PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question...

Gary Emerson
February 7th 05, 10:30 PM
I have a question about trying to combine two objectives into a single
flight.

If there is a State record in the category of "flight to a goal" which
can be obtained with a flight of say 280km can I declare my start and my
goal and then after my arrival at the goal continue my flight to an
airport that is another 25km (280+25=305k) and land there to also earn
my Gold distance?

The Goal is defined as a "finish point" in the rules, but if I get to my
"goal" and I'm still flying I don't believe that I have to land at the
goal to have achieved reaching my goal. With Gold distance you can use
up to 3 turnpoints and then proceed to a landing which is not specified
since it's "free distance". Yea?? Nay?? Does reaching the "goal"
preclude the possibility of any credited distance following??

I suppose the same could also be applied for a 500k distance flight as
long as it's "free distance" flown to a undefined landing after reaching
the "goal" which was declared???

Gary

Pat Russell
February 8th 05, 01:20 PM
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:30:57 GMT, Gary Emerson
> wrote:

> can I declare my start and my
>goal and then after my arrival at the goal continue my flight... to also earn
>my Gold distance?

Yes.

Google