PDA

View Full Version : SpaceShip One Launch 9/29/04, 6:45 am USA

Caracole
September 28th 04, 11:08 PM
For those who would like to fly to the nearest airport to watch the
launch, you can use California City Airport. Mojave Airport has a TFR
posted, which requires you to skirt west of Mojave to achieve Cal
City.

We have better viewing here, as the climb is overhead, the separation
and rocket burn are southeast of us, and the descent is south west of
us. Skip the $20 car parking fee, the mob scene, looking east into
the rising sun. You can mailorder for souvenirs, if you need them.

For more launch info, check our Urgent News button on our home page.
For an aerial photo of the construction at Cal City, check the L71
Construction button, and scroll down.

We will be soaring here later in the day, normal services.

For those who want the results from the soaring contest with best US
weather for the summer, the Region 12 race story is posted also.

Cindy B
www.caracolesoaring.com

Google