PDA

View Full Version : Latest Pipistrel Newsletters and KIT MANUAL

NewsGroups
February 3rd 05, 08:33 AM
Just a quick email, i have been forgetting to keep the soaring list
updated on our activities recently.

We have sent two new newsletters regarding the Pipistrel range of
aircraft recently.

Newsletter 24 is the flight for sight, an annual event flying around QLD
which this year raised over $100,000 for the Royal Blind Foundation.
Three Pipistrel aircraft took part and you can read about it at
http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newsletters/newsletter-24/newsletter-24.html

Newsletter 25 is a short newsletter with some nice pictures on the
Taurus aircraft, the first customer deliveries are on target for March
and its an exciting new plane which is either self launch or towable, it
has created a lot of interest in Australia. There is also some
information on the Sinus TUNDRA.... why would you do it - i keep asking
?? and some new wing testing taking the Sinus wing to over 10 g's !!
http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newsletters/newsletter-25/newsletter-25.html

And finally we have just uploaded the build manual for the Sinus and
Virus kits..... at 11.5 mb its a big download but if your thinking of
either a 200 hour or 400 hour kit you can at least see what's ahead of
you in detail.
http://www.mcp.com.au/pipistrel-usa/kit-aircraft/Pipistrel%20Kit%20Manual.pdf

Take care.

Michael Coates

Waduino
February 3rd 05, 03:19 PM
Interesting. The Taurus looks like a very innovative product.
I usually double the aspect ratio and find that the max L:D is below that.
In the case of the Taurus the aspect ratio is 18 but the max L:D is 41. Is
there something else in the design that accounts for this?
Thanks.
Wad.

"NewsGroups" > wrote in message
> Just a quick email, i have been forgetting to keep the soaring list
> updated on our activities recently.
>
> We have sent two new newsletters regarding the Pipistrel range of aircraft
> recently.
>
> Newsletter 24 is the flight for sight, an annual event flying around QLD
> which this year raised over $100,000 for the Royal Blind Foundation. Three
> Pipistrel aircraft took part and you can read about it at
> http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newsletters/newsletter-24/newsletter-24.html
>
> Newsletter 25 is a short newsletter with some nice pictures on the Taurus
> aircraft, the first customer deliveries are on target for March and its an
> exciting new plane which is either self launch or towable, it has created
> a lot of interest in Australia. There is also some information on the
> Sinus TUNDRA.... why would you do it - i keep asking ?? and some new wing
> testing taking the Sinus wing to over 10 g's !!
> http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newsletters/newsletter-25/newsletter-25.html
>
> And finally we have just uploaded the build manual for the Sinus and Virus
> kits..... at 11.5 mb its a big download but if your thinking of either a
> 200 hour or 400 hour kit you can at least see what's ahead of you in
> detail.
> http://www.mcp.com.au/pipistrel-usa/kit-aircraft/Pipistrel%20Kit%20Manual.pdf
>
> Take care.
>
> Michael Coates

NewsGroups
February 3rd 05, 07:50 PM
The wide body is also designed to create lift, dont know how it works
but it does.....

Thanks

Waduino wrote:
> Interesting. The Taurus looks like a very innovative product.
> I usually double the aspect ratio and find that the max L:D is below that.
> In the case of the Taurus the aspect ratio is 18 but the max L:D is 41. Is
> there something else in the design that accounts for this?
> Thanks.
> Wad.
>
> "NewsGroups" > wrote in message
>
>>Just a quick email, i have been forgetting to keep the soaring list
>>updated on our activities recently.
>>
>>We have sent two new newsletters regarding the Pipistrel range of aircraft
>>recently.
>>
>>Newsletter 24 is the flight for sight, an annual event flying around QLD
>>which this year raised over $100,000 for the Royal Blind Foundation. Three
>>Pipistrel aircraft took part and you can read about it at
>>http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newsletters/newsletter-24/newsletter-24.html
>>
>>Newsletter 25 is a short newsletter with some nice pictures on the Taurus
>>aircraft, the first customer deliveries are on target for March and its an
>>exciting new plane which is either self launch or towable, it has created
>>a lot of interest in Australia. There is also some information on the
>>Sinus TUNDRA.... why would you do it - i keep asking ?? and some new wing
>>testing taking the Sinus wing to over 10 g's !!
>>http://www.mcp.com.au/sinus/newsletters/newsletter-25/newsletter-25.html
>>
>>And finally we have just uploaded the build manual for the Sinus and Virus
>>kits..... at 11.5 mb its a big download but if your thinking of either a
>>200 hour or 400 hour kit you can at least see what's ahead of you in
>>detail.
>>http://www.mcp.com.au/pipistrel-usa/kit-aircraft/Pipistrel%20Kit%20Manual.pdf
>>
>>Take care.
>>
>>Michael Coates