PDA

View Full Version : Re: Looking for articles on flying OLC. Performance optimization.

Martin Gregorie[_6_]
October 24th 19, 09:15 PM
Does your club have any beginner tasks, tasks with club trophies, etc? If
yes, start with them.

What worked for me, once I'd gotten past taking every thermal (which got
my Siver C and 100km BGA certs), was first learning to fly a task while
staying high and avoiding landouts rather then chasing speed and only
then then working on going faster and further while still staying high.

Learning to set a predeclared task for yourself, flying it and analysing
your logs afterwards will teach you a lot more than bimbling around the
area for a few hours and then letting OLC pick what it can out of logfile
and scoring that. If nothing else you'll get better at navigating to
turnpoints as well as getting round them and on course for the next
without wasting time and height as you tag that turnpoint. You'll also
learn a lot about the best way to use your nav system.

Flying preset tasks in the 100-250km range and analysing your logs from
them can teach you a lot.

* I guess this presupposes that you're flying in weaker conditions (US
East Coast, UK, Germany, etc) rather than in the US West or South Africa.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Google