

> "franck jeamourra" > wrote in message
>> hello
>>
>> http://www.airliners.net/open.file/662327/M/
>>
>> franck

Paul Adriance
September 16th 04, 06:21 PM
Hey Gary, glad to hear you guys have established safe procedures and have a
succesful multi-tow program. I'm looking forward to information on the
manufacturer of those double/triple tow ring sets for Tost releases.

Paul

"goneill" > wrote in message
> That is an AN12 ,HUGE radial engine, very slow wing ,we have several here.
> As for triple towing my club was doing those in the 60's and there are a
> number
> of photos in our archives of them ,I have many double tows,both for
> launching and
> crosscountry delivery, and the guys say triples are really not much
> different, as long
> as everyone knows their procedures.
> We once did a summer camp and the two Pawnees had Triples and and even the
> old Tiger Moth had a double on behind.(5000ft runway)
> There are photos of the fleet in the air during that crosscountry flight.
> Our rope systems are such that if the tug needs to dump the ropes all
> separate from
> each other.
> gary
> "Paul Adriance" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > http://www.airliners.net/open.file/219561/M/
> >
> > Now THAT'S a picture worth linking, maybe that site has value after all.
> > Whoever thought a triple tow was crazy better think again! =)
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > "franck jeamourra" > wrote in message
> >> hello
> >>
> >> http://www.airliners.net/open.file/662327/M/
> >>
> >> franck

VentusDriver
September 17th 04, 02:19 AM
That is 10 tense pilots

Burt Compton
September 17th 04, 04:38 AM
Four sailplane tow also accomplished in Marfa, west Texas - a few years ago -
as part of the transcontinental (Mexico to Canada) sailplane regatta. Have
the video.

Burt
Marfa Gliders, west Texas
www.flygliders.com

Jim Vincent
September 17th 04, 05:37 AM
>Four sailplane tow also accomplished in Marfa, west Texas - a few years ag

What happens if you have a rope break?

I presume you use four different rope lengths to stagger the aircraft. Do you
also stagger them vertically? Would much like to hear more.

Jim Vincent
N483SZ

Guy Byars
September 17th 04, 10:24 AM
> That is an AN12 ,HUGE radial engine, very slow wing ,we have several here.

Don't you mean an AN-2? An AN-12 is a 4 engine C-130 knockoff.

goneill
September 17th 04, 12:18 PM
Yes AN2 ,fat fingers :))))
"Guy Byars" > wrote in message

>> That is an AN12 ,HUGE radial engine, very slow wing ,we have several
>> here.
>
> Don't you mean an AN-2? An AN-12 is a 4 engine C-130 knockoff.

Google