PDA

View Full Version : 1-26 Dimension Needed

Mark Zivley
February 7th 05, 04:11 AM
The trailer configuration for our club's 1-26 uses a steel tube that is
passed through the aft wing attach recepticals. This tube keeps the
fuse stable on the trailer. Anyone know off hand what the largest "off
the shelf" diameter tubing will go through that aft wing pass through?
No, I wasn't the one who lost it.. :-) But we do need to buy another
piece to replace it.

Thanks,

Mark

reply to (as the "reply to" is bogus

jphoenix
February 7th 05, 05:42 AM
Mark,

3/4 inch pipe galvanized fits loosely - wrap 1/8" thick by 1 or 2" wide
sticky back foam seal around the pipe - cover *tightly* with duct tape,
drill holes for your tie-downs or whatever and you're back in business.

Jim

for more 1-26 maintenance info, point your browser to
www.jimphoenix.com or the 1-26 Association web site. Just google it.

Mark Zivley wrote:
> The trailer configuration for our club's 1-26 uses a steel tube that
is
> passed through the aft wing attach recepticals. This tube keeps the
> fuse stable on the trailer. Anyone know off hand what the largest
"off
> the shelf" diameter tubing will go through that aft wing pass
through?
> No, I wasn't the one who lost it.. :-) But we do need to buy
another
> piece to replace it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> reply to (as the "reply to" is bogus

February 7th 05, 01:32 PM
Mark Zivley wrote:
> The trailer configuration for our club's 1-26 uses a steel tube that
is
> passed through the aft wing attach recepticals. This tube keeps the
> fuse stable on the trailer. Anyone know off hand what the largest
"off
> the shelf" diameter tubing will go through that aft wing pass
through?
> No, I wasn't the one who lost it.. :-) But we do need to buy
another
> piece to replace it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> reply to (as the "reply to" is bogus

Diameter is 1 inch for drag spar.
UH

Mark Zivley
February 7th 05, 02:16 PM
Thank you both!

Mark Zivley wrote:
> The trailer configuration for our club's 1-26 uses a steel tube that is
> passed through the aft wing attach recepticals. This tube keeps the
> fuse stable on the trailer. Anyone know off hand what the largest "off
> the shelf" diameter tubing will go through that aft wing pass through?
> No, I wasn't the one who lost it.. :-) But we do need to buy another
> piece to replace it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> reply to (as the "reply to" is bogus