PDA

View Full Version : de Havilland DH.94 Moth Minor pics 3 [3/3] - VH-THT_DH-94_Moth_Minor_RAAFA_Museum_Bull_Creek.jpg (1/1)

Miloch
May 9th 19, 03:36 PM
*

Mitchell Holman[_9_]
May 10th 19, 04:05 AM
Miloch > wrote in
:

I cannot imagine trying to teach
someone to fly by yelling at them from
the rear cockpit, much less learning
to fly that way. That was the standard
for decades tho so I guess it worked...

Miloch
May 10th 19, 04:19 AM
In article >, Mitchell Holman
says...

:

> I cannot imagine trying to teach
>someone to fly by yelling at them from
>the rear cockpit, much less learning
>to fly that way. That was the standard
>for decades tho so I guess it worked...

In primary, I had a short tempered instructor who was so ****ed at me for
something I've long forgotten, in a rage he physically shoved me toward the door
of the little TH-55 trainer while I still had the controls in hand!!

I complained and got a replacement instructor...with the original shoving
instructor removed as a flying instructor all together.

*

Mitchell Holman[_9_]
May 10th 19, 01:55 PM
Miloch > wrote in
:

:

>> I cannot imagine trying to teach
>>someone to fly by yelling at them from
>>the rear cockpit, much less learning
>>to fly that way. That was the standard
>>for decades tho so I guess it worked...
>>

> In primary, I had a short tempered instructor who was so ****ed at me
> for something I've long forgotten, in a rage he physically shoved me
> toward the door of the little TH-55 trainer while I still had the
> controls in hand!!
>
> I complained and got a replacement instructor...with the original
> shoving instructor removed as a flying instructor all together.

When my father was training pilots in
WWII cadets could not be washed out by a
single instructor. A different instructor
took the trainee up and had to reach the
same conclusion before any action was
taken.

Miloch
May 10th 19, 02:58 PM
In article >, Mitchell Holman
says...

:

:

>>> I cannot imagine trying to teach
>>>someone to fly by yelling at them from
>>>the rear cockpit, much less learning
>>>to fly that way. That was the standard
>>>for decades tho so I guess it worked...
>>>

>> In primary, I had a short tempered instructor who was so ****ed at me
>> for something I've long forgotten, in a rage he physically shoved me
>> toward the door of the little TH-55 trainer while I still had the
>> controls in hand!!
>>
>> I complained and got a replacement instructor...with the original
>> shoving instructor removed as a flying instructor all together.
>

> When my father was training pilots in
>WWII cadets could not be washed out by a
>single instructor. A different instructor
>took the trainee up and had to reach the
>same conclusion before any action was
>taken.

I don't think I was the only one who complained about him...there are just some
pilots who make poor instructors.

My father graduated from flight training in '42 but then came down with
rheumatic fever (heart condition). Instead of discharging him, they kept him
in...and when he recovered used him as an instructor for B-24s.

He wound up putting in 20 years and retired with 10,000+ hours. Actually they
grounded him after he had two heart attacks!! His attitude was that if he
couldn't fly, he wouldn't stay in.

Can't help but admire the guy...he then went to college and got a degree then a
teaching credential and taught high school for 15 year.

*

Google