PDA

View Full Version : Forest Service Pilot Job Opening in Ogden, Utah

Larry Dighera
February 24th 05, 03:47 PM
Salary: From 60,576.00 to 78,745.00 USD per year
will close on March 21, 2005
http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/getjob.asp?JobID=27472281&AVSDM=2005%2D02%2D22+00%3A01%3A01&Logo=0&sort=dt&pg=1&q=pilot&FedEmp=N&vw=d&brd=3876&ss=0&FedPub=Y

Michelle P
February 24th 05, 04:00 PM
Bummer,
you had me excited but I am over 37 :-( The airplanes listed are all the
ones I like to fly.
Michelle

Larry Dighera wrote:

>Salary: From 60,576.00 to 78,745.00 USD per year
>will close on March 21, 2005
>http://jobsearch.usajobs.opm.gov/getjob.asp?JobID=27472281&AVSDM=2005%2D02%2D22+00%3A01%3A01&Logo=0&sort=dt&pg=1&q=pilot&FedEmp=N&vw=d&brd=3876&ss=0&FedPub=Y

John Harlow
February 24th 05, 04:06 PM
Michelle P wrote:
> Bummer,
> you had me excited but I am over 37 :-( The airplanes listed are all
> the ones I like to fly.
> Michelle

Lol - I suppose it's only legal for the government to discriminate based on
age.

Larry Dighera
February 24th 05, 04:15 PM
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:00:54 GMT, Michelle P
> wrote in
. net>::

>you had me excited but I am over 37 :-(

When you fill out the job application, just tell them it's impolite to
request that information from a woman. :-)

There are a lot more piloting jobs listed here:
http://www.atlasaviation.com/jobs%20fixed/fixed%20wing%20jobs%20page%201.htm

This is the first time I've seen such a rich listing of open piloting
positions.

John Galban
February 24th 05, 06:39 PM
From the Job announcement : " Flies aircraft at low-level over
rugged, mountainous terrain under marginal visual conditions. Lands and
takes off
from marginal backcountry airstrips in remote areas. "

Sounds like a typical backcountry day during fire season. Sheesh! I
pay to do that kind of flying in my time off.

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Newps
February 24th 05, 11:56 PM
John Harlow wrote:
> Michelle P wrote:
>
>>Bummer,
>>you had me excited but I am over 37 :-( The airplanes listed are all
>>the ones I like to fly.
>>Michelle
>

> Lol - I suppose it's only legal for the government to discriminate based on
> age.

Airlines do it.

George Patterson
February 25th 05, 02:18 AM
John Harlow wrote:

> Lol - I suppose it's only legal for the government to discriminate based on
> age.

It's legal for any employer to do that if they have good evidence that the job
requires employees in a certain age bracket.

George Patterson
I prefer Heaven for climate but Hell for company.

NW_PILOT
February 25th 05, 05:13 AM
Question, How do people obtain 1,000 in type or even 250 in type they must
have deep pockets or be extremely well connected. I want to know the secret.

NW_PILOT
February 25th 05, 05:15 AM
"John Galban" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> From the Job announcement : " Flies aircraft at low-level over
> rugged, mountainous terrain under marginal visual conditions. Lands and
> takes off
> from marginal backcountry airstrips in remote areas. "
>
> Sounds like a typical backcountry day during fire season. Sheesh! I
> pay to do that kind of flying in my time off.
>
> John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Yep, Sounds like fun! Really it dose.

aluckyguess
February 25th 05, 06:16 AM
The funny part is most of us would do this for free.
"NW_PILOT" > wrote in message

> "John Galban" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> From the Job announcement : " Flies aircraft at low-level over
>> rugged, mountainous terrain under marginal visual conditions. Lands and
>> takes off
>> from marginal backcountry airstrips in remote areas. "
>>
>> Sounds like a typical backcountry day during fire season. Sheesh! I
>> pay to do that kind of flying in my time off.
>>
>> John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)
>>

> Yep, Sounds like fun! Really it dose.

Michelle P
February 25th 05, 10:38 PM
I have 950 in one type (Maule) and about 400 (Cherokee) in another, and
about 100 in the Apache/Aztec family. Not hard but it took me twelve years.
Michelle

NW_PILOT wrote:

>Question, How do people obtain 1,000 in type or even 250 in type they must
>have deep pockets or be extremely well connected. I want to know the secret.

NW_PILOT
February 25th 05, 10:58 PM
"Michelle P" > wrote in message
link.net...
> I have 950 in one type (Maule) and about 400 (Cherokee) in another, and
> about 100 in the Apache/Aztec family. Not hard but it took me twelve
years.
> Michelle

I was meaning like Lear, Citation, Challanger, BBJ ect.

Michelle P
February 26th 05, 12:31 AM
the type rated commercial, Corporate and Charter pilot regularly achieve
over 1000 hours in type.
Michelle

NW_PILOT wrote:

>"Michelle P" > wrote in message
link.net...

>>I have 950 in one type (Maule) and about 400 (Cherokee) in another, and
>>about 100 in the Apache/Aztec family. Not hard but it took me twelve
>>

>years.
>

>>Michelle
>>

>I was meaning like Lear, Citation, Challanger, BBJ ect.

NW_PILOT
February 26th 05, 04:00 AM
"Michelle P" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> the type rated commercial, Corporate and Charter pilot regularly achieve
> over 1000 hours in type.
> Michelle

Still, with out the experience how is one able to get a job that requires a
said amount of time in type I have been looking at requirements most are
over 200 hours in type required. It would cost a fortune to get 200 hours in
a CJ1 or something similar.

George Patterson
February 26th 05, 04:01 AM
NW_PILOT wrote:

> Still, with out the experience how is one able to get a job that requires a
> said amount of time in type I have been looking at requirements most are
> over 200 hours in type required. It would cost a fortune to get 200 hours in
> a CJ1 or something similar.

You take a lower paying job that gets you the time.

George Patterson
I prefer Heaven for climate but Hell for company.

Jay Honeck
February 26th 05, 04:56 AM
> The funny part is most of us would do this for free.

Which is precisely why piloting jobs traditionally don't pay well until you
get to the highest echelons...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Michelle P
February 26th 05, 03:41 PM
That is where I am starting. I recently resigned as a AMT for a lower
paying Flying job. My first flying job.
Michelle

George Patterson wrote:

>NW_PILOT wrote:
>

>>Still, with out the experience how is one able to get a job that requires a
>>said amount of time in type I have been looking at requirements most are
>>over 200 hours in type required. It would cost a fortune to get 200 hours in
>>a CJ1 or something similar.
>>

>You take a lower paying job that gets you the time.
>
>George Patterson
> I prefer Heaven for climate but Hell for company.

George Patterson
February 26th 05, 09:12 PM
Michelle P wrote:

> That is where I am starting. I recently resigned as a AMT for a lower
> paying Flying job. My first flying job.

I assume congratulations are in order. Congratulations.

George Patterson
I prefer Heaven for climate but Hell for company.

Michelle P
March 2nd 05, 05:30 AM
George,
Thank You. I am excited and apprehensive at the same time. and no I am
not going to tell where or what as I do not want anyone where I
currently work to know where I am going.
Michelle

George Patterson wrote:

>Michelle P wrote:
>

>>That is where I am starting. I recently resigned as a AMT for a lower
>>paying Flying job. My first flying job.
>>

>I assume congratulations are in order. Congratulations.
>
>George Patterson
> I prefer Heaven for climate but Hell for company.

Google