Ventus C suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks.

Andy

ttaylor at cc.usu.edu
March 11th 05, 04:29 PM
Andy,

I have seen magnetic switches used under the seat pan. Mount one in a
stationary position and the other to the flap control rod. Set it to
close when the flaps are moved into climb position.

Tim

5Z
March 11th 05, 04:41 PM
The 302 uses a G meter and GPS to detect whether you're in cruise or
climb, so a switch is not really needed. I haven't found a need for
it.

-Tom

Eric Greenwell
March 11th 05, 09:17 PM
5Z wrote:

> The 302 uses a G meter and GPS to detect whether you're in cruise or
> climb, so a switch is not really needed. I haven't found a need for
> it.

THe flap handle activated switch has the disadvantage of switching it
into thermal mode, even if you just want to fly straight and slow under
a cloud street. My 302 also seems to switch at the proper times without
a flap switch.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Kilo Charlie
March 12th 05, 03:09 PM
Here's a cheap source for magnetic proximity switches. There are many
others. Also as someone else implied there is more control if you place a
switch on the stick.

http://www.radioshack.com/search.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&find=magnetic+switch&hp=search&SRC=1

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

Andy Smielkiewicz
March 14th 05, 04:54 AM
Thanks everybody!

Andy

"Andy Smielkiewicz" > wrote in message
.net...
> Would anybody have a suggestion what kind of a switch to use for flap
> handle activated Climb/Cruise switching of CAI 302?
> Ventus C suggestions are appreciated!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andy

Google