PDA

View Full Version : Best Forward Visibility Aerobatic Plane?

Chuck R
August 9th 03, 07:29 PM
What is the best (forward visibility) two seater aerobatic plane?

Kevin Horton
August 9th 03, 09:48 PM
On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 12:29:31 -0700, Chuck R wrote:

> What is the best (forward visibility) two seater aerobatic plane?

You are going to have to ask a more specific question if you want to get a
useful answer.

Are you interested in visibility on the ground, in flight, both?

Which seat are you interested in? Pilot in command seat, or instructor's
seat? On some aircraft these are probably the same seat, but on others
they will be different seats.

How capable an aerobatic aircraft does it have to be?

I assume you want piston powered, so that throws out the various jet or
turbo-prop powered trainer warbirds.

What horsepower range are you interested in?

Type certificated, homebuilt or warbird?

For type certificated aircraft, the SF-260 looks like it might have good
visibility. For piston powered warbirds, the T-34 and various tricycle
gear Yaks/CJ-6s look like possiblities. For homebuilts, the RV-4 is nice.

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada

Adam Cope
August 15th 03, 01:30 PM
I'd say the Super Decathlon or Cap 10

Adam
--
Adam Cope
www.DCaerobatics.com

"Chuck R" > wrote in message
m...
> What is the best (forward visibility) two seater aerobatic plane?

Google