PDA

View Full Version : Garmin iQue3600a

Ed Byars
January 22nd 05, 10:06 PM
I hope Paul Remde or somebody will give us an evaluation of the latest
Garmin whiz box for soaring application if any. Only asking $1099 (Gulp!).
What about it Paul?
Ed Byars

Paul Remde
January 22nd 05, 11:03 PM
Hi Ed and everyone,

It looks very interesting but there are some things to know. It is a Palm
device not a WinCE/Windows Mobile/Pocket PC device so it can't run Glide
Navigator II or WinPilot but could run Soaring Pilot.

The aviation maps look very nice. It appears targeted at power pilot of
course so it won't offer final glide data.

I don't have any plans to buy one at this time. You can see details here:
http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3600a/

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Ed Byars" > wrote in message
.. .
>I hope Paul Remde or somebody will give us an evaluation of the latest
> Garmin whiz box for soaring application if any. Only asking $1099 (Gulp!).
> What about it Paul?
> Ed Byars

iPilot
January 23rd 05, 10:10 AM
However, one can possibly use freeware application Soaringpilot
http://www.soaringpilot.com/

I'm not familiar with that one, but it seems to be compatible wih iQue.
However for such a cost it seems to be clear overkill.

"Paul Remde" > wrote in message
> Hi Ed and everyone,
>
> It looks very interesting but there are some things to know. It is a Palm
> device not a WinCE/Windows Mobile/Pocket PC device so it can't run Glide
> Navigator II or WinPilot but could run Soaring Pilot.
>
> The aviation maps look very nice. It appears targeted at power pilot of
> course so it won't offer final glide data.
>
> I don't have any plans to buy one at this time. You can see details here:
> http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3600a/
>
> Good Soaring,
>
> Paul Remde
> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
> http://www.cumulus-soaring.com
>
> "Ed Byars" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>I hope Paul Remde or somebody will give us an evaluation of the latest
>> Garmin whiz box for soaring application if any. Only asking $1099
>> (Gulp!).
>> What about it Paul?
>> Ed Byars

iPilot
January 24th 05, 09:15 AM
It can be mistakenly read out that "Soaringpilot" it expencive application.
It's free. I think that iQue is too costly.

Sorry for misleading write.

"iPilot" > wrote in message
> However, one can possibly use freeware application Soaringpilot
> http://www.soaringpilot.com/
>
> I'm not familiar with that one, but it seems to be compatible wih iQue.
> However for such a cost it seems to be clear overkill.
>

> "Paul Remde" > wrote in message
>> Hi Ed and everyone,
>>
>> It looks very interesting but there are some things to know. It is a
>> Palm device not a WinCE/Windows Mobile/Pocket PC device so it can't run
>> Glide Navigator II or WinPilot but could run Soaring Pilot.
>>
>> The aviation maps look very nice. It appears targeted at power pilot of
>> course so it won't offer final glide data.
>>
>> I don't have any plans to buy one at this time. You can see details
>> here:
>> http://www.garmin.com/products/iQue3600a/
>>
>> Good Soaring,
>>
>> Paul Remde
>> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
>> http://www.cumulus-soaring.com
>>
>> "Ed Byars" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>>I hope Paul Remde or somebody will give us an evaluation of the latest
>>> Garmin whiz box for soaring application if any. Only asking $1099
>>> (Gulp!).
>>> What about it Paul?
>>> Ed Byars

Google