PDA

View Full Version : Lak 17 Yahoo group help needed

Mike C
October 22nd 19, 05:39 PM
If there are any inactive moderators from the Lak 17a Yahoo group out there, we need your help transferring files to the new location at .io groups. Please help us out by appointing a new owner/moderator before Yahoo closes down.

Thanks,

Mike
"4"

John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
October 23rd 19, 04:27 PM
If not already done so, reach out to your group owners and moderators for guidance.

To contact them, send an email to (replace groupname with the exact name of the group).

If you already know the name of the moderators then try looking up email addresses at SSA.org member lookup.

Mike C
October 24th 19, 04:25 PM
On Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 9:27:55 AM UTC-6, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
> If not already done so, reach out to your group owners and moderators for guidance.
>
> To contact them, send an email to (replace groupname with the exact name of the group).
>
> If you already know the name of the moderators then try looking up email addresses at SSA.org member lookup.

Thanks John.

No joy to date.

Mike

Dan Daly[_2_]
October 28th 19, 10:02 AM
On Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 11:25:16 AM UTC-4, Mike C wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 9:27:55 AM UTC-6, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
> > If not already done so, reach out to your group owners and moderators for guidance.
> >
> > To contact them, send an email to (replace groupname with the exact name of the group).
> >
> > If you already know the name of the moderators then try looking up email addresses at SSA.org member lookup.
>
> Thanks John.
>
> No joy to date.
>
> Mike

You will need them to appoint a Moderator with the ability to send Invites - standard mod is not enough. Good luck.

Bret Hess
October 30th 19, 02:47 AM
I'm an owner of a different Yahoo group and find I can't make any group settings changes at all. All appears to be locked down, so I'm not sure a new moderator could be appointed. But I guess with an owner's or moderator's email and password you can do the transfer.

You can use http://www.personalgroupware.com/downloads.htm to download all the content and messages for your group at least as an archive/

Dan Daly[_2_]
October 30th 19, 01:01 PM
On Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 10:47:42 PM UTC-4, Bret Hess wrote:
> I'm an owner of a different Yahoo group and find I can't make any group settings changes at all. All appears to be locked down, so I'm not sure a new moderator could be appointed. But I guess with an owner's or moderator's email and password you can do the transfer.
>
> You can use http://www.personalgroupware.com/downloads.htm to download all the content and messages for your group at least as an archive/

Agree. Our group owner changed me to owner from moderator so that I could transfer the group to groups.io automatically. Within the group (gliding club), I now show as owner, but in Yahoo Groups home, I show only as Moderator, so I can't do the change (involves sending an invite). There is no obvious way to do this automatically now.

Dan

Google