PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ximango - fuel selection problem

Colin Hamilton
February 17th 05, 07:42 PM
Thanks to all who replied either in ras or by email.

No 'mechanical or electrical' intervention happened
before this problem manifested itself, so I think we're
left with looking at a fuel line blockage somewhere
that results in such a degree of negative pressure
that fuel is still drawn from the left tank even thought
the right is selected.

I'd still be gratefull if any Xiamango operators out
there could get in touch
Colin
At 20:00 13 February 2005, Colin Hamilton wrote:
>Whilst flying we observed that whilst having the right
>hand tank selected, the left hand fuel gauge seemed
>to be going down.
>
>Initially this led us to think that we must be leaking
>fuel from the
>left hand tank and we'd be ok because we had the right
>hand tank selected.
>
>After flying for a bit longer we observed that, despite
>having the
>right hand tank selected the right hand fuel gauge
>was not descending.
>
>Fortunately we stopped flying just in time before the
>left hand tank run dry.
>
>Any Ximango operators had similar experiences?

Google