PDA

View Full Version : Best route to SNF from New England...

pho
March 15th 05, 04:14 AM
Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the best
route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
then.. Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?
Pete

Marc J. Zeitlin
March 15th 05, 02:24 PM
pho asked:

> Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the
best
> route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
> then..

Here's the route I take from FIT-LAL (Fitchburg, MA):

First Leg:

FIT-JFK-N12-SBY-SFQ

If you can't go OVER the NY Class B (due to weather), take the VFR
Hudson River Corridor. Stop for gas in SFQ - get some food.

Second Leg:

SFQ-MYR-8S5-SVN-55J-DED-LAL

There are some small hitches along the way to avoid some Class B
airspace near Orlando, but if you're high enough, you avoid any Class D
and Class C along the way. You do fly through some MOA's.

>....Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?

VHF corridor? You mean VFR? No, although you CAN still fly the VFR
Hudson River corridor in NYC.

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://marc.zeitlin.home.comcast.net/

Rich Ahrens
March 15th 05, 10:58 PM
Marc J. Zeitlin wrote:
> VHF corridor? You mean VFR? No, although you CAN still fly the VFR
> Hudson River corridor in NYC.

As long as there's no Yankees game...

Errol Groff
March 15th 05, 11:01 PM
On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:14:36 -0500, pho >
wrote:

>Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the best
>route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
>then.. Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?
>Pete

I can't resist.

Going south keep the ocean on the left. Coming back the ocean should
be on the right.

Highflyer
March 16th 05, 04:05 AM
"Errol Groff" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:14:36 -0500, pho >
> wrote:
>
>>Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the best
>>route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
>>then.. Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?
>>Pete
>
> I can't resist.
>
> Going south keep the ocean on the left. Coming back the ocean should
> be on the right.

Yah. I do that from the midwest. I go east to the first ocean and take a
right.

Highflyer

UltraJohn
March 16th 05, 04:23 AM
Highflyer wrote:

>> I can't resist.
>>
>> Going south keep the ocean on the left. Coming back the ocean should
>> be on the right.
>>

> Yah. I do that from the midwest. I go east to the first ocean and take a
> right.
>
> Highflyer

Good ones!
I'm glad the world still has a sense of humour!
John

PS i don't like landing at SFQ I hate mixing it up with the jumpers <g>

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
March 16th 05, 04:46 AM
Highflyer wrote:

> "Errol Groff" > wrote in message
>
>>On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:14:36 -0500, pho >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Has anybody flown to SNF from New England ( Southern VT)? Whats the best
>>>route (VFR)? Last trip was 1996 and I sure things have changed since
>>>then.. Can you still fly the VHF corridor between Regan & Dulles?
>>>Pete
>>
>>I can't resist.
>>
>>Going south keep the ocean on the left. Coming back the ocean should
>>be on the right.
>>

> Yah. I do that from the midwest. I go east to the first ocean and take a
> right.
>
> Highflyer

What ever happened to IFR (I follow railroads)?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Google