PDA

View Full Version : Have You Bought a Used Homebuilt?

KP Edit
February 18th 05, 03:37 PM
For an upcoming article, I'm looking for pilots who've purchased any of
the following completed (already flying) homebuilts from previous
builders:

Van's RV-4
Glasair II
Lancair 320/360
Zenith Zodiac (CH 601, 601 HDS, XL)
Avid MK IV
Kitfox Model IV/Classic IV

Specifically, the topic is particular items of importance to look at on
these airplanes if you're considering purchase of a used one. If you'd
be willing to talk about your story, please reply with e-mail address
and/or phone number.

Thanks...

Brian Clark
KITPLANES Magazine

Jughugs
February 18th 05, 04:26 PM
oh what's next... the four horseman? If KP has to hit up THIS group for
content.... the world is definitely coming to an end! hahahahahahaha

"KP Edit" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> For an upcoming article, I'm looking for pilots who've purchased any of
> the following completed (already flying) homebuilts from previous
> builders:

Dude
February 18th 05, 09:13 PM
That is funny, but I would make this one of my stops. The type clubs and
owners groups are a good source for the big things to watch for, but they
are also made up of people who already decided that the plane was a good
one.

I wouldn't be telling people how lousy a plane was until AFTER I sold my
copy.

"Jughugs" > wrote in message
> oh what's next... the four horseman? If KP has to hit up THIS group for
> content.... the world is definitely coming to an end! hahahahahahaha
>

> "KP Edit" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> For an upcoming article, I'm looking for pilots who've purchased any of
>> the following completed (already flying) homebuilts from previous
>> builders:

Ron Wanttaja
February 19th 05, 02:45 AM
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:26:45 -0800, "Jughugs" > wrote:

>"KP Edit" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> For an upcoming article, I'm looking for pilots who've purchased any of
>> the following completed (already flying) homebuilts from previous
>> builders:
>
>oh what's next... the four horseman? If KP has to hit up THIS group for
>content.... the world is definitely coming to an end! hahahahahahaha

Well, when you consider that at least three regular Kitplanes contributors hang
out here, and other participants have written for them off and on, it's not
surprising they're going to eliminate the middleman. :-)

Heck, the first two magazine articles I ever sold started out as USENET
postings....

Ron Wanttaja

Jerry Springer
February 19th 05, 03:08 AM
Ron Wanttaja wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:26:45 -0800, "Jughugs" > wrote:
>

>>"KP Edit" > wrote in message
ups.com...

>>>For an upcoming article, I'm looking for pilots who've purchased any of
>>>the following completed (already flying) homebuilts from previous
>>>builders:
>>
>>oh what's next... the four horseman? If KP has to hit up THIS group for
>>content.... the world is definitely coming to an end! hahahahahahaha
>

> Well, when you consider that at least three regular Kitplanes contributors hang
> out here, and other participants have written for them off and on, it's not
> surprising they're going to eliminate the middleman. :-)
>
> Heck, the first two magazine articles I ever sold started out as USENET
> postings....
>
> Ron Wanttaja

Oh and don't forget an Aeronews.net reporter hangs here also. LOL!!!

ET
February 19th 05, 07:40 AM
Richard Riley > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:08:33 -0800, Jerry Springer
> > wrote:
>

>:> Heck, the first two magazine articles I ever sold started out as USENET
>:> postings....
>:>
>:> Ron Wanttaja
>:
>:Oh and don't forget an Aeronews.net reporter hangs here also. LOL!!!
>
> They *still* haven't picked up on the Lycoming verdict. I wonder if
> they ever will.

Far be it for me to defend Zoom, but:

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=83270b19-fbde-4bcd-b66c-
24b893cab993&Dynamic=1&Range=WEEK&FromDate=02%2F12%2F2005&ToDate=02%2F19%
2F2005&Category=%2Findex.cfm

( or http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2541248A ) for short....

ET

ChuckSlusarczyk
February 19th 05, 04:56 PM
In article >, ET says...

>Far be it for me to defend Zoom, but:
>
>http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?ContentBlockID=83270b19-fbde-4bcd-b66c-
>24b893cab993&Dynamic=1&Range=WEEK&FromDate=02%2F12%2F2005&ToDate=02%2F19%
>2F2005&Category=%2Findex.cfm
>
>( or http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2541248A ) for short....

Even a blind pig etc....a broken clock is right etc.,, LOL!!!

See ya

Chuck S

Birdbrain13
February 19th 05, 09:52 PM
Avid MKIV

559-260-5295

Ken Ibold
February 22nd 05, 01:31 AM
"Jerry Springer" > wrote in message

> Oh and don't forget an Aeronews.net reporter hangs here also. LOL!!!

And an EAA editor lurks here ...

Cy Galley
February 22nd 05, 02:45 AM
"Ken Ibold" > wrote in message

> "Jerry Springer" > wrote in message
>>
>> Oh and don't forget an Aeronews.net reporter hangs here also. LOL!!!
>
> And an EAA editor lurks here ...
An that is a real scary thing!

--
Cy Galley
EAA Safety Programs Editor

Marlbra
February 22nd 05, 08:00 AM
lol, couldnt agree more, I have (or rather tried to...) look at the
website well at least archived mags etc like any other site would
do... only to find I had to PAY something like US$7.95 for the
privelidge... get a grip guys

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:26:45 -0800, "Jughugs" > wrote:

>oh what's next... the four horseman? If KP has to hit up THIS group for
>content.... the world is definitely coming to an end! hahahahahahaha
>

>"KP Edit" > wrote in message
ups.com...
>> For an upcoming article, I'm looking for pilots who've purchased any of
>> the following completed (already flying) homebuilts from previous
>> builders:

Google