PDA

View Full Version : Sporty's DVD on Gliding

None
February 15th 05, 09:45 PM
Have any US readers viewed this DVD? Give us a report on it.

Michael R
February 17th 05, 12:32 AM
I have seen it, and it's pretty good.
A lot of it is shot in a Diamond Xtreme motorglider, but there is plenty of
other footage in Schweizers and others. Lots of very good illustrations and
animations. Bob Wander narrates about 1/4 of it.

"None" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Have any US readers viewed this DVD? Give us a report on it.

Jeffrey Banks
February 19th 05, 08:11 PM
I bought the "Sporty's" Transitions to Gliders DVD at the SSA convention.

It is $40 and a bit pricy, however I was surprised at how well it was done.

There is an AOPA discount on the Sporty's Pilot web site.

There is a description of the "diagonal leg" downwind to base approach in
one chapter.

Show it at an airplane pilot meeting and generate interest!

Jeff Banks

Alaska Mountain Soaring Association

February 22nd 05, 02:06 PM
None wrote:
> Have any US readers viewed this DVD? Give us a report on it.

Have reviewed it and intend to make it part of our club training
reference materials.
Well done and useful.
Title is misleading. Useful for all glider pilots, but especially
students and instructors.
UH

Google