PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry about 2nd hand value borgelt B100 and capabilities

goneill
October 2nd 04, 10:02 PM
I am considering a B100 for my glider and as in the header I
am trying to get an idea of it's value.
I looked on the Borgelt site and he has not got a manual listed
so I can get a better idea of it's capabilities
Any comments from user's.
gary

John Sinclair
October 3rd 04, 01:05 AM
Same software as the SN-10, but Dave has gone much
farther with Ilec instead of Borgelt driving the vario
side of things (hardware). The B-100 gives you distance,
altitude required and time to fly around any combination
of turn points, all modulated around MacCready setting,
wing loading, bugs, and wind. The B-100 wind sucks,
but can be manually entered from what your model 20
GPS gives and of course, your observations. I really
like the *options* page that tracks all the possible
landing spots as you fly along and gives the altitude
you will arrive there with. Just what you want to know.
There must be 20 pages in the set-up mode and about
8 in the flight mode with good things like mark position
and all the averages you ever want or could use. IThe
vario can be set up to show relative neto, on the needle
and speed to fly on the vertical bar. Advertise here
on ras and I bet you will get one between $750 and
$1000. We all paid about $3200 for them a few years
back. Oh, another good thing, you can build your own
site data base with 500 data points which will give
you 8 or 10 soaring sites, as long as the organizers
don't go crazy making up turn points. One bad point
is they must all be loaded manually, but I don't mind
as it gives me a real feel for a new site as I load
and plot everything. Oh, one more tid-bit. You can
show Velocity (Ground Speed) on your model 20 (up one,
I think) AND True Airspeed on your B-100 (in set-up
mode) and I really like to watch the difference on
final glides (keeps me from getting tooooo nervous,
the difference being the wind)
Hey, got 5 hours in the Genesis at Minden yesterday.
Basalt-Hawthorne-Truckee for 275 @ 58.8 (the B-100
gives you those stats) in 5 hours, not bad for a kiddy
glider on 1 October, what?
JJ

At 21:24 02 October 2004, Goneill wrote:
>I am considering a B100 for my glider and as in the
>header I
>am trying to get an idea of it's value.
>I looked on the Borgelt site and he has not got a manual
>listed
>so I can get a better idea of it's capabilities
>Any comments from user's.
>gary

Mal
October 3rd 04, 02:43 AM
email Mike Borgelt off his site!

"John Sinclair" > wrote in message
> Same software as the SN-10, but Dave has gone much
> farther with Ilec instead of Borgelt driving the vario
> side of things (hardware). The B-100 gives you distance,
> altitude required and time to fly around any combination
> of turn points, all modulated around MacCready setting,
> wing loading, bugs, and wind. The B-100 wind sucks,
> but can be manually entered from what your model 20
> GPS gives and of course, your observations. I really
> like the *options* page that tracks all the possible
> landing spots as you fly along and gives the altitude
> you will arrive there with. Just what you want to know.
> There must be 20 pages in the set-up mode and about
> 8 in the flight mode with good things like mark position
> and all the averages you ever want or could use. IThe
> vario can be set up to show relative neto, on the needle
> and speed to fly on the vertical bar. Advertise here
> on ras and I bet you will get one between $750 and
> $1000. We all paid about $3200 for them a few years
> back. Oh, another good thing, you can build your own
> site data base with 500 data points which will give
> you 8 or 10 soaring sites, as long as the organizers
> don't go crazy making up turn points. One bad point
> is they must all be loaded manually, but I don't mind
> as it gives me a real feel for a new site as I load
> and plot everything. Oh, one more tid-bit. You can
> show Velocity (Ground Speed) on your model 20 (up one,
> I think) AND True Airspeed on your B-100 (in set-up
> mode) and I really like to watch the difference on
> final glides (keeps me from getting tooooo nervous,
> the difference being the wind)
> Hey, got 5 hours in the Genesis at Minden yesterday.
> Basalt-Hawthorne-Truckee for 275 @ 58.8 (the B-100
> gives you those stats) in 5 hours, not bad for a kiddy
> glider on 1 October, what?
> JJ
>
> At 21:24 02 October 2004, Goneill wrote:
>>I am considering a B100 for my glider and as in the
>>header I
>>am trying to get an idea of it's value.
>>I looked on the Borgelt site and he has not got a manual
>>listed
>>so I can get a better idea of it's capabilities
>>Any comments from user's.
>>gary

Dave Nadler YO
October 4th 04, 11:56 AM
Have a look at:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/dweston/ILEC/Support/B100Support.html
You'll find some info about capabilities and the manual.
Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave

"goneill" > wrote in message >...
> I am considering a B100 for my glider and as in the header I
> am trying to get an idea of it's value.
> I looked on the Borgelt site and he has not got a manual listed
> so I can get a better idea of it's capabilities
> Any comments from user's.
> gary

Google