PDA

View Full Version : Frankfort area in October

For Example John Smith
September 29th 04, 08:49 PM
I'll likely be in the the Frankfort area (Bensheim) mid-late October. Is
there any soaring to be done there at that time of year? Thanks in advance.

Stefan
September 29th 04, 09:23 PM
For Example John Smith wrote:

> I'll likely be in the the Frankfort area (Bensheim) mid-late October. Is
> there any soaring to be done there at that time of year? Thanks in advance.

http://www.soaring.de/karte/d_karte.html
will guide you to the clubs of Germany. Don't expect any thermals at
that time of the year, though.

Stefan

Bob
September 30th 04, 06:41 AM
Stefan > wrote in message >
> > I'll likely be in the the Frankfort area (Bensheim) mid-late October. Is
> > there any soaring to be done there at that time of year? Thanks in advance.
> Stefan

Stefan

That time of year most glider clubs in Germany are operating on the
weekend in nice weather. The thermals are much more elusive at this
time of year. If you need more info let me know and I'll check with
some soaring contacts in the area.

Bob

And if you have time you can drive/fly to the Alps for some good
flying.

Bert Willing
September 30th 04, 08:11 AM
Well, even in the Alps, thermals are rare beasts at this time of the year...
but then, you might hit wave.

--
Bert Willing

ASW20 "TW"

"Bob" > a écrit dans le message de news:
> Stefan > wrote in message >
>> > I'll likely be in the the Frankfort area (Bensheim) mid-late October.
>> > Is
>> > there any soaring to be done there at that time of year? Thanks in
>> > advance.
>> Stefan
>
> Stefan
>
> That time of year most glider clubs in Germany are operating on the
> weekend in nice weather. The thermals are much more elusive at this
> time of year. If you need more info let me know and I'll check with
> some soaring contacts in the area.
>
> Bob
>
> And if you have time you can drive/fly to the Alps for some good
> flying.

Bob
October 1st 04, 06:56 AM
Bert

We are going to Zell am See this weekend (3 hour drive) and they
should have themals if it is sunny. Also they may have wave. Here's to
hoping!.

Bob

"Bert Willing" > wrote in message >...
> Well, even in the Alps, thermals are rare beasts at this time of the year...
> but then, you might hit wave.
>
> --
> Bert Willing
>
> ASW20 "TW"

> >> Stefan
> >
> > Stefan
> >
> > That time of year most glider clubs in Germany are operating on the
> > weekend in nice weather. The thermals are much more elusive at this
> > time of year. If you need more info let me know and I'll check with
> > some soaring contacts in the area.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > And if you have time you can drive/fly to the Alps for some good
> > flying.

Google