PDA

View Full Version : You know ?

Philippe
March 14th 05, 06:38 PM
You know that :

The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
British or the Americans.
On the other hand, the French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer
heart attacks than the British or the Americans.
The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
than the British or the Americans.
The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer
heart attacks than the British or the Americans.
Conclusion: Eat and drink whatever you like. It's speaking English that
kills you.

--

UltraJohn
March 15th 05, 12:44 AM
Philippe wrote:

> You know that :
>
> The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the
> British or the Americans.
> On the other hand, the French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer
> heart attacks than the British or the Americans.
> The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
> than the British or the Americans.
> The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer
> heart attacks than the British or the Americans.
> Conclusion: Eat and drink whatever you like. It's speaking English that
> kills you.
>
> --

Very old joke <g> I've seen it at least 20 times in the last 10 years!!!
John

March 15th 05, 12:48 AM
Americans eat way too much sugar. Europeans, at least, consume
something like 50 pounds of sugar per year, while Americans go through
over 300 pounds. Those figures are from memory; I read a book a couple
of years ago called "Eat Yourself Slim" by Michael Montague, a European
chef and expert on nutrition. Just walk through an American (or
Canadian; we're almost as bad) shopping mall to see what the fat folks
are eating: supersized Cokes, Slushies, candy bars, and the like. A
two-litre (two-quart) bottle of Coke has 46 teaspoons of sugar in it.
Sugar is converted into fat almost instantly, and stored. Insulin is
part of the process, which explains the rising diabetes rates as the
pancreas gets worn out and quits.
That's the way I understand it, and as I've cut way back on the
soft drinks it's been a lot easier to get the weight off. Seems to be
some truth to it.
Maybe if I'd stuck to learning French a bit better when in high
school I'd have a lower risk of heart attack:-)

Dan

C J Campbell
March 16th 05, 02:35 AM
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Americans eat way too much sugar. Europeans, at least, consume
> something like 50 pounds of sugar per year, while Americans go through
> over 300 pounds.

Most of it totally unwanted and unnecessary, too. Much of it is foisted on
the American public in the name of avoiding fat in the diet. And then there
are the British -- deep fried Mars bars, yum. It causes chest pains just to
think about it.

Montblack
March 16th 05, 02:57 AM
("C J Campbell" wrote)
> -- deep fried Mars bars, yum. It causes chest pains just to think about
> it.

Be still my beating heart...

Montblack

Corky Scott
March 16th 05, 02:16 PM
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:57:43 -0600, "Montblack"
> wrote:

>("C J Campbell" wrote)
>> -- deep fried Mars bars, yum. It causes chest pains just to think about
>> it.
>

>Be still my beating heart...

Heh heh, eat enough of those things and you may get your wish. ;-)

Corky Scott

LCT Paintball
March 16th 05, 06:49 PM
> the best things to learn from the french are
> -) not to work too hard
> -) to enjoy a glass of wine, preferably red
> but at both points, the italians surpass them!

And, if somebody is shooting at you, RUN AWAY! That helps you live longer
too. ;)

MJC
March 17th 05, 09:38 PM
Naw, the French have historically found that surrendering is easier than
running away.

MJC

"LCT Paintball" > wrote in message
> > the best things to learn from the french are
> > -) not to work too hard
> > -) to enjoy a glass of wine, preferably red
> > but at both points, the italians surpass them!
>

> And, if somebody is shooting at you, RUN AWAY! That helps you live longer
> too. ;)

Rich
March 19th 05, 05:23 PM
I think that you will find that deep fried Mars bars are a Scottish
delicacy!

And that's why we are the heart capital of Europe.......and perhaps
the world

Rich

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:16:36 -0500, Corky Scott
> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:57:43 -0600, "Montblack"
> wrote:
>
>>("C J Campbell" wrote)
>>> -- deep fried Mars bars, yum. It causes chest pains just to think about
>>> it.
>>

>>Be still my beating heart...
>
>Heh heh, eat enough of those things and you may get your wish. ;-)
>
>Corky Scott

Jean-Paul Roy
March 24th 05, 05:18 PM
" Maybe if I'd stuck to learning French a bit better when in high
school I'd have a lower risk of heart attack:-)"
or more libido:-)
> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Americans eat way too much sugar. Europeans, at least, consume
> something like 50 pounds of sugar per year, while Americans go through
> over 300 pounds. Those figures are from memory; I read a book a couple
> of years ago called "Eat Yourself Slim" by Michael Montague, a European
> chef and expert on nutrition. Just walk through an American (or
> Canadian; we're almost as bad) shopping mall to see what the fat folks
> are eating: supersized Cokes, Slushies, candy bars, and the like. A
> two-litre (two-quart) bottle of Coke has 46 teaspoons of sugar in it.
> Sugar is converted into fat almost instantly, and stored. Insulin is
> part of the process, which explains the rising diabetes rates as the
> pancreas gets worn out and quits.
> That's the way I understand it, and as I've cut way back on the
> soft drinks it's been a lot easier to get the weight off. Seems to be
> some truth to it.
> Maybe if I'd stuck to learning French a bit better when in high
> school I'd have a lower risk of heart attack:-)
>
> Dan

Google