PDA

View Full Version : Re: Chuck Yeagers sailplane

Wayne Paul
January 23rd 05, 01:59 PM
The following was posted on rec.aviation.homebuilt

Wayne

"Cy Galley" > wrote in message
> Rhoenlerche II year of construction 1955.
> Factory serial number 84. Built with Schleicher.
> First owner German-American sail flight club Traben Trarbach (DASC).
> Baptized of the Mrs. von Charles Yeager as the first and at the time only
> airplane of the club. Charles (Chuck) Yeager was an initial member of the
> club and last year with its attendance to the anniversary was largely
> celebrated. It flew this airplane 1955.
> The airplane is at present in the complete overhaul. This cannot be
brought
> to financial reasons from me time and to end. Already much was invested.
> After removing the covering the trunk was radiated and again painted. All
> steering ropes and pulleys are new. The trunk is nearly finished for
> covering, only the formleisten from wood and the nose skin must be still
> inserted.
>
> The tail units are already again covered (with Poly fiber)
>
> The surfaces were repaired with the LTB crane (no break) and are finished
> the Bepannen.
>
> It is thus still everything open and can be examined.
>
> All work was accomplished under supervision of a workshop manager and a
> building examiner and was documented.
>
> All instruments and a radio (FSG 15) are present.
>
> The airplane was flown up to the complete overhaul and had a valid annual
> check. The airplane is still certified (D-6033).Alle of papers and log
book
> available.
>
> All necessary covering materials are available, also lacquer (knows). New
> belts. Clutches are outdated.
> Open trailer (for Ka 4 and Ka 8) with Tuev belongs to.
>
> The picture presents the condition and during the complete overhaul!
> The airplane is not for the moment airworthy those remainder work must
under
> supervision of a workshop manager and a building examiner be accomplished.
> Collection on Trailer possible.
>
> Overseas Customers Welcome! I CAN help arrange the shipping. For
information
> contact ME!
>
> "Ric" > wrote in message
> u...
> >
> > "Henning DE" > wrote in message
> > > Hello !
> > >
> > > Watch this ad on ebay : 4521925927
> > >
> > > Henning DE
> >
> > Any one care to translate!! Bitter?
> >
> > Ric

Georg Holderied
January 26th 05, 10:07 AM
Wayne Paul wrote:

> The following was posted on rec.aviation.homebuilt
>
> Wayne
>
> "Cy Galley" > wrote in message
>> Rhoenlerche II year of construction 1955.
>> Factory serial number 84. Built with Schleicher.
>> First owner German-American sail flight club Traben Trarbach (DASC).
>> Baptized of the Mrs. von Charles Yeager as the first and at the time only
>> airplane of the club. Charles (Chuck) Yeager was an initial member of the
>> club and last year with its attendance to the anniversary was largely
>> celebrated. It flew this airplane 1955.

This is actually he airplane he made his first supersonic flight with.

:-)

George

iPilot
January 27th 05, 08:16 AM
Gee! I was sure that there's somebody, who just can't resist and says that
:-)

"Georg Holderied" > wrote in message
> Wayne Paul wrote:
>
>> The following was posted on rec.aviation.homebuilt
>>
>> Wayne
>>
>> "Cy Galley" > wrote in message
>>> Rhoenlerche II year of construction 1955.
>>> Factory serial number 84. Built with Schleicher.
>>> First owner German-American sail flight club Traben Trarbach (DASC).
>>> Baptized of the Mrs. von Charles Yeager as the first and at the time
>>> only
>>> airplane of the club. Charles (Chuck) Yeager was an initial member of
>>> the
>>> club and last year with its attendance to the anniversary was largely
>>> celebrated. It flew this airplane 1955.
>

> This is actually he airplane he made his first supersonic flight with.
>
> :-)
>
> George

Stewart Kissel
January 27th 05, 03:09 PM
My favorite Yeager quote...

'The first time I saw a jet, I shot it down'

Google