PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a G meter to sell?

ken ward
November 14th 04, 03:12 AM
I'm looking for a G meter. Not for aerobatics, but for payout winch
launch loads.

Ken
San Jose, CA

Denis
November 15th 04, 01:40 AM
ken ward wrote:
> I'm looking for a G meter. Not for aerobatics, but for payout winch
> launch loads.

I'm afraid an accelerometer be not able to measure launch loads... if th
winch is pulling 5 g's down and the wings 6 g's up, it will read only 1 g...

--
Denis

R. Parce que ça rompt le cours normal de la conversation !!!
Q. Pourquoi ne faut-il pas répondre au-dessus de la question ?

Diederik
November 15th 04, 09:09 AM
the loads during winchlaunch are relatively small (1 to 1.5 G max) and
vary in direction (forward during acceleration and almost down during
the top of the launch. So if you want to know the forces involveld put
a strain gage on the weaklink. A friend of mine has done these type of
measurements.

Results were: 1 g (forward) during acceleration, then a large drop to
+/- 0.5g and then a growth to roughly 1 g at the top of the launch.

Hope it helps, but it still doesn't help you finding a g-meter :-)

Diederik
Denis > wrote in message >...
> ken ward wrote:
> > I'm looking for a G meter. Not for aerobatics, but for payout winch
> > launch loads.
>
> I'm afraid an accelerometer be not able to measure launch loads... if th
> winch is pulling 5 g's down and the wings 6 g's up, it will read only 1 g...

John Shelton
November 15th 04, 09:09 PM
I have one.

"ken ward" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a G meter. Not for aerobatics, but for payout winch
> launch loads.
>
> Ken
> San Jose, CA

Google