PDA

View Full Version : Trailering and rigging tools

July 4th 19, 12:01 AM
A friend from Tucson showed up at Fidel's shop for some work on his Discus2b and it was discovered that the black plastic tool that fits into the end of the wing tip for both rigging as well as trailering had broken in two. I examined the ones I have for my Discus and discovered evidence of potential cracking. The tools are nineteen years old, so perhaps this is the issue. Or maybe because they live in the trailer and have been exposed to the heat of the day. Bottom line is should they break during rigging or trailering, damage could occur.
Steve Hill (my illegitimate cousin) has made new ones from aluminum billet which should out live the glider.
If you have such devices with your glider, you might want to give Steve a call and have him make you a set.

Bill (Zulu) Hill

Google