PDA

View Full Version : Re: Quick CFI-G rating?

Terry
March 1st 05, 05:34 AM
Tina Marie wrote:
> I want to do my initial CFI in a glider. Does anyone offer an
> accelerated CFI-G course?
>
> I can travel anywhere in the US...
>
> Tina Marie
> --
>================================================== =======================
Tina,

You need a location that flies every day.

You need a location that has Designated Examiners that are authorized
to conduct initial the CFI-G. It will be difficult to get an FAA
inspector if a DPE is not available.

You need a location with good weather that will not hinder your
training.

You need a location that has instructors that have trained many
applicants for not only private, but also commercial and CFI--also the
regulation requires this experience for an initial applicant's
recommending instructor. See 14CFR 61, Subpart H.

You need a location with a large enough fleet so that scheduling will
not be a problem.

You WILL need to show up prepared to work, and should have both
writtens passed, along with a head start on a reference library. It
can be done, but you will work hard.

I know a good place.

Terry Claussen, DPE
Estrella

March 1st 05, 05:52 PM
Terry wrote:
> Tina Marie wrote:
> > I want to do my initial CFI in a glider. Does anyone offer an
> > accelerated CFI-G course?
> >
> > I can travel anywhere in the US...
> >
> > Tina Marie
> > --
>
>================================================== =======================
> Tina,
>
> You need a location that flies every day.
>
> You need a location that has Designated Examiners that are authorized
> to conduct initial the CFI-G. It will be difficult to get an FAA
> inspector if a DPE is not available.
>
> You need a location with good weather that will not hinder your
> training.
>
> You need a location that has instructors that have trained many
> applicants for not only private, but also commercial and CFI--also
the
> regulation requires this experience for an initial applicant's
> recommending instructor. See 14CFR 61, Subpart H.
>
> You need a location with a large enough fleet so that scheduling will
> not be a problem.
>
> You WILL need to show up prepared to work, and should have both
> writtens passed, along with a head start on a reference library. It
> can be done, but you will work hard.
>
> I know a good place.
>
> Terry Claussen, DPE
> Estrella

Tina,
My personal experience with the folks at Estrella is that they
are able to deliver just what you asked for and just what Terry
described in the previous post. I was prepared and got my
Commercial in two days and followed that a couple of months later with
another two day stay and got the CFIG.

Craig-

Google