PDA

View Full Version : Texas Soaring Association

jeplane[_2_]
July 27th 19, 07:04 PM
Does anybody knows what gliders they do have and how many?
Their website doesn’t say.
Thanks!

Frank Whiteley
July 27th 19, 07:20 PM
On Saturday, July 27, 2019 at 12:04:23 PM UTC-6, jeplane wrote:
> Does anybody knows what gliders they do have and how many?
> Their website doesn’t say.
> Thanks!
https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/Name_Results.aspx?Nametxt=TEXAS+SOARING+ASSOCIATIO N&sort_option=1&PageNo=1

FAA listing, however, some may not be in the current airworthy fleet.

Bob Gibbons[_2_]
July 28th 19, 03:43 AM
On Sat, 27 Jul 2019 11:04:21 -0700 (PDT), jeplane >
wrote:

>Does anybody knows what gliders they do have and how many?
>Their website doesn’t say.
>Thanks!

3 - Pawnee PA-25 towplanes (1 in overhaul)
3 - Schleicher ASK-21
1 - Schempp-Hirth Duo Discus
3 - PZL PW-5
1 - Schweizer 1-26D

son_of_flubber
July 29th 19, 12:12 PM
Hopping into a SGS 1-26 after training in a ASK-21 must be interesting.

Martin Gregorie[_6_]
July 29th 19, 12:50 PM
On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 04:12:59 -0700, son_of_flubber wrote:

> Hopping into a SGS 1-26 after training in a ASK-21 must be interesting.

.... but probably no worse than the ASK-21 -> SZD Junior conversion my
club used to do, and maybe easier since the Junior has a tailwheel.

That said, these days we're converting new solo pilots to solo on our
Puchacz first and then to the Juniors because of the similar control feel
and responsiveness between Puchacz and Junior. All our new solo pilots
will already have some familiarity with the Puchacz pre-solo because its
our spin trainer.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org