PDA

View Full Version : Stories From the Boneyard...

Miloch
October 30th 18, 04:39 PM
Want to know how aircraft are stored in "The Boneyard"...interesting 8 minute
video explains it all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1s-1nHdIgs

*

Miloch
November 1st 18, 11:58 AM
In article >, DAN says...

>Miloch wrote:
>
>>Want to know how aircraft are stored in "The Boneyard"...interesting 8 minute
>>video explains it all...
>
>I have a tour reserved at AMARG for mid-November. Going there by way of SDAM and
>PIMA. Should be interesting!

Take lots of pics!...then post 'em

*

Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]
November 2nd 18, 08:42 AM
On Thu, 01 Nov 2018 11:26:40 +0100, DAN > wrote:

>Miloch wrote:
>
>>Want to know how aircraft are stored in "The Boneyard"...interesting 8 minute
>>video explains it all...
>
>I have a tour reserved at AMARG for mid-November. Going there by way of SDAM and
>PIMA. Should be interesting!

I had the opportunity to visit MASDC (at the time) back in the latter
1970s. Back then, the tour consisted of a bored airman driving us
around in a bus. We'd find an interesting stop and he'd tell us to be
back in half an hour, don't play with the rattlesnakes. Spent a good
four hours getting sunburned, heatstroke, and going through dozens of
rolls of slide film, all but lost in amazing aviation history... never
saw a snake.

Pima Air Museum was just getting going back then, and already
incredible. Haven't been back, but understand they've greatly
expanded and improved.

Google