PDA

View Full Version : New Gov't. report involves GA

Rich S.
March 14th 05, 02:55 PM
I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from some
federal agency. The news reporters, with their usual knowledgeable
brilliance, were saying that now that the airlines and major airports are
secure, terrorists are looking at general aviation aircraft and helicopters
to threaten the public.

All the while, the background shots are showing a Tri-pacer and an RV-4
shooting t&g's at Arlington (KAWO). The talking heads didn't really get
specific about the nature of the threat.

Rich "Here we go again" S.

Montblack
March 14th 05, 05:17 PM
("Rich S." wrote)
<snip>
>I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from some
>federal agency. The news reporters, with their usual knowledgeable
>brilliance, were saying that now that the airlines and major airports are
>secure, terrorists are looking at general aviation aircraft and helicopters
>to threaten the public.

Minivan, small pickup, large car, small car, idiot with a bulky coat. Pick
one ...or two, or three. Wait! How about just the bomb itself, sitting by
the roadside?

I'm off to Google to do a search for:
"deaths in Iraq" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Spain" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Israel" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Lebanon" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Russia" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Saudi Arabia" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Philippines" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Kenya" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in London" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer
"deaths in Oklahoma" + RV-4 + Tri-Pacer

Montblack

C J Campbell
March 14th 05, 06:06 PM
"Rich S." > wrote in message
> I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from some
> federal agency. The news reporters, with their usual knowledgeable
> brilliance, were saying that now that the airlines and major airports are
> secure, terrorists are looking at general aviation aircraft and
helicopters
> to threaten the public.
>
> All the while, the background shots are showing a Tri-pacer and an RV-4
> shooting t&g's at Arlington (KAWO). The talking heads didn't really get
> specific about the nature of the threat.

Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
reporting. The actual AP press release attributes all this to "officials."
No names and not even any definite organization that they are working for.

The vast majority of terrorist attacks has been with car bombs, rocket
propelled grenades, and mines. Yet I don't see calls by anonymous
"officials" for metal detectors and explosives sniffers in every garage.

I want these anonymous "officials" who keep saying stuff like this publicly
identified. It is time to pull rank, nametags and badge numbers. I want them
fired.

Rich S.
March 14th 05, 07:19 PM
"C J Campbell" > wrote in message
> Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
> reporting.

I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight. :-|

Rich S.

StellaStarr
March 15th 05, 03:35 AM
Rich S. wrote:
> I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from some
> federal agency.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/14/terror/main680055.shtml

I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's Boyer
telling 'em GA is no threat.

Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer was
dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
March 15th 05, 09:42 AM
StellaStarr wrote:

> Rich S. wrote:
>
>> I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from
>> some federal agency.
>

> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/14/terror/main680055.shtml
>
> I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's Boyer
> telling 'em GA is no threat.
>
> Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer was
> dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.

It would need 200 pounds of fuel like diesel also. In any event if
memory serves the Ryder had something like 4 tons of explosive.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Bob Chilcoat
March 15th 05, 03:46 PM
I think I saw the same report. I thought the guy said a Cessna and 200 lb
of C-4. A big difference from 200 lb of NAFO. The real question is where
does one get 200 lb of C-4 into this country without someone noticing? I
suppose you could steal it from Uncle, but that's not so easy. Also, at
least at our airport someone would notice some Arab-looking guys loading
that stuff into a Cessna and the Police helicopter is based right on the
field. Cars and trucks seem to be a much bigger threat.

"StellaStarr" > wrote in message
> Rich S. wrote:
> > I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report from
some
> > federal agency.
> >

> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/14/terror/main680055.shtml
>
> I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's Boyer
> telling 'em GA is no threat.
>
> Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer was
> dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
March 15th 05, 07:25 PM
Bob Chilcoat wrote:
> I think I saw the same report. I thought the guy said a Cessna and 200 lb
> of C-4. A big difference from 200 lb of NAFO. The real question is where
> does one get 200 lb of C-4 into this country without someone noticing? I
> suppose you could steal it from Uncle, but that's not so easy. Also, at
> least at our airport someone would notice some Arab-looking guys loading
> that stuff into a Cessna and the Police helicopter is based right on the
> field. Cars and trucks seem to be a much bigger threat.
> --
> Bob (Chief Pilot, White Knuckle Airways)

Plastic explosives aren't hard to make. There are books available
telling how to do it. Most are dangerous, but not all. No, I won't say
which ones are good. As for loading the stuff onto an airplane what's to
stop the bad guys from stealing or renting the airplane then taking it
elsewhere to load?

The advantage of an airplane over a car bomb is you can actually get to
the building and the specific level.

Dan (veteran kamikaze pilot) U.S. Air Force, retired

Rich S.
March 15th 05, 08:48 PM
"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" > wrote in message

> Plastic explosives aren't hard to make. There are books available telling
> how to do it. Most are dangerous, but not all. No, I won't say which ones
> are good. As for loading the stuff onto an airplane what's to stop the bad
> guys from stealing or renting the airplane then taking it elsewhere to
> load?
>
> The advantage of an airplane over a car bomb is you can actually get to
> the building and the specific level.
>
> Dan (veteran kamikaze pilot) U.S. Air Force, retired

Okay . . . you told him. Now yur gonna have to kill him.

Rich "The Pirate's Code" S.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
March 15th 05, 08:52 PM
Rich S. wrote:

> "Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" > wrote in message
>
>>Plastic explosives aren't hard to make. There are books available telling
>>how to do it. Most are dangerous, but not all. No, I won't say which ones
>>are good. As for loading the stuff onto an airplane what's to stop the bad
>>guys from stealing or renting the airplane then taking it elsewhere to
>>load?
>>
>>The advantage of an airplane over a car bomb is you can actually get to
>>the building and the specific level.
>>
>>Dan (veteran kamikaze pilot) U.S. Air Force, retired
>

> Okay . . . you told him. Now yur gonna have to kill him.
>
> Rich "The Pirate's Code" S.

Hey, I killed enough people in the 100 Years War.

Dan (who takes vitamin C for codes), U.S. Air Force, retired

Ron Natalie
March 15th 05, 10:27 PM
Rich S. wrote:
> "C J Campbell" > wrote in message
>
>>Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
>>reporting.
>

> I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight. :-|
>
> Rich S.

I can still get closer to the White House and the Capitol in my car.

Teranews
March 15th 05, 11:15 PM
Ok Ron, Me too...

Go east to big lake.
Turn right
When "Florida" becomes a clear 2 syllable word, (Flo-Da), land.

"Ron Natalie" > wrote in message
> Rich S. wrote:
>> "C J Campbell" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
>>>reporting.
>>

>> I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight.
>> :-|
>>
>> Rich S.
>
> I can still get closer to the White House and the Capitol in my car.

March 16th 05, 12:02 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
> StellaStarr wrote:
>
> > Rich S. wrote:
> >
> >> I just saw an item on the morning news regarding a "new" report
from
> >> some federal agency.
> >

> > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/14/terror/main680055.shtml
> >
> > I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's
Boyer
> > telling 'em GA is no threat.
> >
> > Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer
was
> > dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.
>
> It would need 200 pounds of fuel like diesel also. In any event if
> memory serves the Ryder had something like 4 tons of explosive.

I read 1200 lbs, but doubt that figure as you fit a bomb that size in
the trunk of a large car, no need to rent a truck.

--

FF

C J Campbell
March 16th 05, 02:23 AM
"Ron Natalie" > wrote in message
> Rich S. wrote:
> > "C J Campbell" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Well, as you noted, our local CBS affiliate was pretty hysterical in its
> >>reporting.
> >

> > I missed them. The shots I saw were on King 5. I'll catch CBS tonight.
:-|

> > Rich S.
>
> I can still get closer to the White House and the Capitol in my car.

In this day and age, I would be careful of how you phrase that...

C J Campbell
March 16th 05, 02:26 AM
"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" > wrote in message
> Bob Chilcoat wrote:
> > I think I saw the same report. I thought the guy said a Cessna and 200
lb
> > of C-4. A big difference from 200 lb of NAFO. The real question is
where
> > does one get 200 lb of C-4 into this country without someone noticing?
> > suppose you could steal it from Uncle, but that's not so easy. Also, at
> > least at our airport someone would notice some Arab-looking guys loading
> > that stuff into a Cessna and the Police helicopter is based right on the
> > field. Cars and trucks seem to be a much bigger threat.
> > --
> > Bob (Chief Pilot, White Knuckle Airways)
> >

> Plastic explosives aren't hard to make. There are books available
> telling how to do it. Most are dangerous, but not all. No, I won't say
> which ones are good.

I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
March 16th 05, 04:11 AM
wrote:

> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
>
>>StellaStarr wrote:

> from

>>>http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/14/terror/main680055.shtml
>>>
>>>I think this might be it. I looked up at 5:30 CST and saw AOPA's
>
> Boyer
>
>>>telling 'em GA is no threat.
>>>
>>>Some old guy responded that a Cessna with 200 pounds of fertilizer
>
> was
>
>>>dangerous enough to recreate the Oklahoma City bombing. I sighed.
>>
>>It would need 200 pounds of fuel like diesel also. In any event if
>>memory serves the Ryder had something like 4 tons of explosive.
>

> I read 1200 lbs, but doubt that figure as you fit a bomb that size in
> the trunk of a large car, no need to rent a truck.

Before I said that I went to a non conspiracy site, they actually exist,
where they show McVeigh buy 2 kilopounds on 2 different occassions
making a total of 4 kilopounds add that to the 4 kilopounds of diesel
you get 8 kilopounds which comes out to 4 tons.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
March 16th 05, 04:14 AM
C J Campbell wrote:

> "Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" > wrote in message
>
>>Bob Chilcoat wrote:
>>
>>>I think I saw the same report. I thought the guy said a Cessna and 200
>
> lb
>
>>>of C-4. A big difference from 200 lb of NAFO. The real question is
>
> where
>
>>>does one get 200 lb of C-4 into this country without someone noticing?

>>>suppose you could steal it from Uncle, but that's not so easy. Also, at
>>>least at our airport someone would notice some Arab-looking guys loading
>>>that stuff into a Cessna and the Police helicopter is based right on the
>>>field. Cars and trucks seem to be a much bigger threat.
>>>--
>>>Bob (Chief Pilot, White Knuckle Airways)
>>>

>>Plastic explosives aren't hard to make. There are books available
>>telling how to do it. Most are dangerous, but not all. No, I won't say
>>which ones are good.
>

> I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."

Only if you are into self mutilation. Several of the formulations are
WRONG.

One guy who makes videos and publishes books is Ragnar Benson. If you
want to use his materials count his fingers and look at his face.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Ernest Christley
March 16th 05, 04:31 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:

> The advantage of an airplane over a car bomb is you can actually get to
> the building and the specific level.
>
> Dan (veteran kamikaze pilot) U.S. Air Force, retired
^^^^^^^

Did you survive?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
March 16th 05, 06:12 AM
Ernest Christley wrote:

> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
>
>> The advantage of an airplane over a car bomb is you can actually get
>> to the building and the specific level.
>>
>> Dan (veteran kamikaze pilot) U.S. Air Force, retired
>
> ^^^^^^^
>
> Did you survive?

Nope :)

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Ron Natalie
March 16th 05, 01:17 PM
C J Campbell wrote:

> I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."

That's the best counter terrorism measure I've heard of in a while.

Ron Natalie
March 16th 05, 01:17 PM
Ernest Christley wrote:
> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
>
>> The advantage of an airplane over a car bomb is you can actually get
>> to the building and the specific level.
>>
>> Dan (veteran kamikaze pilot) U.S. Air Force, retired
>
> ^^^^^^^
>
> Did you survive?

Flew twenty missions.

Mark Hickey
March 16th 05, 01:22 PM
"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" > wrote:

>C J Campbell wrote:
>
>> I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."
>>

> Only if you are into self mutilation. Several of the formulations are
>WRONG.

Shhhhhhhh.....

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
March 16th 05, 04:08 PM
Ron Natalie wrote:

> Ernest Christley wrote:
>
>> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
>>
>>> The advantage of an airplane over a car bomb is you can actually get
>>> to the building and the specific level.
>>>
>>> Dan (veteran kamikaze pilot) U.S. Air Force, retired
>>

>> ^^^^^^^
>>
>> Did you survive?
>

> Flew twenty missions.

There I wuz....

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

March 16th 05, 09:24 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
> C J Campbell wrote:
>
> > "Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" > wrote in message

> > lb

> > where

Also, at

> >>Plastic explosives aren't hard to make. There are books available
> >>telling how to do it. Most are dangerous, but not all. No, I won't
say
> >>which ones are good.
> >

> > I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."
> >

> Only if you are into self mutilation. Several of the formulations
are
> WRONG.

Uh, that may well be precisely why he recommends it.

--

FF

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
March 16th 05, 10:22 PM
wrote:

> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:
>
>>C J Campbell wrote:
>>

>>>"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" > wrote in message

> and 200
>
>>>lb

> is
>
>>>where

> noticing?

> Also, at

> on the

> say

>>>I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."
>>>

>> Only if you are into self mutilation. Several of the formulations
>
> are
>
>>WRONG.
>>

> Uh, that may well be precisely why he recommends it.

Could be, but some fool reading what he wrote will run out and buy the book.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Chris W
March 17th 05, 02:19 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired wrote:

> Before I said that I went to a non conspiracy site, they actually
> exist, where they show McVeigh buy 2 kilopounds on 2 different
> occassions making a total of 4 kilopounds

Who can name a GA plane that can carry 4 thousand lbs? That would be in
the area of a 20 passenger plane. So what, DC-3 or bigger? Isn't a
DC-3 technically an airliner?

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
http://thewishzone.com

C J Campbell
March 17th 05, 02:33 AM

> > I recommend that all terrorists use "The Anarchist's Cookbook."
> >

> Only if you are into self mutilation. Several of the formulations are
> WRONG.

Why do you think I recommend it?

C J Campbell
March 17th 05, 02:34 AM

> > Uh, that may well be precisely why he recommends it.
> >
> Could be, but some fool reading what he wrote will run out and buy the
book.

> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I would feel real bad about that.

Jim Carriere
March 17th 05, 04:18 AM
C J Campbell wrote:
> "Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" > wrote in message
>
>>>Uh, that may well be precisely why he recommends it.
>>>

>>Could be, but some fool reading what he wrote will run out and buy the
>
> book.
>
>>Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
>

> I would feel real bad about that.

Aaah, a sort of grassroots antiterrorism/disinformation campaign. Or
maybe a little cleansing of the old gene pool. Or maybe a little bit
of both.

I like :)

Google