PDA

View Full Version : Re: Request for help concerning fraudulent offers to buy sailplanes

Ted Wagner
February 16th 05, 05:40 AM
<snip> then had the bank call up a few days later and say "The check was bad
and we're pulling those funds out of your account." </snip>

Is this a case where the bank got fooled by a counterfeited cashiers check?

What if a temporary checking account is used that's opened to deposit the
cashiers check and closed soon after the check is "cashed"?

I'm very curious about this so if there are any banker types who can offer
details, I'd like to know. I don't much like the idea that a cashiers check
could dupe a bank.

Google