PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Spratt's Book

Ray Lovinggood
January 15th 05, 12:28 PM
Charlie Spratt has written a book and it is for sale
at the National Soaring Musuem for US $15.95. The
title is 'See Ya at The Airport.'

Last night, Charlie was the guest of honor at our club's
Christmas Dinner (yea, I know Christmas 2004 has passed.
Our originally-scheduled restaurant had a fire in
the summer and wasn't repaired in time as they thought
they would. We didn't find another place before Christmas,
so we held it after Christmas.) He brought his book
and read a couple of his stories from his life and
times on the airport. Our club members and spouses
loved it. My wife, who could easily be described as
a hater of my passion for soaring and whom had never
attended a soaring function, was red with laughter.
Charlie's story-telling got to her as it did to the
dyed-in-the-wool dedicated glider junkies. Tears of
laughter filled every face in the room.

I've just ordered mine from http://www.soaringmuseum.org/
and as I said, the cost is US $15.95 plus a $7.00 shipping
fee.

He told us he's not a great salesman because he didn't
bring any books to sell. He said, 'they tell me to
take books with me and sell them, but that would mean
I would have to take the books with me, so I don't.

I believe Charlie said he will be at eight contests
this year. Maybe I'll have to visit New Castle for
a day during their contest and ask for his signature
in the book.

His book will soon join my small but growing library
of great books about the sport.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Google