PDA

View Full Version : Jantar 2b at the Cinema :)

Janusz Kesik
February 22nd 05, 11:29 PM
Have You seen the "Aviator" movie? In the Poznan (Posen) movie theatre there
was an additional attraction for the pilot's eye - an Jantar 2b hanging just
under the roof. Take a look at the pics:

http://www.aeroklub.poznan.pl/klub/wydarzenia/2005/kinepolis05/kinepolis05.h
tml

And, moving to the another topic, this Jantar hanging under the roof was
also an advertisment of the newly formed "aviation specialized" class in one
of the Poznan's secondary schools. I don't know the details, but I believe
that glider training is an element of the teaching programme. :) Maybe this
could make soaring more popular? We'll see... :)

Regards,

--
Janusz Kesik
Poland

February 23rd 05, 12:15 AM
I was on the edge of my seat during the arial "filming" of the 110
plane dog fight. It isn't that the special effects were particularly
spectacular... I just had an odd feeling I'd been there before.

Good film. Worth seeing for no other reason than Cate Blanchett as Kate
Hepburn. Leo puts in an unusually mature and competent performance as
well.

Janusz Kesik wrote:
> Have You seen the "Aviator" movie? In the Poznan (Posen) movie
theatre there
> was an additional attraction for the pilot's eye - an Jantar 2b
hanging just
> under the roof. Take a look at the pics:

http://www.aeroklub.poznan.pl/klub/wydarzenia/2005/kinepolis05/kinepolis05.h
> tml
>
> And, moving to the another topic, this Jantar hanging under the roof
was
> also an advertisment of the newly formed "aviation specialized" class
in one
> of the Poznan's secondary schools. I don't know the details, but I
believe
> that glider training is an element of the teaching programme. :)
Maybe this
> could make soaring more popular? We'll see... :)
>
> Regards,
>

> --
> Janusz Kesik
> Poland
> to reply put my name.surname[at]gazeta.pl
> -------------------------------------
> See Wroclaw (Breslau) in photography,
> The XIX Century, the Festung Breslau, and photos taken today.
> http://www.wroclaw.dolny.slask.pl

Ted Wagner
February 23rd 05, 04:33 AM
> Good film. Worth seeing for no other reason than Cate Blanchett as Kate
> Hepburn

I was especially intrigued by the amphibious airplane he taught her to fly
in. It made less noise flying over Beverly Hills than my glider does sitting
on the ground!

Google