PDA

View Full Version : Introducing... NJ's newest Soaring Club!

Jim Buckridge
February 21st 05, 11:31 PM
Introducing New Jersey's newest soaring Club!

Who: Hawk Valley Soaring
What: Soaring Soaring Soaring
When: Weekends starting April 2nd (earlier if mud disappears) plus
Fridays during the summer months
Where: Somerset Airport (KSMQ) in Bedminster (minutes from where I-78
and I-287 intersect)
Why: Because it's fun!

Founded last spring, HVS is an official SSA club. While its own
entity, we are virtually partners with the Somerset-based commercial
operator Fly for Fun. We are a "non-instructing club" open to all
post-solo students or beyond. The fleet currently consists of a 1-26
and a 1-23, with immediate future plans for a two place ship once
membership numbers allow for it. Until a two place is purchased we do
have Fly for Fun's 2-33s available for rent.

We openly welcome all newcomers. Monthly meetings are held at local
restaurants on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7pm. Our next meeting,
on March 8th, will be held at Cryan's in North Branch. In addition
to monthly meetings, there are plans for informal BBQs and an annual
family BBQ featuring llamas!!! Yes, that's llamas... for admiring,
not eating.

Personally, I consider myself lucky to be a part of this club and this
Somerset soaring community. A great bunch of folks, including two
CFIGs, with the focus on the two most important aspects of soaring:
safety first and fun second.

We have two different ways to join the club. For information on
membership please see our website (http://www.hawkvalleysoaring.com) or
email me directly at .

Google