PDA

View Full Version : Location of Charlie Spratt's contest reports on SSA site

Frank
March 9th 05, 01:25 AM
Charlie's reports are available in the "Contest News" section on the
SSA site. In a brilliant move to increase readership, you are required
to log on with your SSA member number & password, *before* the "Contest
News" selection becomes visible.

Go to "Contest Reports" on the main menu and then select "Contest
News".

Charlie wants everyone to know that he has been faithfully writing
reports every day and getting them to the SSA on time. Unfortunately,
there have been some delays getting them from the submission location
to the public web area.

Frank

Brian Glick
March 14th 05, 11:11 PM
I have already lodged a complaint with my SSA director on this matter, and
you should all do the same. The reply I got was that it is a "member
service" That is not a good enough reason to not allow all the people who
may be interested in SSA to see what is happening. Reading Charlie's reports
have hooked more than one person.

Brian

"Frank" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Charlie's reports are available in the "Contest News" section on the
> SSA site. In a brilliant move to increase readership, you are required
> to log on with your SSA member number & password, *before* the "Contest
> News" selection becomes visible.
>
> Go to "Contest Reports" on the main menu and then select "Contest
> News".
>
> Charlie wants everyone to know that he has been faithfully writing
> reports every day and getting them to the SSA on time. Unfortunately,
> there have been some delays getting them from the submission location
> to the public web area.
>
> Frank

Greg Arnold
March 14th 05, 11:48 PM
Yep, you don't increase the number of soaring pilots (and potential SSA
members) by hiding information about soaring.

Brian Glick wrote:
> I have already lodged a complaint with my SSA director on this matter, and
> you should all do the same. The reply I got was that it is a "member
> service" That is not a good enough reason to not allow all the people who
> may be interested in SSA to see what is happening. Reading Charlie's reports
> have hooked more than one person.
>
> Brian
>
> "Frank" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
>>Charlie's reports are available in the "Contest News" section on the
>>SSA site. In a brilliant move to increase readership, you are required
>>to log on with your SSA member number & password, *before* the "Contest
>>News" selection becomes visible.
>>
>>Go to "Contest Reports" on the main menu and then select "Contest
>>News".
>>
>>Charlie wants everyone to know that he has been faithfully writing
>>reports every day and getting them to the SSA on time. Unfortunately,
>>there have been some delays getting them from the submission location
>>to the public web area.
>>
>>Frank

Brian Glick
April 7th 05, 05:58 AM
Our point of view must have been considered, these reports are now public
again.

"Greg Arnold" > wrote in message
> Yep, you don't increase the number of soaring pilots (and potential SSA
> members) by hiding information about soaring.
>

> Brian Glick wrote:
> > I have already lodged a complaint with my SSA director on this matter,
and
> > you should all do the same. The reply I got was that it is a "member
> > service" That is not a good enough reason to not allow all the people
who
> > may be interested in SSA to see what is happening. Reading Charlie's
reports
> > have hooked more than one person.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> > "Frank" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >
> >>Charlie's reports are available in the "Contest News" section on the
> >>SSA site. In a brilliant move to increase readership, you are required
> >>to log on with your SSA member number & password, *before* the "Contest
> >>News" selection becomes visible.
> >>
> >>Go to "Contest Reports" on the main menu and then select "Contest
> >>News".
> >>
> >>Charlie wants everyone to know that he has been faithfully writing
> >>reports every day and getting them to the SSA on time. Unfortunately,
> >>there have been some delays getting them from the submission location
> >>to the public web area.
> >>
> >>Frank

Google