PDA

View Full Version : Minden Wave in February??

Gary Emerson
January 27th 05, 03:01 AM
I'm sure I'd get a sales pitch if I call Minden, and I don't necessarily
hold that against them, but is February a likely month for Diamond
altitude at Minden?

Thanks,

Gary

Michael Baldwin
January 27th 05, 04:04 AM
Gary,
I have never been to Minden in Feb but I went there in mid March last
year and did my diamond height in wave. Enjoyed it all so much I am going
back again this March! Hope that is of help.
Mike.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 03:01:13
+0000, Gary Emerson wrote:

> I'm sure I'd get a sales pitch if I call Minden, and I don't necessarily
> hold that against them, but is February a likely month for Diamond
> altitude at Minden?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

F.L. Whiteley
January 27th 05, 04:28 AM
I'll second March. Got my DA there March '84.

Had a chamber ride?

Frank Whiteley

"Michael Baldwin" > wrote in message
> Gary,
> I have never been to Minden in Feb but I went there in mid March last
> year and did my diamond height in wave. Enjoyed it all so much I am going
> back again this March! Hope that is of help.
> Mike.
>

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 03:01:13
> +0000, Gary Emerson wrote:
>
> > I'm sure I'd get a sales pitch if I call Minden, and I don't necessarily
> > hold that against them, but is February a likely month for Diamond
> > altitude at Minden?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Gary

January 27th 05, 05:16 AM
yes........

As is every month at Minden, we get wave all year.
Feb. is prime as is early March.

Al

Nyal Williams
January 27th 05, 03:46 PM
At 06:00 27 January 2005, wrote:
>yes........
>
>As is every month at Minden, we get wave all year.
>Feb. is prime as is early March.
>

>Al

But it's not dependable. I went two years in March,
stayed a week each time, and the wind didn't blow.
On the second trip they were flying hot air balloons
the day I got there; I missed it by one day!

F.L. Whiteley
January 27th 05, 05:45 PM
"Nyal Williams" > wrote in message
> At 06:00 27 January 2005, wrote:
> >yes........
> >
> >As is every month at Minden, we get wave all year.
> >Feb. is prime as is early March.
> >

> >Al
>

> But it's not dependable. I went two years in March,
> stayed a week each time, and the wind didn't blow.
> On the second trip they were flying hot air balloons
> the day I got there; I missed it by one day!

Wave is where you find it of course. Look at what Steve Fossett's been
chasing. There are no assurances.

Frank

Eric Greenwell
January 27th 05, 06:39 PM
F.L. Whiteley wrote:

> Wave is where you find it of course. Look at what Steve Fossett's been
> chasing. There are no assurances.

And you can find great wave there: remember Kempton Izuno's 1000+ mile
flight in March last year, from Minden. Ok, so maybe in February, you
can only go 600+ miles?

Good enough for me! I'll be there towards the end of Feb, and maybe we
can talk Kemp into coming out, too, and giving us some weather forecasts.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Bob Korves
January 28th 05, 01:22 AM
If Kemp is there, you don't need a forecast!
-Bob

"Eric Greenwell" > wrote in message
> F.L. Whiteley wrote:
>

> > Wave is where you find it of course. Look at what Steve Fossett's been
> > chasing. There are no assurances.
>
> And you can find great wave there: remember Kempton Izuno's 1000+ mile
> flight in March last year, from Minden. Ok, so maybe in February, you
> can only go 600+ miles?
>
> Good enough for me! I'll be there towards the end of Feb, and maybe we
> can talk Kemp into coming out, too, and giving us some weather forecasts.
>

> --
> Change "netto" to "net" to email me directly
>
> Eric Greenwell
> Washington State
> USA

CO2ID
January 28th 05, 02:44 AM
I've lived here for 4 years now and have seen wave at some time every month.
Obviously as one gets close to Spring months the odds increase. Follow the
weather patterns - set up your "favorites" to include Minden, Carson,
Sacremento weather channels, not to leave out Duats.

I saw wave cluds today but coupled with mucho moisture.

Google