PDA

View Full Version : Looking for photo's of ....

January 19th 05, 03:51 AM
Dick Butler at the 1983 worlds flying his (now mine) ASW22-N58DB.
Thanks

Al

John Seaborn
January 19th 05, 07:24 AM
The 1983 WGC article from Soaring will be the next one to go up on the
US Team Archive which includes one or two DB ASW-22 images. The team
archive includes original coverage of World Gliding Championships from
the pages of Soaring from 1950 to 1981 with the goal to have all the
historical WGC coverage on line.

http://www.ssa.org/UsTeam/ust_archive.htm

I was hooked on competitive soaring by reading these accounts and
thought that others should have the oppertunity. Please understand that
this has been a 4 year project to this point so it may be awhile.

John Seaborn

wrote:
> Dick Butler at the 1983 worlds flying his (now mine) ASW22-N58DB.
> Thanks
>
> Al

January 19th 05, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

I have heard a lot of people talking about my 22 when DB had it and how
I should see the photos of it at full slosh in the 83 worlds.
Look forward to reading the reprint John

Al

ttaylor at cc.usu.edu
January 19th 05, 03:34 PM
Al,

There may be a picture in the Soaring article "Water, Water
Everywhere", Wil Schuemann June 1984, page 20. Can't remember if it is
your ship or not. Mine are not indexed well to find it, but if no one
else has it let me know and I will dig through my boxes.

Tim

Google