PDA

View Full Version : 2005 SSA Convention; SpaceShipOne is a Glider

Jim Skydell
November 11th 04, 04:45 AM
Mike Melvill, pilot of SpaceShipOne's first two flights into space will be the keynote
speaker at the SSA National Convention Awards Banquet, Saturday, Feb. 12, 2005 in
Ontario,CA. N328KF is registered as a glider.

Visit http://www.ssa.org and click on "The Convention" for a full schedule of
events, speaker topics, and convention details.

Paul Remde
November 11th 04, 05:31 AM
Awesome!!!!!

Way to go Jim!!!!!

Thank you,

Paul Remde

"Jim Skydell" > wrote in message
> Mike Melvill, pilot of SpaceShipOne's first two flights into space will be
the keynote
> speaker at the SSA National Convention Awards Banquet, Saturday, Feb. 12,
2005 in
> Ontario,CA. N328KF is registered as a glider.
>
> Visit http://www.ssa.org and click on "The Convention" for a full schedule
of
> events, speaker topics, and convention details.

Mike Stringfellow
November 11th 04, 06:37 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, Mike Melvill flew gliders in his
native South Africa before he emigrated to the USA.

F.L. Whiteley
November 11th 04, 07:01 PM
"Mike Stringfellow" > wrote in message
om...
> If my memory serves me correctly, Mike Melvill flew gliders in his
> native South Africa before he emigrated to the USA.

Both Melvill and Binnie have glider ratings.

Not quite sure what launch endorsement is needed for SSO though.

Google