PDA

View Full Version : Marfa Texas expanding operations

Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
July 30th 19, 12:23 AM
TOWPILOT needed to fly and live in my guest cottage next to my home in town just 3 miles from Marfa Airport in far southwest Texas, near the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park. Marfa Airport elevation is near 5,000' so we enjoy a pleasant year-round climate. 3 runways at MRF airport, a former WWII auxiliary field.

No oil here, just a large aquifer of water under the grassy plateau. Marfa is a small art and music community 180 miles southeast of El Paso. Excellent restaurants in town, events and activities under the big sky as seen in "The Sun Ship Game" film of the 1969 US National contest.

Compensation for a full or part time towpilot(s) and no taildragger experience is required as I use Cessna tricycle gear towplanes

Expansion also requires another CFIG (compensated, full or part time) to recommend glider rating applicants back to me as a Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE.)

Need an A&P Mechanic for my fleet of gliders and towplanes and 20 other single engine airplanes based at Marfa. I own a nice 50'x50' steel hangar with electric door as a maintenance shop in addition to my two large 80'x80' glider and towplane hangars. Excellent potential for a profitable shop as the only A&P here is retiring soon.

For more information about Marfa town go to www.visitmarfa.com
The interesting towns of Fort Davis and Alpine are just 30 minutes north and east, respectively.

E-MAIL for more details.
Website: www.flygliders.com

Burt

Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
August 10th 19, 03:07 PM
Towpilot needed for a week or so at at time in Marfa when I'm giving my free checkrides for glider ratings including Initial CFIG. Request details at marfagliders@A 0 l dot com

Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
August 10th 19, 07:04 PM
Nice to see another AOL user, regardless of haters......LOL.....

Google