PDA

View Full Version : Pete Williams

cernauta
February 18th 05, 12:11 AM
Maybe I'm blind. Maybe his death has not yet been reported on ras.
He was hit by a car, while walking towards his own car on his road to
the SSA convention, in the Mojave Desert. A few months ago, he was
diagnosed a terminal illness.
He has contributed to safer soaring with books and articles,
concentrating in particular on the operational aspects of
self-launching gliders.
See www.motorglider.org

farewell

Aldo Cernezzi

F.L. Whiteley
February 18th 05, 12:30 AM
"cernauta" > wrote in message
> Maybe I'm blind. Maybe his death has not yet been reported on ras.
> He was hit by a car, while walking towards his own car on his road to
> the SSA convention, in the Mojave Desert. A few months ago, he was
> diagnosed a terminal illness.
> He has contributed to safer soaring with books and articles,
> concentrating in particular on the operational aspects of
> self-launching gliders.
> See www.motorglider.org
>
> farewell
>
> Aldo Cernezzi

His passing was announced at the SSA Convention in conjunction with his
award announcement. I was hoping someone with more information would post
here. We only met briefly but had a few phone conversations and e-mails
back and forth over the years.

I knew he was ill, but am still a bti stunned by the news,

Frank Whiteley

CindyASK
February 18th 05, 01:22 AM
The Convention Committee was stunned to learn of his accident, on the
eve of his continued efforts on behalf of motorgliders through
participation in several events for the Convention. Our condolences to
his family.

There is another nice tribute to Pete's efforts in soaring at
http://www.mindensoaringclub.org/
by his local pilot associates.

Sorrowfully,
Cindy B

> > See www.motorglider.org
> >
> > farewell
> >
> > Aldo Cernezzi
> >
> His passing was announced at the SSA Convention in conjunction with
his
> award announcement. I was hoping someone with more information would
post
> here. We only met briefly but had a few phone conversations and
e-mails
> back and forth over the years.
>
> I knew he was ill, but am still a bti stunned by the news,
>
> Frank Whiteley

Tom
February 19th 05, 04:58 AM
CindyASK wrote:
> The Convention Committee was stunned to learn of his accident, on the
> eve of his continued efforts on behalf of motorgliders through
> participation in several events for the Convention. Our condolences
> his family.
>
> There is another nice tribute to Pete's efforts in soaring at
> http://www.mindensoaringclub.org/
> by his local pilot associates.
>
> Sorrowfully,
> Cindy B
>

> > > See www.motorglider.org
> > >
> > > farewell
> > >
> > > Aldo Cernezzi
> > >
> > His passing was announced at the SSA Convention in conjunction with
> his
> > award announcement. I was hoping someone with more information
would
> post
> > here. We only met briefly but had a few phone conversations and
> e-mails
> > back and forth over the years.
> >
> > I knew he was ill, but am still a bti stunned by the news,
> >
> > Frank Whiteley

Tom
February 19th 05, 05:04 AM
A Memorial Service for Pete will be at the Calvary Chapel of Carson
Valley 1004 Dresslerville Rd. Gardnerville Nev on Saturday 26th Feb at
10:30am

Tom Stowers

CindyASK wrote:
> The Convention Committee was stunned to learn of his accident, on the
> eve of his continued efforts on behalf of motorgliders through
> participation in several events for the Convention. Our condolences
> his family.
>
> There is another nice tribute to Pete's efforts in soaring at
> http://www.mindensoaringclub.org/
> by his local pilot associates.
>
> Sorrowfully,
> Cindy B
>

> > > See www.motorglider.org
> > >
> > > farewell
> > >
> > > Aldo Cernezzi
> > >
> > His passing was announced at the SSA Convention in conjunction with
> his
> > award announcement. I was hoping someone with more information
would
> post
> > here. We only met briefly but had a few phone conversations and
> e-mails
> > back and forth over the years.
> >
> > I knew he was ill, but am still a bti stunned by the news,
> >
> > Frank Whiteley

Google