PDA

View Full Version : Hope locals report New Castle....# 711.

TomnKeyLargo
September 20th 04, 06:30 PM
I didn't go to New Castle this year. I am hoping that one of the locals will
see this message and post some news for all of us. Thermal tight, Soar high,
Fly safe.# 711.

J.M. Farrington
September 20th 04, 08:52 PM
There was talk about postponing New Castle for a few days. This was when
Ivan was about to hit and I think they wanted to wait until the flooding
ebbed. Has to be a lot of flooded fields in the area

John

"TomnKeyLargo" > wrote in message
>I didn't go to New Castle this year. I am hoping that one of the locals
>will
> see this message and post some news for all of us. Thermal tight, Soar
> high,
> Fly safe.# 711.

J.M. Farrington
September 20th 04, 08:53 PM
also, thank you for your reports this summer.

John

"TomnKeyLargo" > wrote in message
>I didn't go to New Castle this year. I am hoping that one of the locals
>will
> see this message and post some news for all of us. Thermal tight, Soar
> high,
> Fly safe.# 711.

Guy Byars
September 21st 04, 04:07 AM
> I didn't go to New Castle this year. I am hoping that one of the locals
will
> see this message and post some news for all of us. ...

Good news everyone.

I have upgraded the US contest scoring program, Winscore, to automatically
connect and send scores and flight logs to an Internet server. What this
means is that seconds after the scorer clicks a "send scores" button in
Winscore, the scores will be available on the Web. There will be no delays
associated with emailing the scores to a SSA staff member and waiting for
them to post the scores to the web.

I have made arrangements with the scorer, Leo Buckley, at New Castle to use
this system for their contest this week. The latest results New Castle
(2004 Region 4 South) can be viewed from the Winscore homepage at:

http://www.gfbyars.com/winscore/results.shtml

The New Castle practice day (Sept./20) has already been posted using this
system. There are some other contests on that web page so you can get a
feel for how the system works. The Perry (Region 5 North) contest even has
flight logs in .zip format for a few of the contest days. In addition to
flight logs, those .zip files also contain contest and scoring data in .xml
format. The Winscore viewer program can open those .zip files directly and
display the logs, scoring, turnpoint and task information automatically.
Or you can use your favorite viewing program to view the .igc files
directly.

So, check the Winscore webpage this week for the latest scores from New
Castle. The first 2 scheduled contest days at New Castle were canceled, so
the first contest day is now set for Tue Sept 21.

Guy Byars

remove "NEYTSPAM" to reply.

John Sinclair
September 21st 04, 02:17 PM
You're all right, Guy. That page gives us timely info
at a click, we may very well get the scores before
the guys in the race. The racing community owes you
a whole lot. A great big Thanks.
JJ Sinclair

Google