PDA

View Full Version : glassholes

pw5isthebest
February 4th 05, 09:50 PM
In a few different threads now I have read disparaging remarks towards
those people who choose to fly gliders with less than a 40:1 glide
ratio.

There are a few glassholes on this group who put down anyone who
can't afford or doesn't want to fly an LS-4. ASW-27, Ventus etc...

Mention a Russia, Apis or PW-5 and the insults start immediently.
I can't believe all the negative posts I've read in the last couple
of weeks about the Diana. It looks great!

I got news for you guys. You had better start embracing people
who fly less than your perfect example of a sailplane if you want
someone to buy your used ship in the future.

I had a high performance (open class) ship years ago and sold it.
Now I chose to go with a medium performance glider because I
enjoy the challenge. I set my own course, and at the end of the
day I can still smile as broadly.

I like Dennis Wrights idea of reaching out to the ultralight community.
They share many concerns, regulations and restrictions that we as
sailplane pilots do. Not just now, but in the future when things will
get
tighter for us, because of terrorist activity, or rise in fuel prices
or a
drop off in new members.

Technology in materials will undoubtedly create new light weight
gliders that will blur the lines between ultralights and sailplanes.
Young pilots just coming into the sport might just be able to afford
some of these "lower performance" machines.

If someday they want to move on to high performance racers, well
great. If not, at least they can have fun in what they've got. I guess
you guys don't understand, not everyone is interested in flying
contests.

Why do you rich snobs feel the need to put those of us down who are
perfectly happy flying our medium performance ships?

February 4th 05, 10:55 PM
Either the people who make the disparaging remarks never show up at the
airport or they take on a different personality when flying but so far
the soaring folks I have met have been nothing but polite and friendly.
E-mail and/or other electronic media has its dark side and lacks the
personal touch. You can't really tell if someone is joking or serious.
Don't take these post too serious!

pw5isthebest wrote:
> In a few different threads now I have read disparaging remarks
towards
> those people who choose to fly gliders with less than a 40:1 glide
> ratio.
>
> There are a few glassholes on this group who put down anyone who
> can't afford or doesn't want to fly an LS-4. ASW-27, Ventus etc...
>
> Mention a Russia, Apis or PW-5 and the insults start immediently.
> I can't believe all the negative posts I've read in the last couple
> of weeks about the Diana. It looks great!
>
> I got news for you guys. You had better start embracing people
> who fly less than your perfect example of a sailplane if you want
> someone to buy your used ship in the future.
>
> I had a high performance (open class) ship years ago and sold it.
> Now I chose to go with a medium performance glider because I
> enjoy the challenge. I set my own course, and at the end of the
> day I can still smile as broadly.
>
> I like Dennis Wrights idea of reaching out to the ultralight
community.
> They share many concerns, regulations and restrictions that we as
> sailplane pilots do. Not just now, but in the future when things will
> get
> tighter for us, because of terrorist activity, or rise in fuel prices
> or a
> drop off in new members.
>
> Technology in materials will undoubtedly create new light weight
> gliders that will blur the lines between ultralights and sailplanes.
> Young pilots just coming into the sport might just be able to afford
> some of these "lower performance" machines.
>
> If someday they want to move on to high performance racers, well
> great. If not, at least they can have fun in what they've got. I
guess
> you guys don't understand, not everyone is interested in flying
> contests.
>
> Why do you rich snobs feel the need to put those of us down who are
> perfectly happy flying our medium performance ships?

chipsoars
February 4th 05, 11:00 PM
The only thing that really matters is having the ability to Soar,
whether it is in a 1-26, PW-5 or an ASW 27B. Anything in the air beats
walking on the ground and wishing you were flying.

Chip F. and 27B driver

February 4th 05, 11:19 PM
Whether it is PW-5, Russia, 2-33 or whatever...it flies. And that is
great.
By the way...my club might have a Russia for sale for 15K if someone
has an interest.

Jack
February 4th 05, 11:20 PM
chipsoars wrote:
> The only thing that really matters is having the ability to Soar,
> whether it is in a 1-26, PW-5 or an ASW 27B. Anything in the air
beats
> walking on the ground and wishing you were flying.
>
> Chip F. and 27B driver

I just got a Pik-20B. The most helpful people in our club have been, in
order, a Russia pilot, an ASW27B pilot, a Discus 2 pilot, and a Ventus
2 pilot. I'm not sure where you're coming from with this one. We're
making plans to raid TSA together when Region 10 rolls around...

Jack Womack

Greybeard
February 5th 05, 12:43 AM
On 4 Feb 2005 14:55:33 -0800, wrote:

>Either the people who make the disparaging remarks never show up at the
>airport or they take on a different personality when flying but so far
>the soaring folks I have met have been nothing but polite and friendly.

Polite, friendly, and the disparaging remarks become disguised as
"friendly advice". "Fatherly advice" about what I will and won't
like, from someone that's twenty years my junior, and only knows me
from a few weekends at the field.

Nope, sorry. Been there, seen it. Asked myself if this is what I
want to be part of, then didn't let anything catch my tail as I left.

Not sorry either.

Greybeard

Otherwise known as

Lennie.

February 5th 05, 01:35 AM
I rate your troll a 3/10.

The the guy who pays $15K for a Libelle or Jantar or whatever is an
"elitist snob" or "rich glasshole" or whatever, while the guy who pays
$25K for a PW-5 with half the performance is... what?

I'd say he's a chump personally.

peter kovari
February 5th 05, 02:14 AM
There is one or a few (gl)assholes in any group. A fact of life!!
"pw5isthebest" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> In a few different threads now I have read disparaging remarks towards
> those people who choose to fly gliders with less than a 40:1 glide
> ratio.
>
> There are a few glassholes on this group who put down anyone who
> can't afford or doesn't want to fly an LS-4. ASW-27, Ventus etc...
>
> Mention a Russia, Apis or PW-5 and the insults start immediently.
> I can't believe all the negative posts I've read in the last couple
> of weeks about the Diana. It looks great!
>
> I got news for you guys. You had better start embracing people
> who fly less than your perfect example of a sailplane if you want
> someone to buy your used ship in the future.
>
> I had a high performance (open class) ship years ago and sold it.
> Now I chose to go with a medium performance glider because I
> enjoy the challenge. I set my own course, and at the end of the
> day I can still smile as broadly.
>
> I like Dennis Wrights idea of reaching out to the ultralight community.
> They share many concerns, regulations and restrictions that we as
> sailplane pilots do. Not just now, but in the future when things will
> get
> tighter for us, because of terrorist activity, or rise in fuel prices
> or a
> drop off in new members.
>
> Technology in materials will undoubtedly create new light weight
> gliders that will blur the lines between ultralights and sailplanes.
> Young pilots just coming into the sport might just be able to afford
> some of these "lower performance" machines.
>
> If someday they want to move on to high performance racers, well
> great. If not, at least they can have fun in what they've got. I guess
> you guys don't understand, not everyone is interested in flying
> contests.
>
> Why do you rich snobs feel the need to put those of us down who are
> perfectly happy flying our medium performance ships?

Jack
February 5th 05, 02:38 AM
I thought it was more of a rant than a troll... I just bought a Pik-20
and won't mention the price because it was VERY good. I did so against
the advise of some WELL-MEANING friends that happen to be in excellent
financial condition. I thanked them for their concern and advise, and
made my own decision. When they kid me about it, I'm just going to out
fly them and make up the difference with my sports-class handicap. Why
insult a bunch of people? I fly R/C sailplanes, too. I regularly beat
guys flying $2000- models with my $300- Houston Hawk... without a
handicap... other than being fat and blind... Vent your rath at the
person who ****ed in your oatmeal, rather than insult all the people
that have a better circumstance than you. I have to admit, though, that
I got a good laugh at the new classic soaring term "glasshole."

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Jack Womack

February 6th 05, 05:42 AM
pw5isthebest wrote:
> In a few different threads now I have read disparaging remarks
towards
> those people who choose to fly gliders with less than a 40:1 glide
> ratio.
>
> There are a few glassholes on this group who put down anyone who
> can't afford or doesn't want to fly an LS-4. ASW-27, Ventus etc...
>
> Mention a Russia, Apis or PW-5 and the insults start immediently.
> I can't believe all the negative posts I've read in the last couple
> of weeks about the Diana. It looks great!
>
> I got news for you guys. You had better start embracing people
> who fly less than your perfect example of a sailplane if you want
> someone to buy your used ship in the future.
>
> I had a high performance (open class) ship years ago and sold it.
> Now I chose to go with a medium performance glider because I
> enjoy the challenge. I set my own course, and at the end of the
> day I can still smile as broadly.
>
> I like Dennis Wrights idea of reaching out to the ultralight
community.
> They share many concerns, regulations and restrictions that we as
> sailplane pilots do. Not just now, but in the future when things will
> get
> tighter for us, because of terrorist activity, or rise in fuel prices
> or a
> drop off in new members.
>
> Technology in materials will undoubtedly create new light weight
> gliders that will blur the lines between ultralights and sailplanes.
> Young pilots just coming into the sport might just be able to afford
> some of these "lower performance" machines.
>
> If someday they want to move on to high performance racers, well
> great. If not, at least they can have fun in what they've got. I
guess
> you guys don't understand, not everyone is interested in flying
> contests.
>
> Why do you rich snobs feel the need to put those of us down who are
> perfectly happy flying our medium performance ships?

It always amazes me, but doesn't surprise me, that those who believe
that others are assholes don't realize that they, themselves, are
behaving as assholes.

nowhere
February 7th 05, 07:20 AM
"$15K for a Libelle or Jantar or whatever is an
"elitist snob" or "rich glasshole" or whatever, while the guy who pays
$25K for a PW-5 with half the performance"

Jesus Murphy! I'd better tell my friend with the Libele that his ship
has a 62:1 L/D!(twice that of a PW5) He'll be ecstatic! We've been
SERIOUSLY underestimating our gliders performance.

PW5 Flyer
February 7th 05, 04:01 PM
It was a definitely a rant, borne out of frustration at hearing
too many negative comments about my choice of sailplane.

But since I know this is not restricted to just where I fly, but
a fairly common occurrence around the country based on
talking to other pilots who share my choice of ship, I chose
to vent here, in a larger forum.

I spend a lot of time around airports and I don't see this kind of
attitude displayed among power pilots. Recently an acquaintance
with 70 grand to spend chose to buy himself a new Taylorcraft.

When he showed up at the field with his new plane all I heard was
positive comments. People complimented him on his nice plane.
No one said, Gee for the same money you could have bought a used
Mooney, Beechcraft, Cessna etc... which can go farther, faster, higher
etc.

He bought exactly the plane he wanted for the type of flying he
wanted to do.

But that's not the case at the gliderport!

It's not the guys with the first generation glass (Libelle, Cirrus, or
Jantars)
that are dishing the insults. It's the guys with the newer competitive
ships
who feel they have to question my intelligence, manhood or ability
because I chose a ship that wasn't to their liking or approval.

If you don't like my ship, I don't care. I didn't buy it for you. I
won't ever
trouble you with the opportunity to fly it. Just keep your comments to
yourself.

MC
February 7th 05, 05:41 PM
Im interested PW5 Flyer, what was your criteria for buying your sailplane.
Was it size, weight, ease of assembly, one class design format?

thanks,

Mike
"PW5 Flyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> It was a definitely a rant, borne out of frustration at hearing
> too many negative comments about my choice of sailplane.
>
> But since I know this is not restricted to just where I fly, but
> a fairly common occurrence around the country based on
> talking to other pilots who share my choice of ship, I chose
> to vent here, in a larger forum.
>
> I spend a lot of time around airports and I don't see this kind of
> attitude displayed among power pilots. Recently an acquaintance
> with 70 grand to spend chose to buy himself a new Taylorcraft.
>
> When he showed up at the field with his new plane all I heard was
> positive comments. People complimented him on his nice plane.
> No one said, Gee for the same money you could have bought a used
> Mooney, Beechcraft, Cessna etc... which can go farther, faster, higher
> etc.
>
> He bought exactly the plane he wanted for the type of flying he
> wanted to do.
>
> But that's not the case at the gliderport!
>
> It's not the guys with the first generation glass (Libelle, Cirrus, or
> Jantars)
> that are dishing the insults. It's the guys with the newer competitive
> ships
> who feel they have to question my intelligence, manhood or ability
> because I chose a ship that wasn't to their liking or approval.
>
> If you don't like my ship, I don't care. I didn't buy it for you. I
> won't ever
> trouble you with the opportunity to fly it. Just keep your comments to
> yourself.

PW5 Flyer
February 7th 05, 06:04 PM
MC wrote:
> Im interested PW5 Flyer, what was your criteria for buying your
sailplane.
> Was it size, weight, ease of assembly, one class design format?
>
> thanks,

A valid question, though I can't give you a list in
order of importance.

I do like the light wings and easy assembly, It goes together
easier than the Libelle I used to own. My old back can't handle
the heavy wings like I used to.

I like that it has a polyurethane finish instead of Gel coat,
which I hope will save me some money when it comes time to
refinish.

I like the way it looks, the cockpit fits me well.

I liked the price a lot when I bought it, it cost less than some
first Gen and even many later model ships.

But most importantly was when I had the opportunity to fly
one. It was the easiest, most responsive thermaling ship
I have ever flown. I really enjoyed the flight and have every
other one since.

Thanks for asking
PW5 Flyer

February 7th 05, 06:36 PM
PW5 Flyer wrote:
> It was a definitely a rant, borne out of frustration at hearing
> too many negative comments about my choice of sailplane.
>
> But since I know this is not restricted to just where I fly, but
> a fairly common occurrence around the country based on
> talking to other pilots who share my choice of ship, I chose
> to vent here, in a larger forum.
>
> I spend a lot of time around airports and I don't see this kind of
> attitude displayed among power pilots. Recently an acquaintance
> with 70 grand to spend chose to buy himself a new Taylorcraft.
>
> When he showed up at the field with his new plane all I heard was
> positive comments. People complimented him on his nice plane.
> No one said, Gee for the same money you could have bought a used
> Mooney, Beechcraft, Cessna etc... which can go farther, faster,
higher
> etc.
>
> He bought exactly the plane he wanted for the type of flying he
> wanted to do.
>
> But that's not the case at the gliderport!
>
> It's not the guys with the first generation glass (Libelle, Cirrus,
or
> Jantars)
> that are dishing the insults. It's the guys with the newer
competitive
> ships
> who feel they have to question my intelligence, manhood or ability
> because I chose a ship that wasn't to their liking or approval.
>
> If you don't like my ship, I don't care. I didn't buy it for you. I
> won't ever
> trouble you with the opportunity to fly it. Just keep your comments
> yourself.

I share your opinion. I used to own 1964 Cessna 182. When I bought it
nobody was making any negative comments. The same was with my little
7ECA Citabria. And the same with my S2A Pitts. Now, when I went to fly
it in a contest and flew against S2B and Sukhois and Extras nobody was
making any negative comments even though I was flying the least
competive airplane. In general power pilots fly whatever they like and
can afford and that is the bottom line. And those guys flying the
latest and greatest in our little soaring world need to keep the
negative comments to themselves.

For Example John Smith
February 7th 05, 06:51 PM
"pw5isthebest" > wrote in message
oups.com...
<snip>
> There are a few glassholes on this group who put down anyone who
<snip>

Mamma always used to say "consider the source".
'Nuff said.

Brent

MC
February 7th 05, 07:37 PM
Very nice!

Mike

"PW5 Flyer" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> MC wrote:
> > Im interested PW5 Flyer, what was your criteria for buying your
> sailplane.
> > Was it size, weight, ease of assembly, one class design format?
> >
> > thanks,
>
> A valid question, though I can't give you a list in
> order of importance.
>
> I do like the light wings and easy assembly, It goes together
> easier than the Libelle I used to own. My old back can't handle
> the heavy wings like I used to.
>
> I like that it has a polyurethane finish instead of Gel coat,
> which I hope will save me some money when it comes time to
> refinish.
>
> I like the way it looks, the cockpit fits me well.
>
> I liked the price a lot when I bought it, it cost less than some
> first Gen and even many later model ships.
>
> But most importantly was when I had the opportunity to fly
> one. It was the easiest, most responsive thermaling ship
> I have ever flown. I really enjoyed the flight and have every
> other one since.
>
> Thanks for asking
> PW5 Flyer

February 8th 05, 03:10 AM
With all the comments about how to increase soaring numbers, how about
being positive to anyone that flys any type of glider- they are
interested and excited about soaring. Would hate to visit a site and
have this kind of talking going on- would tend to turn me to something
else- power perhaps? A little bunny said,"if ya can't say something
nice, don't say nothin at all"- Forgive me Thumper.

Larry
MC wrote:
> Very nice!
>
> Mike
>
> "PW5 Flyer" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >
> > MC wrote:
> > > Im interested PW5 Flyer, what was your criteria for buying your
> > sailplane.
> > > Was it size, weight, ease of assembly, one class design format?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> >
> > A valid question, though I can't give you a list in
> > order of importance.
> >
> > I do like the light wings and easy assembly, It goes together
> > easier than the Libelle I used to own. My old back can't handle
> > the heavy wings like I used to.
> >
> > I like that it has a polyurethane finish instead of Gel coat,
> > which I hope will save me some money when it comes time to
> > refinish.
> >
> > I like the way it looks, the cockpit fits me well.
> >
> > I liked the price a lot when I bought it, it cost less than some
> > first Gen and even many later model ships.
> >
> > But most importantly was when I had the opportunity to fly
> > one. It was the easiest, most responsive thermaling ship
> > I have ever flown. I really enjoyed the flight and have every
> > other one since.
> >
> > Thanks for asking
> > PW5 Flyer

February 16th 05, 02:39 PM
wrote:
> You are so full of it.
>
> Anyway, if you are going to quit, then do it like a man, dammit,
> instead of hanging around and whining about it.
>
> What a waste of air...
>
> Kirk

One of the real problems with growing or maintaining our sport is
retention of people we have attracted and spent resources on to train.
When someone leaves, such as described above, we need to know why so it
does not get repeated. The club, or operator, or whatever that this
person felt rejected from needs to know they got it wrong.
I think he should not go quietly, but should let them know why he felt
excluded. It might be a misunderstanding and fixable.
UH

Bill Gribble
February 16th 05, 03:02 PM
writes
> I think he should not go quietly, but should let them know why he felt
>excluded. It might be a misunderstanding and fixable.

Unless it happens to be Lenny the Lurker we're talking about. He went
ages ago, he just won't go quiet, more's the pity. Kirk, the best bet is
to just keep your kill-list up to date with his various email addresses.
Rising to it is just wasting your own oxygen to give him exactly the
validation he seeks.

--
Bill Gribble
http://www.scapegoatsanon.demon.co.uk

Greybeard
February 16th 05, 04:15 PM
On 16 Feb 2005 06:39:51 -0800, wrote:

> It might be a misunderstanding and fixable.

Once someone has left, it's never fixable. When the door opens to let
them out, it's too late to do anything. Hindsight is always 20/20,
but always pretty useless if ignored. They _may_ return, but the
timer is ticking. You don't have two chances, blow the first one and
it's over for eternity.

Greybeard

Steve Hill
February 16th 05, 05:29 PM
I don't know we are still giving this thread the time of day.

The sport is NOT dying. There are some people that can sit and bitch about
it all they want, but in the end, the sport will always appeal to a certain
crowd. I'd say for myself, that as other soaring sports mature, people will
find their way to us and our beautiful sport. Yes, it costs some dollars to
play. But there are numerous sailplanes of varied price ranges and I
personally have never heard a negative comment made at any gliderport, about
the equipment guys show up with. I think that's all crap...on the few
occasions I've seen guys show up with old, ratty or out of date equipment,
it is generally accompanied by some nice older European gentleman who rigs
and leaves and puts some of the locals to shame and then politely goes about
his way...

We are going to attract new members, because we are going to try to...each
of us is aware that we need new blood and should try to make some level of
effort to involve a new person.

People who leave the sport are inevitable. But I'll say...they never loved
soaring the way I love soaring, or they could simply never fathom leaving.
I'm sorry they are offended because not everyone can afford it...but for
those of us fortunate enough to do so...we are blessed to be involved in the
greatest thing I've ever experienced. Anyone who leaves or quits can choose
to offer constructive commentary to help others...or choose to be
destructive...we all know and understand the difference and should take the
adverse comments with a grain of salt.

Steve.

Greybeard
February 16th 05, 08:13 PM
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:02:23 +0000, Bill Gribble
> wrote:

>Unless it happens to be Lenny the Lurker we're talking about.

I do believe I've signed my postings several times as:
Greybeard/Lennie
Which you seem incapable of even copying correctly.
But I've been using the Greybeard for almost six months, the time that
I signed on with supernews. Part of the benefit was being able to use
Agent and to set up an email addy that will only result in bounces,
kept my mailbox from becoming a spam box.

Not that it matters, three years and three months is not an age.

It matters less, my bill for sbcglobal went from $30 to $50 this
month, and there isn't another viable ISP available, Road Runner has
proven twice that they can't keep simple user names separated, they've
been trashed twice because I was getting someone elses email, as well
as my own, and vice versa.

Any returns that I might have looked for from the expense have
disappeared completely. $50 for usenet and the few emails I get is
more than a little extravagant, well into the range of idiocy.

Greybeard

Greybeard
February 16th 05, 08:29 PM
On 16 Feb 2005 10:45:51 -0800, "
> wrote:

>Steve, well said.
>
>Soaring probably demands more from a person than most pastimes - in
>time, money, sweat, study, frustration, patience, etc.

Wrong. It demands the same as any other HOBBY, but with almost no
manual skills. It is not in any position above even a game of winks.
When you've spent three or more hours painting one 3/4" high HO scale
figure, talk to me about patience. Of course, you would probably buy
them already painted, although you'd never have exactly what you
wanted, where I will. More money, I won't argue, but it's the only
way that soaring stands out.

Greybeard.

Steve Hill
February 16th 05, 09:07 PM
Greybeard/Lennie said..."Wrong. It demands the same as any other HOBBY, but
with almost no
manual skills. It is not in any position above even a game of winks.
When you've spent three or more hours painting one 3/4" high HO scale
figure, talk to me about patience. Of course, you would probably buy
them already painted, although you'd never have exactly what you
wanted, where I will. More money, I won't argue, but it's the only
way that soaring stands out.

Greybeard. "

Blah blah blah.....I could care less....just whine to yourself...like I
said...and it's good to hear you admit...You don't love it the way I do...so
just keep yapping it up, I for one could care less...I'll just concentrate
on the folks who ARE interested and toss your drivel where it belongs...As
an aside, anything that any person enjoys, is fine with me...just enjoy your
trains and be happy for gods sake and quit droaning on like a broken
record...we've read it...we get it...You don't like it....OK fine!! that and
two $2.99 buys you the Bic Mac Special at McDonalds...and to say there are
no manual skills required, indicates to me...you must never have been worth
a crap as a sailplane pilot or you'd never say such a dumb comment in the
first place.

I swear...I give up on this thread...it's like that accident...where you
know you shouldn't look, but you can't help it...

Steve.

Greybeard
February 17th 05, 01:31 AM
On 16 Feb 2005 21:07:24 GMT, Steve Hill
> wrote:

>..we've read it...we get it...

And nobody has bothered to look and see if any of what I've said in
fact is widespread. The reason is simple, it's easiest to look for an
external solution for an internal problem.

>.and to say there are
>no manual skills required, indicates to me...you must never have been worth
>a crap as a sailplane pilot or you'd never say such a dumb comment in the
>first place.

First ask me if I give a **** what I flew like. How well I flew makes
no difference now, it's relevant to nothing. Most are probably better
pilots than I was, but there are a lot of them that are not in the
same condition, I'm still living.

And if you'd quit trying to elevate soaring above any other hobby, and
admit that it's only another hobby, maybe you wouldn't drive people
out as fast as they come in. I have many interests, soarning was only
one, and not so great that I could justify sacrificing everything else
for. Those three years were pure stupidity. It's when I finally
realized that soaring WAS only another hobby, but one that was
preventing me from doing any of the others that I finally came to my
senses.

NOw if I could convince the one that keeps wanting me to come fly with
him, as a ballast weight in a 2-33, it would be alright. After three
years, one would think he'd get the idea that it isn't going to
happen.

Well, soaring pilot, maybe not.

Greybeard

ttaylor at cc.usu.edu
February 17th 05, 01:46 AM
Please quit replying. Let the thread die a nice death. It takes at
least two to keep this going.

Jack
February 17th 05, 02:04 AM
Some people just make a hobby out of bitching. The original whiner got
lost in the Lennie shuffle. Greybeard? Again, what's wrong with using
your NAME? It's so easy to sit behind a keyboard and pour out your sad
testimonial about how you were never accepted. WWAAAAAHHHH!!!!

I just want to know your name so if ever introduced to you I won't
stick out my hand. I'd just want to turn and walk off, so please, give
me that opportunity.

The truth is that if you look at any situation, you'll find both good
and bad. You can accentuate either, and make it your truth. I'm a Pik
driver. Think I'll find acceptance among the 27b croud? Probably not?
Am I going to cry about it? Probably not... I'm going to go out and
practice. I'm going out to win some sports class events. I'm going out
to be a better soaring pilot. I would encourage you to do that but
regardless of what you do, you'll not be happy because someone didn't
kiss your ass. As to your being ballast in any glider I'm in, I'd
rather have the lead. It's personality would probably be more to my
liking.

And MY NAME is...

Jack Womack

Greybeard
February 17th 05, 03:58 AM
On 16 Feb 2005 18:04:40 -0800, "Jack" > wrote:

>I just want to know your name so if ever introduced to you I won't
>stick out my hand. I'd just want to turn and walk off, so please, give
>me that opportunity.

My name is Richard, and the only chance you would ever have had of
being introduced to me would have been at the Beloit, Wisconsin
airport. That chance is gone and will never be available. I'd give
you my last name, but there are five in the state with the same first
and last name. You might make sure you get the right one.
(Hint: if they're at the airport, it ain't me.) You'll just have to
avoid everyone named Richard.

> I would encourage you to do that but
>regardless of what you do, you'll not be happy because someone didn't
>kiss your ass.

Nope, sorry, not the way it is. I rather think my best moment,
after being offered a "free ride" in the Lark was waiting until the
plane was off with a customer, nobody else on the field, then getting
in my truck and leaving. Right after that, I think refusing a flight
in the Grop 103SL. I was supposed to be paying for a flight in a
2-33, and that's what I wanted. (Last summer, never happened, even
though I was on the schedule a couple of days, and was there.)
Nothing is free, and I'm not going to be the one that's carrying debt.

If it's any consolation to you, March 9 will be the end of the billing
period for sbcglobal, and I called in the cancellation this afternoon.
With service becoming worse and worse, and the cost going up, I don't
see myself even looking for another ISP.

Greybeard

Graeme Cant
February 17th 05, 10:56 AM
wrote:
>>Anyway, if you are going to quit, then do it like a man, dammit,
>>instead of hanging around and whining about it.
>
> One of the real problems with growing or maintaining our sport is
> retention of people we have attracted and spent resources on to train.
> When someone leaves, such as described above, we need to know why so it
> does not get repeated. The club, or operator, or whatever that this
> person felt rejected from needs to know they got it wrong.
> I think he should not go quietly,...

Er...Not in this case. He not only didn't go quietly, he didn't stay
quietly and he didn't enter quietly. Greybeard / Lennie the Lurker /
nobody@nowhere / numerous other aliases not only told all of us at
length over many months why he had left, he also told us over almost as
long a period why he was going to leave and even earlier, he took as
long to tell us why he was thinking he might leave even though he hadn't
really started. Nearly every visit to the field was preceded by weeks
of email angst.

Google r.a.s. for those aliases and you'll see what I mean. Kirk spoke
for a lot of people.

> ..but should let them know why he felt
> excluded. It might be a misunderstanding and fixable.

It's a misunderstanding. They thought he was reasonable. It's not fixable.

GC

> UH

John Doe
February 17th 05, 07:42 PM
At 05:00 17 February 2005, Greybeard wrote:
>On 16 Feb 2005 18:04:40 -0800, 'Jack' wrote:
>
>>I just want to know your name so if ever introduced
>>to you I won't
>>stick out my hand. I'd just want to turn and walk off,
>>so please, give
>>me that opportunity.
>
>My name is Richard, and the only chance you would ever
>have had of
>being introduced to me would have been at the Beloit,
>Wisconsin
>airport. That chance is gone and will never be available.
> I'd give
>you my last name, but there are five in the state with
>the same first
>and last name. You might make sure you get the right
>one.
>(Hint: if they're at the airport, it ain't me.) You'll
>just have to
>avoid everyone named Richard.

*snip*

Quick google search and found the following info (thanks
to Duncan Idahoe):

'Greybeard / rabue / Richard B / Lennie the Lurker
is in reality (or what
passes for it at his house)

Richard A. Buege
236 Robert St.
Burlington, WI 53105-2255
tel. 262-763-2237

This is 100 percent dead nuts on target.

Easy to find. He claims to own a Schweizer 1-26 sailplane.
So a friend
went to a search engine that finds all registered owners
of aircraft
(FAA makes this public, has to), and started searching
all the aircraft
of that type, looking for Wisconsin addresses. I think
his is the third
or so hit for WI. Listed as Richard Buege, Burlington.
That's SE
Wisconsin, his known hangout. Checking phone books
for his name and
town, returns middle initial A which fits for rabue.
Burlington is close
to the nature center (Bong) where he lectures on pond
scum (no kiddin',
I wouldn't make this up) and flies model gliders. And
there was a very early post to a model glider group
which started as
follows, apparently before he got his Rude Bone installed:

>>From: Richard Buege >
>>Subject: Your ongoing discussion
>>Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 14:22:44 -0500

>>Good morning Gentlemen, and let me introduce myself.
>>Being 56 years old
>>and a 47 year model builder, I have been following
>>your discussion with
>>much interest. I am one of the Naturalist's volunteers
>>at Bong
>>recreation area, here in Wisconsin, and am in frequent
>>contact with the
>>FF bunch that flies there. I have not been flying anything
>>actively for
>>several years now, but still take the CO2 Pietenpol
>>for an outing
>>occasionally.

Note the techheadnet.com ISP, which rabue has used
in the past, along
with techheadnet2.com

More details. Must be about 58 now. Had a heart condition
(figures)
which kept him from getting a medical for powered flight
but took
gliding lessons.
Apparently scared himself ****less on his first solo
and hasn't gone
back.
Takes sour grapes attitude to gliding, gliders, and
glider pilots
(surprise).
Now he wants to cut up his airplane because he doesn't
like it. (Has 6
people leasing it from him). Daughter born with birth
defects, wife died
of Parkinson's. Hates all his nearby relatives, he
says because they're
German.
Said he was moving to way northern Wisconsin where
his Irish relatives
are much nicer. But hasn't moved yet. They probably
don't want to see
him either.
Spent two years in the Navy as an enlisted man, giving
officers
attitude--
or so he says. I think they would have dealt with him
quickly and
appropriately if he had the mouth he claims he had.
Doesn't like anybody
who is or was in the military. Union through and through.
Apparently UAW
but I don't know where, possibly American Motors which
was near there,
possibly another unknown supplier, possibly several.

This just in: possible former employer J.I. Case.
'I'm going to answer that with the example I'm most
familiar, UAW Local
180, of which I was a member for thirty years... Certainly,
we
have one of the best insurance coverages anywhere,
but it was not
a 'gimmee'. It was a cooperative effort between the
company and the
locals of the Case Council. '

More digging... UAW 180 represents workers at the J.I.
Case plant and
headquarters in Racine, Wisconsin. Right area again.'

Greybeard
February 17th 05, 08:59 PM
On 17 Feb 2005 19:42:04 GMT, John Doe
> wrote:

Big ****ing deal, asshole. I've never hid it, but I'm not low enough
to post personal information on others on the net, a level of
mindlessness that you seem to revel in. And yes, 30 years with
J.I.Case co., and probably took my retirement and left at the right
time, as it seems that the new owner, new holland, an off shore firm
with no mind and or consience is about to finish off, after 150 years
of an honorable tradition. So much for scumbags across the pond, none
of them are to be trusted for anything now or ever.

By the way, asshole, I don't fly model gliders anymore, or any flying
model, that went in the ******** where it belongs. You won't find me
listed as the glider owner, because it's been three years since I took
my loss and got rid of the goddam thing. Torching it probably would
have been better, nobody would have to look at after someone with a
CFI rating stuck a tip wheel through the wing.

Some dozen or so flights in 1-26, which means your reading and
reasoning power are the same, somewhere below zero, e6b, both old and
new, sent to scrap aluminum with pop cans, most books burned, few sent
back to person that gave them to me, plotter broken and used for shim
stock. Log book destroyed, I don't ****ing want to know, second
phone line added, soaring people do not have unlisted number, and I
don't answer the other. All photos taken at field destroyed or
erased from disks. Delcom radio destroyed, NiCads used in portable
power pack for Yamaha DGX-500 keyboard. Yaesu, abandoned at field,
don't know or care.

RC model WIP, in attic, will never be finished, engine siezed, too
bad. RC radio, in attic, has been for three years, NIB, RIP. Nicads
will leak someday, and I'm going to let them. Aircraft only channel,
useless.

March 9 will be the last time any of the soaring people will be able
to contact me, even by email. I will lose nothing. There was never
anything there to lose. Cutoff will be complete from the aviation
people, and I will suffer no loss.

PW5 Flyer
February 17th 05, 09:05 PM
>John Doe wrote:

What a cheap shot. If you don't like Lennies
posts you can always ignore them.

You must be real proud of yourself for
digging up his information, especially
the part about his wife and daughter.

How low can you be?

You could have stopped at just giving his
real name without all the other details.

Especially brave of you to do while also
hiding behind an alias.

PW5 Flyer

Shawn
February 17th 05, 09:07 PM
John Doe wrote:

You must be new! We've known Lenniebeard's "true, secret identity" on
this ng for years (didn't Al figure it out first?). Just ignore him and
he'll go back to rec.metalwork sooner.
BTW, you should change your name or people will start to think you were
an abandoned infant or an itinerant "found down".
;-)

Shawn

Greybeard
February 17th 05, 09:50 PM
On 17 Feb 2005 13:05:19 -0800, "PW5 Flyer" > wrote:

>How low can you be?

He's actually still above average for this group. Cheap shots are
stock in trade here. However, it's all things that I've posted, I'm
not hiding anything, unlike asshole al and many others. miniscule
intellects gather together in gaggles.

I actually only know two that occasionaly post something here, but the
March 9 cutoff of all contact with any soaring isn't going to bother
anyone.

BTW, the intelligence level of pond scum is higher than the RAS
average.

John Doe
February 17th 05, 11:21 PM
Hi Shawn,
No I'm not new (lurker of 3 years, occasional poster
(under my real name) of 2), I was merely bringing our
obviously new friend Jack up to speed on the Lennie
issue ;-) Although I have to admit the pond scum
bit was new to me ;-)

PW5Flyer - Lennie has talked enough about his family
problems (Lennie, you have my sympathy, but I still
don't like you) on r.a.s. before, it's not exactly
a state secret. I am merely re posting freely avaliable
information.

And as for your dislike of aliases, I take it PW5Flyer
is your real name then? Did your parents not like
you or something? ;-)

And fyi, I don't dislike you or lennie because of your
choice of ship (1-26 or PW5, not the ships I'd choose
but each to their own), I dislike you for your attitude
and your wallowing in self pity.

John Doe
(Lost in action somewhere north of Da Nang)

At 22:00 17 February 2005, Shawn wrote:
>John Doe wrote:
>
>You must be new! We've known Lenniebeard's 'true,
>secret identity' on
>this ng for years (didn't Al figure it out first?).
> Just ignore him and
>he'll go back to rec.metalwork sooner.
>BTW, you should change your name or people will start
>to think you were
>an abandoned infant or an itinerant 'found down'.
>;-)
>
>Shawn

Andreas Maurer
February 18th 05, 01:01 AM
Hi "PW5 Flyer", whatever your real name may be,

----------------
>PW5 Flyer
----------------

Hear hear.

How about stopping all that bull**** and returning to the topic of
this group?

I'm sure about one thing: A a tone like in this thread is unknown to
any glider field where people are able to look into each others' eyes
while discussing.

Bye
Andreas

Jack
February 18th 05, 03:39 AM
Well,

It's a sad day when any of us loses someone or something we love. It
happens to all of us. None are immune. I'm sorry for your loss, Lennie
the Lurker, but please leave us out of your greif. Take out your
bitterness on those that actually frustrated you to begin with. This
isn't the forum for that.

This will be my last post on this particular thread... indeed, my last
look at it. I'm guilty of helping to keep it going and I apologise to
all for that. If some think I'm a Glasshole, I guess they're entitled
to that opinion. I will (already do) have many friends that fly
sailplanes - glass, metal, wood, and whatever... They include Ventus
IIs, ASW-27Bs, PW-5s, Russias, 1-26es, Ka-6es, etc. Call me what you
like while hiding behind your alias. I do take exception to your
calling any of my friends names. You don't know anything about any of
us. We'll have fun flying, and drink beer afterwards and I'll drag out
the guitar and sing until they make me quit, (don't usually take too
long!) Then we'll swap stories (lies) and so on. I just don't find
anything there to be negative about.

It's all good, and a couple of you missed it. I hope you'll pardon my
waxing philosophic, but I'm a little tooted and my son is just home
this afternoon from the Persian Gulf, and I'm in a rare mood, indeed!
If you can't smile for me, then smile for him. We're going for a
sailplane ride Sunday. He's going to join a club and begin flying soon.

Jack Womack
Pik-20B (AZ)

John Doe wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
> No I'm not new (lurker of 3 years, occasional poster
> (under my real name) of 2), I was merely bringing our
> obviously new friend Jack up to speed on the Lennie
> issue ;-) Although I have to admit the pond scum
> bit was new to me ;-)
>
> PW5Flyer - Lennie has talked enough about his family
> problems (Lennie, you have my sympathy, but I still
> don't like you) on r.a.s. before, it's not exactly
> a state secret. I am merely re posting freely avaliable
> information.
>
> And as for your dislike of aliases, I take it PW5Flyer
> is your real name then? Did your parents not like
> you or something? ;-)
>
> And fyi, I don't dislike you or lennie because of your
> choice of ship (1-26 or PW5, not the ships I'd choose
> but each to their own), I dislike you for your attitude
> and your wallowing in self pity.
>
> John Doe
> (Lost in action somewhere north of Da Nang)
>
> At 22:00 17 February 2005, Shawn wrote:
> >John Doe wrote:
> >
> >You must be new! We've known Lenniebeard's 'true,
> >secret identity' on
> >this ng for years (didn't Al figure it out first?).
> > Just ignore him and
> >he'll go back to rec.metalwork sooner.
> >BTW, you should change your name or people will start
> >to think you were
> >an abandoned infant or an itinerant 'found down'.
> >;-)
> >
> >Shawn

Greybeard
February 18th 05, 04:59 AM
On 17 Feb 2005 23:21:30 GMT, John Doe
> wrote:

>(Lennie, you have my sympathy, but I still
>don't like you)

Whether you like me or not doesn't concern me.. I'm quite used to
people not liking me, pilots,(a separate group) don't count. The only
friend I have in soaring was a friend long before he took up soaring.
(and also the asshole the talked me into trying it, but then, he now
owns a mill and two lathes. And a drill press, and welding torch and
tanks.)

>And fyi, I don't dislike you or lennie because of your
>choice of ship (1-26 or PW5, not the ships I'd choose
>but each to their own),

But you're still not going to keep your ****ing mouth shut at the
field when someone shows up with one. "You can't do this, you can't
do that, you'll never be,,,, Don't even try it, you'll just be
disappointed, " and the **** remarks go on forever. It will never
change, as long as the "good ole boys" don't want it to change.
Closed and useless society.

Greybeard
February 18th 05, 05:43 AM
On 17 Feb 2005 19:39:07 -0800, "Jack" > wrote:

>. You don't know anything about any of
>us.

And you know less about me. Does it sound like I'm champing at the
bit to get to know you?

> and drink beer afterwards

Sorry, but I can't stand a ****ing drunk. that **** isn't allowed on
my property. How does it feel to know you've slopped down more rotten
grain in a week than I've had in 63 years? (Damn right I'm proud of
it. Just leaves a few spare hangovers for those stupid enough to
drink it. "Have one, I don't want it.")

> and I'll drag out
>the guitar

My Thomas Celebrity Royale isn't portable,

> my son is just home
>this afternoon from the Persian Gulf,

I'm glad we're not reading about another victim. The first young man
that came home in a body bag was one too many.

February 18th 05, 07:33 AM
Dickie the lunatic did utter forth....

March 9 will be the last time any of the soaring people will be able
to contact me, even by email. I will lose nothing. There was never
anything there to lose. Cutoff will be complete from the aviation
people, and I will suffer no loss.

Dreams do come true....

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you bon voyage Richard.
May the door of RAS hit you on the back on your way out....

Al

Don Johnstone
February 18th 05, 11:28 AM
I have just done a piece of serious research into the
most popular topic on ras. Anyone care to guess what
it is?

Yes it's 'Lennie'. He occurs in more posts than any
other subject.
Lennie your contribution to ras has been greater than
anything else. No one has achieved more than you.

I salute you.

:-)
TVFIC

At 08:30 18 February 2005, wrote:
>Dickie the lunatic did utter forth....
>
>March 9 will be the last time any of the soaring people
>will be able
>to contact me, even by email. I will lose nothing.
> There was never
>anything there to lose. Cutoff will be complete from
>the aviation
>people, and I will suffer no loss.
>

>Dreams do come true....
>
>I would like to take this opportunity to wish you bon
>voyage Richard.
>May the door of RAS hit you on the back on your way
>out....
>
>Al

PW5 Flyer
February 18th 05, 03:06 PM
John Doe wrote:
> Hi Shawn,
> No I'm not new (lurker of 3 years, occasional poster
> (under my real name) of 2)

You mean "Jamie Denton"

> PW5Flyer - Lennie has talked enough about his family
> problems (Lennie, you have my sympathy, but I still
> don't like you) on r.a.s. before, it's not exactly
> a state secret. I am merely re posting freely avaliable
> information.

Stick to the subject or person posting and stay away from
their family. That's just hateful.

> And as for your dislike of aliases, I take it PW5Flyer
> is your real name then? Did your parents not like
> you or something? ;-)

I didn't say anywhere I disliked aliases, many people on
this group use them. I didn't appreciate your divulging
his families information while using one.

> And fyi, I don't dislike you or lennie because of your
> choice of ship (1-26 or PW5, not the ships I'd choose
> but each to their own), I dislike you for your attitude
> and your wallowing in self pity.

I really don't care what you like or dislike. I don't care
what you fly either, I wouldn't be the one walking up to
you at the field and insulting your choice, however.

> John Doe
> (Lost in action somewhere north of Da Nang)

Lost in Translation maybe, thank goodness you are
an ocean away.

PW5 Flyer

Greybeard
February 18th 05, 04:26 PM
On 17 Feb 2005 23:33:58 -0800, "
> wrote:

>Dreams do come true....

So do nightmares. Taking precautions that I never see you or your
kind by staying away from your crawl trench will prevent that from
ever happening. I owe soaring nothing, the debt is the other way. I
know who paid his debts, and I also know who isn't going to. That
which used to be free or nearly so, is now not available at any price.
Small, maybe. Confined in area, maybe, but also maybe not. Not being
available has it's benefit.

Greybeard
February 18th 05, 04:37 PM
On 18 Feb 2005 11:28:10 GMT, Don Johnstone
> wrote:

>I have just done a piece of serious research into the
>most popular topic on ras. Anyone care to guess what
>it is?

I don't like ****ing liars any better than I like ****ing drunks.
That gives you a double strike. Get your face out of the beer glass.

February 18th 05, 05:13 PM
Gaybeard you will not be missed...

now quit ya bitching.... start drinking and lighten up you sad old
fart.

Al

Don Johnstone
February 18th 05, 07:46 PM
:-) I find being drunk and untruthful can seriously
curtail sexual athleticism. I am a malt man, don't
drink beer. I think you must be confusing me with someone
who cares.

At 17:00 18 February 2005, Greybeard wrote:
>On 18 Feb 2005 11:28:10 GMT, Don Johnstone
> wrote:
>
>>I have just done a piece of serious research into the
>>most popular topic on ras. Anyone care to guess what
>>it is?
>
>I don't like ****ing liars any better than I like ****ing
>drunks.
>That gives you a double strike. Get your face out
>of the beer glass.

Crusty O'l Fart
February 18th 05, 08:25 PM
Look, we've heard lennie/greybeard/richard/a-hole say he was leaving for
good before. He just keeps flaring up again (like herpes). So, either he
conveniently forgets that he has taken his ball and gone home, or he is
a liar.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out........
cof
KMEV

wrote:
> Dickie the lunatic did utter forth....
>
> March 9 will be the last time any of the soaring people will be able
> to contact me, even by email. I will lose nothing. There was never
> anything there to lose. Cutoff will be complete from the aviation
> people, and I will suffer no loss.
>

> Dreams do come true....
>
> I would like to take this opportunity to wish you bon voyage Richard.
> May the door of RAS hit you on the back on your way out....
>
> Al

Greybeard
February 19th 05, 12:18 AM
On 18 Feb 2005 09:13:35 -0800, "
> wrote:

>now quit ya bitching.... start drinking and lighten up you sad old
>fart.

Missed or not means nothing. Drinking would lower me to your
intellectual level, somewhat below pigs. Sad, alastair? How sad would
you be when you go to a hobby shop and drop $600? Three months in a
row. People that waste their money on beer and soaring can't do that.
Signatures in a log book will buy you exactly nothing. Receipts for
tow charges are worth the same.

But, there's something in beer that I react to in very nasty ways. A
gift from God. I know a blessing when I see one.

Another blessing is that I'll never have to look at your face.
****heads don't appeal to me.

February 20th 05, 01:49 AM
> actually only know two that occasionaly post something here, but the
> March 9 cutoff of all contact with any soaring

I will mark March 9 on my Outlook calendar so I can toast the date! The
question is beer or champagne?

Greybeard
February 20th 05, 06:41 AM
On 19 Feb 2005 17:49:51 -0800, wrote:

>> actually only know two that occasionaly post something here, but the
>> March 9 cutoff of all contact with any soaring
>
>I will mark March 9 on my Outlook calendar so I can toast the date! The
>question is beer or champagne?

The brain poison of your choice. Rotten grain or rotten grape, still
equals rotten brain. Fortunately they still haven't found a cure for
alcohol damaged livers. I hope they never do, it limits at least a
few drunks to short lives.

February 21st 05, 06:08 AM
Greybeard wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2005 17:49:51 -0800, wrote:
>
> >> actually only know two that occasionaly post something here, but
the
> >> March 9 cutoff of all contact with any soaring
> >
> >I will mark March 9 on my Outlook calendar so I can toast the date!
The
> >question is beer or champagne?
>
> The brain poison of your choice. Rotten grain or rotten grape, still
> equals rotten brain. Fortunately they still haven't found a cure for
> alcohol damaged livers. I hope they never do, it limits at least a
> few drunks to short lives.

17 days and counting.

Make it Scotch (Dalwhinnie) & rocks.

Jack
March 2nd 05, 04:25 AM
GK wrote:
> wrote:
>
>>That may explain why some people fly, for example 1-26s, a low
>>performing yet inexpensive glider.
>

> Inexpensive because its 100 years old

No way: mine is only half as old as I am!

Jack

Go
March 2nd 05, 08:25 PM
Oh give it a break Lenney, Lennie, Greybeard. What you will never
understand is that we love soaring and wouldn't quit something we love
just because we met someone who was unfriendly.

Face it, you are just a quitter who squirms away whining when faced
with adversity. A loser who never really had the passion. If you had
you would have overcome the minor irritations and kept flying. It must
really be much easier to quit when you place the blame on others eh?
"It's not my fault, poor me, boo hoo, snivel."

BTW: I know quite a few 1-26ers and they could care less if a glasshole
or two turns up their nose. They are some of the most passionate group
of pilots I have ever met. No losers in that crowd. You wouldn't have
fit in with them either.

Greybeard wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2005 15:26:07 -0800, "Go" > wrote:
>

> >Well, that was an awakening! Welcome to the club eh?
>
> If you want to feel the full magnitude, buy a 1-26.
>
> I did
>
> I learned,
> I soloed,
> I transitioned,
> I listened,
> I learned
> Closed group with high entry fee.
> I quit.

Greybeard
March 2nd 05, 11:19 PM
On 2 Mar 2005 12:25:30 -0800, "Go" > wrote:

> You wouldn't have
>fit in with them either.

Soaring people normally don't fit in with the rest of the world. Just
a bunch of rich old retired conservatives that would do the world a
favor to find another planet to soar on. May I suggest Mercury?

rich man's hobby, acceptance based on personal wealth, nothing else.
Closed clique.

Go
March 3rd 05, 12:43 AM
The 'them' in my statement referred to the people who fly 1-26's. So
now you are saying the people who are flying 1-26's are rich men of
personal wealth? A "closed clique"?

An amazingly incorrect view.

When I once visited an airport where only 1-26 were being flown, towing
my glass ship, they invited me to dinner and offered to brief me on the
area.

Tony Verhulst
March 3rd 05, 01:04 AM
> rich man's hobby, acceptance based on personal wealth, nothing else.
> Closed clique.

You won't convince the dozen or so members in our Juniors program (aged
14 to 18) who work the line for flight time
(http://soargbsc.com/juniors.htm. Nor the several retired school
teachers who budget their flight time - among many others. A closed
clique based on personal wealth? Not a chance!

Tony V.
http://www.soargbsc.com

John Doe
March 3rd 05, 03:10 AM
At 15:30 18 February 2005, Pw5 Flyer wrote:

>You mean 'Jamie Denton'

Wow, this thread is STILL going, I'm impressed, so
I'll bite, well done, I see you can use google.

>Stick to the subject or person posting and stay away
>from
>their family. That's just hateful.

It's freely avaliable info, that Lennie brings up unprompted
with reasonable regularity. Given that the post was
just a brief summary of Lennie I dug up and I didn't
actually insult his family I'll just ignore that and
chalk it up to 'artificial sense of moral righteousness'.

>I didn't say anywhere I disliked aliases, many people
>on
>this group use them. I didn't appreciate your divulging
>his families information while using one.

Fairy nuff, I disagree but can't be bothered arguing
semantics.

>> And fyi, I don't dislike you or lennie because of
>>your
>> choice of ship (1-26 or PW5, not the ships I'd choose
>> but each to their own), I dislike you for your attitude
>> and your wallowing in self pity.
>
>I really don't care what you like or dislike. I don't
>care
>what you fly either, I wouldn't be the one walking
>up to
>you at the field and insulting your choice, however.

wow, you actually completely missed the point, just
because I wouldn't choo it doesn't mean it's a bad
glider...sheesh... Just because I don't trade my (admittedly
slightly knackered and old) Volvo for a for a new Ford
Fiesta, doesn't mean that I think the Fiesta is a bad
car, just innappropriate for what I want to do....
And I don't have any intention of telling you what
I fly or where I fly, although if you are bored you
are welcometo do some digging and find out, I don't
really care.

>Lost in Translation maybe, thank goodness you are
>an ocean away.

Oh well, I guess I'll never have the pleasure of sharing
a pint with you... pity.... I'm actually curious to
find out why you seem to get the cold shoulder from
the 40:1 crowd, I have to say I've never seen that
here, in fact almost the complete oposite seems to
be true..

Sorry for the speed of reply, I've been away doing
things like...shock horror....flying instead of whining
about the people around me like certain people (Lennie)...

Jamie Denton

Roll on the 9th of March

>PW5 Flyer

Greybeard
March 4th 05, 05:20 AM
On 2 Mar 2005 16:43:42 -0800, "Go" > wrote:

>The 'them' in my statement referred to the people who fly 1-26's. So
>now you are saying the people who are flying 1-26's are rich men of
>personal wealth? A "closed clique"?

To put it very bluntly, my 1-26 was eating ALL of the money that I had
to spend, and for me to continue would have been exceedingly stupid.
Yes, I could have "put it on the card", and had the appearance of
someone that was better off than I am, but that would have been
stupidity multiplied by a factor of ten.

>An amazingly incorrect view.

Maybe in your eyes. The average hourly worker isn't found at a glider
strip, unless it's for a ride on a gift certificate. Could be a sign
of common sense.

So I wrote off the 7 or 8 thousand dollars it had cost me in three
years as a total waste. I'm not stupid enough to go back, I can sit
at home and be ignored.

Don Johnstone
March 4th 05, 03:42 PM
At 05:30 04 March 2005, Greybeard wrote: (snip)

I can sit at home and be ignored.

I don't think so, for some, ignoring you is not an
option. Are you an american institution?

bumper
March 4th 05, 05:14 PM
"Don Johnstone" > wrote in
message ...
> At 05:30 04 March 2005, Greybeard wrote: (snip)
>
> I can sit at home and be ignored.
>
> I don't think so, for some, ignoring you is not an
> option. Are you an american institution?

God, I hope not!

Americans may be many things, our reputation seems a bit sullied in some
quarters, but some of us still love soaring and can converse intelligently
without resorting to name calling.

bumper

Greybeard
March 4th 05, 06:30 PM
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:14:47 -0800, "bumper" > wrote:

Fully knowing that morgan has me in his killfile, there have been a
couple of times that the only response to his beginners questions in
the metal working group has been from me. Does the heart good when
idiots get their answers, and never know it. Ya gotta love it when
someone screws themselves. Most times, I just laugh at his questions
and move on. He doesn't know enough to understand the answers.

Greybeard

Jack
March 5th 05, 01:30 AM
Snip: Ya gotta love it when
someone screws themselves.

Your words, not mine. You really should seek some professional help.
The total negative attitude doesn't fit into the can do required for
achieving any goal. It's no wonder you don't drink, as you've
apparently never had anything to celebrate. Why don't you take out your
frustrations on the guy that has realy ****ed in your socks. Go find a
mirror - the guy looking back at you is that person that has
disappointed you throughout your life. I really feel badly that you're
so bitter, and that isn't meant in the sarcastic. I know you really
don't need my pity. Don't misunderstand, I don't pity you.

My son, who's busy defending your right to post whatever you like on
the web, has a saying that I always find appropriate. He says, "
There's an ass for every seat." You fill this negative-whiner seat
better than anyone I ever heard of. I guess you're the best at
something, after all. Congratulations. Go have a beer to celebrate.

But truly, thank you. When I've been feeling a little negative lately,
I think of how everyone else posting here seems to perceive you,
including yourself, and I start trying to conscoiusly find the
positives in whatever situation I'm in. They're there! It has been a
real help for me. Please notice that I'm really not trying to reason
with you. You have niether the capacity nor the desire to do so. You've
proven that to us all.

As always, not hiding behind a cute little web handle... And as long as
you're hiding, I guess you can call me whatever you like and I'll just
consider the source, and consider that positive... like a double
negative. Please, get some help.

Jack Womack

Greybeard
March 5th 05, 03:11 AM
On 4 Mar 2005 17:30:45 -0800, "Jack" > wrote:

Typical of a scab sucking republiscam, if someone doesn't agree with
them, they need "help". Sorry, ****er, but I've gotten along without
soaring for all my life, and I'm sure I can live the rest of it
without and not even feel any loss, of which there is none.

Fortunately, God has ways to ensure that I don't go crazy enough to
try to mix with soaring again, I'm on a one hour "leash", that's the
longest I can leave my daughter alone. Sorta puts the 47 mile trip to
Beloit thankfully out of reach. All that remains is to find out if my
"friends" aren't "aquaintances", and I wouldn't put a paper penny on
"friend". It's like any other weekend hobby, you meet a lot of
people, but they're not your friends, now or ever. I can't lose what
I never had. (Soaring friends, for the thick of skull. They don't
exist.)

I've gotten along nicely for 63 years on my own, for most of it, and
without a lot of other people around. I don't really give a fiddlers
flying **** if anyone likes it or not. It's one of the benefits of
spending your teen years on a ranch so far from town that you almost
never see anyone, you learn to entertain yourself. Which might also
explain why I find the works of Nature far more interesting and
intelligent than the works of krauts. Krauts imitate, Nature
initiates.

Go
March 5th 05, 02:40 PM
Lennie/Lenney/Greybeard wrote: "Sorry, ****er, but I've gotten along
without
soaring for all my life, and I'm sure I can live the rest of it
without and not even feel any loss"

By now we all understand how you feel about soaring and we are frankly
bored by your negative and obscene posts. So, please go away. By your
own admission you don't belong here so please leave us who enjoy
soaring to our discussions and go involve yourself in something you
would rather do.

PLEASE GO AWAY.

Thanks
Go