PDA

View Full Version : Are there any pilots on Washington's Olympic Peninsula?

Joe Lacour
February 3rd 05, 06:22 PM
Later this year we are planning a move to the Olympic
Peninsula in WA.
Are there any sailplane pilots in the area?

February 3rd 05, 06:49 PM
Most of the flying in Washington takes place in Ephrata, Wenatchee,
Spokane area, there is some flying in Richland and there are some
clubs near Seattle; Enumclaw and Arlington. I am not aware of any clubs
on the Olympic Peninsula.

jphoenix
February 3rd 05, 07:07 PM
Steve Hill flies his DG-400 from his front yard (grass strip) in Bonney
Lake just east of Tacoma. I live in Bonney Lake as well, but usually
trailer the Nimbus over to Ephrata for the summer. If you're
motorgliding, there's plenty of soaring to be had on this side of the
Cascades - Steve has had some great flights over here!

Jim Phoenix

Mark James Boyd
February 3rd 05, 07:23 PM
Isn't there somewhere ENE of Seattle with a winch, too?
Are they open yet for the season?

In article . com>,

--

------------+
Mark J. Boyd

February 3rd 05, 11:37 PM
Yeah, there was an operator in Cle Elum with old winch, but I don't
know if he is still in business...he bought glider rides operation in
Jean, NV near Las Vegas. He was operating in Cle Elum I believe from
like late May until October but I might be wrong.

Eric Greenwell
February 4th 05, 04:59 AM
Joe Lacour wrote:
> Later this year we are planning a move to the Olympic
> Peninsula in WA.
> Are there any sailplane pilots in the area?

That's quite large area with greatly varying weather conditions. Have
you picked a town?

There are no sailplanes operating there, so it's bring your own
motorglider, or start a club. It's an area that hasn't been explored.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Google